April 17, 2014 | 1912 users online

Shampoo - L'anza - Healing Strength White Tea Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2013 6:00:00 PM More reviews by lichi79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a good shampoo for those people who do well on sls free shampoos. That said I don't feel that my hair or scalp feel clean after using this, despite of all the rich lather it produces. I also feel that I have to wash my hair more often with this shampoo. I do believe it makes hair healthier because it has an excellent ingredient list, very high quality formula. You can very much compare it to Joico k-pac shampoo. It smells sort of a tropical, sun tan lotion like smell. Not overly sweet, or obnoxious.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2012 7:24:00 PM More reviews by 1017

I did some research regarding these PH discussions and the one reviewer saying it is acidic. Turns out the ph balance of hair and scalp is naturally @ a 5 which is slightly acidic. If a product claims to be ph balanced than it is slightly acidic (anything up to a 7 is acidic). So the ph balance of this shampoo is at the recommended ph levels and not horribly acidic (like burn your hair off), but just slightly acidic which is what is good for the hair.

As for the actual shampoo, it performs well, but so far isn't a colossal stand out. I really, really like the smell...my fave out of all the L'Anza shampoos. I like the lather too...nice for sulfate free. I will update on performance as I try it out more.

UPDATE: I do like this shampoo. I would give it a B. But I don't want to pay $23 for a B. I want an A+ for that price.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2012 8:45:00 PM More reviews by lovettmann

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This shampoo makes my hair so shiny! It does seem I don't see as much hair in the shower drain afterwards, too. You only need a little for a nice lather, and so that makes the hefty price more bearable. Lastly, it smells really nice! I will purchase this again and, am in fact thinking of trying the conditioner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2011 11:02:00 AM More reviews by Emma13

I'm sensitive to most shampoos, they tend to give me scalp problems. The only shampoos I've been able to use regularly without problems have been Weleda rosemary (though it was a little drying), Joico K-pak, and this one. This is honestly one of the best shampoos I've ever used, and it is very gentle on hair too (contains no sls/als, but does contain a lot of conditioning, hydrating ingredients as well as some protein). I don't believe that natural is necessarily better when it comes to hair care, it's the result that counts. I'm very happy with this but I might go back to K-Pak next time just to alternate. So as long as your hair is not protein-sensitive I'd highly recommend trying this.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2011 2:03:00 AM More reviews by sexylovie84

this didn't do really anything special for my hair except smell nice. I unfortunately noticed a lot of fall out after starting this bottle too. unusual for me.. anyway I am almost done with the bottle and won't repurchase .

**EDIT- so on the back of the bottle it says this stuff has a ph of 5.5 which is acidic and I think that dried out my already damaged hair. the conditioner has the same ph :( I used the rest of this on my dog

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2011 10:14:00 AM More reviews by appletea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I hate to be the lone voice of dissent, but this shampoo just didn't live up to my expectations. I've been growing out my hair and it is about an inch and a half past my shoulders now. I've suffered from breakage on my crown as long as I can remember, but I'm also starting to experience it around my temples too. Sick of seeing strands of hair all over the place, I decided to splurge on this shampoo. It has a nice, unobtrusive smell and feels really good in my hair. Rinses away cleanly and leaves my hair soft even before conditioner. However, I've almost used up the entire bottle and still don't notice a difference in my hair in terms of breakage. To be fair, this is a great shampoo and if I was judging it in terms of hydration and the overall condition of my hair after use, I'd give it 4.5 stars. But because in my case it failed at its primary function, I have to bump it down. I'd still recommend this to someone to use because I think the secondary effects are great and I'd buy it again if it was cheaper, but it isn't, so I won't.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2011 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Nikkilici0us

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I love, love, love this shampoo!! my hair is pretty long.. a couple inches past my bra strap, but is layered with shorter pieces through the front and top. I straighten my hair every other day and because its long, it needs tons of nourishment. This shampoo has made my hair feel sooo nice - it feels lovely and is weighty and bouncy after i style it.. even after I use a straightener! i LOVE this! I will totally repurchase

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2011 8:06:00 PM More reviews by missymarissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This may be a little early to write a review on, having only have used it for a week now, but I think I can tell this is a very good shampoo. I have the conditioner as well which both seem to work well together adding some shine without weighing down. I never know what I want or need when it comes to hair products because I have fine flat hair that needs volume yet its on the dry side (very frusterating combo!) Volumizing shampoo drys my hair out, moisturizing doesn't get my hair clean enough. This caught my eye because the claim it would "strengthen hair". So far I can't tell to see if it does strengthen, but I like the way my hair feels afterward- bouncy and shiny and I really like the smell. It's not overpowering just a fresh clean hair scent. You get quite a bit of product for the price, with my license discount i get 50% off the list price so I payed 11$ each for the shampoo and conditioner totalling $22. Doesn't contain SLS, and has keratin amino acids <3

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2011 6:22:00 AM More reviews by agnareqc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've used it for half a year and my hair has been amazing. I've got long hair and trim it every 3-4 months, and even my hairdresser was amazed that I have virtually no split ends. For an SLS-free shampoo this is totally luxurious, foamy and creamy but not sticky at all, just perfect lather. As I rinse it out, I already feel my hair getting smooth. My hair is naturally thin and frizzy and dehydrated, but with this shampoo, no one can tell. The hair feels smooth and perfectly moisturized, with just right amount of volume and natural wave (in my case), and shining from within. I find it great before wearing my hair straight or slightly wavy, but it doesn't work for natural curls that well. Apart from that, it's just perfect hair in a bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2010 8:54:00 PM More reviews by yabanjo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used this shampoo for a year and I swear by it! This stopped breakage in my hair. I used to see so much hair on the floor when I would brush my hair and after using it even in one week I noticed a difference. By one year, my hair was so healthy. My hair broke apart due to using a hot iron without any moisturizers/serums, because of my oily hair. This shampoo didn't help with the oiliness but I had to use it for the breakage. It's a miracle worker.I used it in conjuction with L'anza Healing Moisture Conditioner. Awesome!