September 30, 2014 | 1115 users online

Toners - La Roche Posay - Effaclar Toner Astringent Lotion

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2014 3:16:00 PM More reviews by daisydaisys

Awful. High alcohol content- very drying. Cheap product being sold for too much money- not good for anything. Do not recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2013 11:09:00 AM More reviews by ssim2

Bought this to remove any leftover traces of makeup. After a while, it seems to make my skin more dry and thus stop using it (in fact just using the La Roche Posay makeup removal and cleanser are good enough. You can read my reviews on these 2 wonderful products). However because of its drying effect, I will usually dip it onto the cotton wool and spot treat on my pimples or whiteheads. It was effective in drying them within 1-2 days and thought that this is much gentler to clear my spots than using benzoyl peroxide on it. Overall if I would to review it as a face toner, I wouldn't recommend it...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2013 3:46:00 PM More reviews by justilou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I like it in combination with serozinc, WHICH IS DISCONTINUED!!! WHY??? Alone, it's okay, but not brilliant. I will continue to purchase until I can get something else or make my own serozinc.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2013 3:00:00 PM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

I find the product being bit too harsh. The smell is also quite strong, very medical type of smell. After applying the toner I feel quite strong burning sensation and my skin feels irritated. The toner is also quite drying, even on the oilier parts of my combination skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by nancyellenb

Three words: AD-DIC-TED. I purchased this after watching one of my favorite beauty bloggers swear by it, and now, I'm addicted to it. I used it twice a day - in the morning (followed by the La Roche Posay Spring Water mist) and at night, after Cetaphil cleanser. I've either found the perfect combination of skin care products, or this stuff alone is awesome. I hadn't used a toner in many years, but this product feels gentle enough not to dry out and strip my skin, yet hard working enough to pick up any stubborn residue left behind after the Cetaphil. It is a great product and well worth keeping as a staple in a skin cleansing regime.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2012 5:18:00 AM More reviews by jeanjeantata

it does keep my skin matte but other than that, nothing more.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2011 6:10:00 AM More reviews by ExpatBeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

* MY SKIN - Combination and dry in the winter with occasional acne.
* HISTORY - I've always used Clinique's Mild Clarifying Lotion in the past but decided to try out this product since I'm a fan of La Roche Posay.
* EXPERIENCE - Clinique's Mild Clarifying Lotion has always been good to me but I found that it required a lot of product on the cotton pad to do the job (I always had to re-moisten the cotton pad). This Effaclar toner seems to work just as well, I don't experience any tingling / burning / itchiness which is good. Also, the Effaclar does not dry out in the cotton pad like Clinique's Mild Clarifying Lotion does which means that unlike the Clinique product, a drop or two of Effaclar goes a long way. I also like the flip-top lid instead of a cap.
* PRICE - 14.20 at the pharmacy
* SUMMARY - At about the same price as the Clinique product and with the same effectiveness for my skin, I would definitely repurchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2011 3:03:00 PM More reviews by fionatheninja

i find tht this works well with my combo skin. it isnt too drying and it cleans up really well. even after washing my face with a deep cleanser, i still find a residue of dirt on my pad tht i used with this toner. it doesnt rlly help with sport treating for acne, but knowing tht it gets rid of excess oil and dirt, i rlly like it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2011 9:19:00 AM More reviews by martine067

Good for combination skin. It works well on my T-zone to keep the level of sebum decreased. Advantages: last long, works well on T- zone.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2011 4:44:00 PM More reviews by mmjmbd

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i feel refresh when i applied it but if u put an excess for product on the pad , it will dries up your skin . i will not buy it again .