July 23, 2014 | 2136 users online

Lipstick - Illamasqua - Test

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2013 7:28:00 PM More reviews by swimmingpretty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

MLBB right here, I tend to wear this with a medium brown lip liner or on the inner part of my lips and its perfect. Lip balm is a must with illamasqua lipsticks because this is a flat matte - on me this makes it look even more natural. I honestly can't think of any cons with this one, I know some of the lipsticks break but so far I have been lucky.
This can also be worn under bright lipsticks to tone them down and because its matte it helps the other lipstick stay around.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2013 5:00:00 PM More reviews by Vanillablood

i liked the colour,a nude beige/dusty pink colour. but i found he consistency of this to be dry and hard to apply. i also find that after a few applications the lipstick becomes lose in the packages and i fear it will fall apart soon. the liptick itself in the tube is flimsy. ive actually had one break on me, i put the remains in a small tub put in the microwave for a few seconds until it melted to the shape of the container then applied it with fingers like a balm. as soon as it cools it goes back to original consistency. sounds odd but it saves wasting ive actually mixed different colours of this lipstick this way. i mixed in a bit of fable with test which made a nice colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2011 10:33:00 AM More reviews by dundada

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

I love Test. It looks great not that different from my MAC Mehr lipstick which is LE and came from the MAC Mickey Contractor collection. I love wearing just a little bit of Test over Illamasqua's Submit lipstick for a Mod 60 lip look especially with black eye makeup.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2010 6:57:00 AM More reviews by HeatherSung

It was not as pigmented as I expected it to be. The base is not very sturdy. I forsee the lipstick will snap / collaspe on me before i am half way thru it. For the price, the lipstick casing was quite tacky, nothing spectacular.

dupe for MAC cream cup, Bobbi Brown Nude Beige #61 and YSL Rouge volupte #1.If you possess most of the highly raved nude shades, you ought to skip this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2010 9:19:00 PM More reviews by Beth

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Based on a great review at the blog Musings of a Beauty Muse, I took the plunge into Illamasqua with this lipstick. (For some reason, the shadows and blushes just don't turn me on.) Her commentary is at http://www.musingsofamuse.com/2009/08/product-musings-illamasqua-lipstick-in.html .Her picture makes it look slightly more nude than it actually is. To me, it looks more like a nude rose in the tube. There is no fragrance or taste. When they say matte, they mean it: on me it's almost flat matte. And the color changes on me, but in a good way...almost a MLBB nude rose. I also disagree with the Muse on the lipstick's emollient properties; on my lips it's very drying. Happily, I don't mind reapplying. I would like to try another color, but I'm as usual not trusting the swatches on Sephora's web site and planning to check out the colors in person.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2010 11:55:00 PM More reviews by media_cookie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

me: NC20 with lightly pigmented lips. this is a pinky tan on me. way too much brown. I call colors like this "office makeup". its super neutral excellent pigmentation and no shimmer or glitter. smooth and matte but not as dry as some of their other lipsticks (my lips dry out very easily so I do use a lip balm underneath). Soft scent, kind of sweet. I'm a fan of illamasqua lipsticks. just not this color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2009 More reviews by mkdallas

This is a great lipstick under certain conditions. If you've never worn Illamasqua, their products are geared for a dramatic, night-out look. All the products are heavily pigmented and the lipsticks are no exception. Test is a pinky-nude shade, leaning heavily to the pink side, with no beige undertone. It is super-pigmented and matte; although not tremendously creamy, I had no trouble with a smooth application, unlike one of the other posts here noted. It's a little too intense a shade to wear in the daytime, especially if you don't have on much eye makeup. On the other hand, it looks fabulous with a dark smoky eye. I wore it that way to a holiday party and it looked really great. I particularly like that it has no beige tone (more of an MLBB, i.e. you don't look like you have concealer on your lips).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2009 4:22:00 AM More reviews by StrawberryBlondeMakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have Test in a quad palette of lipsticks and it was my immediate favourite of the 4 colours I tried. Test is a pretty, muted mauve with pinkish undertones. It's makes a great spring or winter lip colour to pair with cooler toned eyes and the pink tone saves it from being unflattering on pale skins. It's perfect for the office as it's not too bright.

Test is, like most of Illamasqua's lipsticks, a matte shade. It is dry but has fabulous staying power. I would purchase this lippie in full size (i.e. the tube) once my palette has run out.

Click continue for pics -

Bottom left.

Third from left.
continued >>

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2009 2:05:00 PM More reviews by 2crazycatladies

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This lipstick is so hard that it wont apply to my lips. Its 70 degrees out and is at room temp and still is so hard to apply that I had to go around my lips 3 times to get any color at all. I am returning it today.