October 20, 2014 | 1741 users online

Fragrances - Narciso Rodriguez - Nr for Her Musc Collection

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2012 2:41:00 AM More reviews by musicMAKEUPmelodrama

Just got this from my best friend for Christmas. I have wanted this perfume for so long after smelling it in a magazine. It's really hard to find offline for some reason. I was so not disappointed when I got this perfume. It smells so fresh & unique. It has a similar smell to SJP's Lovely but it's more distinctive and lasts way longer. I have tried so many perfumes and I am actually really sick of many that are out there. I don't know a woman that doesn't own D&G Light Blue (myself included). After a while it gets boring to smell like everyone else. This fragrance has that factor that sets you apart from everyone else. It's nothing short of exceptional. It just seduces my senses and perks up my mood while wearing it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2012 7:44:00 PM More reviews by coolfreshair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree with the person below who said it smells almost medicinal when first sprayed. I got that also, but it doesn't take long for the scent to metamorphise into a beautiful soft musc.

I don't actually possess this as yet, but I hope to before Christmas :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2012 1:18:00 PM More reviews by BelleFemme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Ok. So I went to NM the other day and i wanted to try Jimmy Choo and this woman suggested Elie Saab and the NR Intense. When she first sprayed the NR I wanted to throw up. It smells like medicine and something else. I wasn't feeling it at all at first. But once it dies down, it is very beautiful. At first I thought the woman was just trying to sell me. But she was right. Its very seductive and a beautiful evening scent. Don't be put off by its immediate scent when you first spray it, you have to let it dry and thats when the true smell comes out.

I only give it a four lippie because I don't like the smell when you first spray it. BUT again once it dries out its gorgeous.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2012 8:41:00 PM More reviews by dewdrop

This fragrance reminded me of something I used to have years ago - Night Blooming Jasmine by Bath & Body Works. Yes, that product was a sharp and screechy cheapie that took hours to die down. And this one is NOT sharp or screechy. In fact, it does become a nice skin scent. But just the fact that this very soft Narciso in the tempting glossy purple bottle conjured up the notes of that old B&BW classic made me lose interest. And saved me a ton of money!

Why won't they just drop the price drastically on the hugely overpriced (but admittedly delicious) Narciso Musc Oil for all of us 99 percent-ers so we can get our true musk fix?

In the meantime, no sale for me on Musc Collection Edp Intense, but it's an awfully pretty bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2011 11:18:00 AM More reviews by LibertyRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this without reservation! I started with NR For Her EDT (black bottle) and switched when the EDP (pink bottle) came out, and now the Musc Collection (metallic purple bottle) is my new love. I like that Narciso is not cashing in on the success of For Her and instead holds off on brand new perfumes in favor of evolving his original collection. NR For Her is now a coveted brand, and each new edition is well thought-out. I am no fragrance expert and cannot analyze the notes in a technical way, but I think with the Musc Collection the florals are more dominant, though they're still grounded by the musk. It's sexier than the EDT (which I find to be quite sharp) and more complex than the EDP (which is sweeter). It's a richly layered grown-up scent that I love being enveloped in.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2011 12:34:00 AM More reviews by supie

I was about to buy this unsniffed, then I sniffed. How come no one has mentioned that this smells exactly like a pack of Bazooka bubble gum for about an hour before the drydown?! The final result is nice enough, along the lines of for her EDT, but I still prefer those notes. But either way, this isn't worthy of further analysis because I don't have a hour every day to smell like bubblegum when what I am trying to get is a warm musky skin scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2011 8:20:00 PM More reviews by tenderheart003

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I must say that NR has THE most confusing naming system I have ever seen! The product listed in the heading and the product that I am reviewing is called "Narciso Rodriguez For Her Musc Collection EDP Intense" and it is in the metallic purple/pink bottle. Also, it smells NOTHING like the original For Her scent.

I am by no means a fragrance expert; I wear what I like. I have a sensitive stomach though and there are many scents that make me nauseaus (for instance, the original NR scent or SJP Lovely). This scent is gorgeous! It is sexy without being overwhelming. This has replaced Stella as my nighttime scent although I have worn it during the day in cool weather and kept sniffing myself. I haven't been brave enough to wear it during the day in the summer heat here in Texas because I can see it being a bit much.My skin picks up a lot of the musk and jasmine, a hint of the ylang ylang and little to no orange blossom. It is well rounded and smells "polished" to me. This was a great buy and my current fave. Other scents that I like, for reference, are MJ Daisy EDP, Stella, DKNY pure, Chanel Coco Mlle, Chanel no 5 eau premiere, Chanel chance eau tendre.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2011 1:12:00 AM More reviews by redaddict

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really love the scent but I have gone through a whole bottle in only a few months because no matter how much of this I spray on, it is totally gone after about an hour. Seriously. I have never encountered a perfume that just disappears like this one does (and I am one who really hates overpowering perfumes so I tend to use perfumes very lightly). Very very disappointing.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2011 9:45:00 AM More reviews by berna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Unfortunately a big no, because it doesn't last on me but I really wished it would. Maybe it's due to my dry skin...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2010 8:45:00 AM More reviews by veiolex

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

this is a review for the musc collection EDP that comes in a pink/mettalic bottle:
LOVELY scent. it's so soft elegant and feminin but very musky at the same time. but not that grandma-kind of muskyness, very much like the original NR EDP or EDT.
i really think i found my signature scent. finally!