August 29, 2014 | 1769 users online

Eye Shadow - Yves Rocher - Couleurs Nature - Single Eyeshadow

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2013 8:21:00 AM More reviews by Kat2004

I can't believe there aren't more reviews on these shadows! I own 4 of the singles and 3 of the matte trios. Yves rocher launched a bunch of new shades for fall 2013 and they improved the formula along with it....they used to be just ok but now they are butter smooth highly pigmented rich shades. I pick them up on their 50% off sales for about $8. Check them out!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2009 11:06:00 AM More reviews by ChildOfTheMoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a review for the new makeup edition (2008/09) Couleurs Nature- single eyeshadow. So far I've only tested it in colour 41. Mauve Petale, so the review will be based on that. I'm sad to say Im underwhelmed- the colour is beautiful medium lilac, but the pigment is very weak. There's no use of trying to apply this shadow with a brush- the texture is quite dry so the powder doesnt stick to the bristles. I was able to get better results with a sponge applicator and using my finger tips. But it still looks much lighter on eyelids compared to the pan. I'll use it up though- since it is a nice colour after all- just not nearly as dark as I expected. On the positive side, there's no fallout whatsoever.
Something tells me that the darker colours would work better- so I might repurchase this e/s in black or brown... Yves Rocher products are affordable and almost always on sale- so I dont consider it a big risk. Will be back with an update!

September 2010 UPDATE:
I ordered two more shades: 81. Orchidee d'argent: which is a gorgeous medium silvery gray, with shimmer (not glitter) and zero fallout. It is MUCH more pigmented than previously purchased Mauve Petale. The texture is also different, more powdery and not chalky at all.
2nd shade I purchased is 11. Fleur d'oranger which is a nude peachy shade, that appears almost like a golden wash on my skin. Again, even though this is a lighter shade it is more pigmented than Mauve, and has that lovely powdery, nearly creamy texture.
I'm upping my rating from 2 to 4 lippies, considering that some shades seem to be complete success (5 lippes for my last two) and at least one is chalky. My next purchase will be the black one as I have seen it swatched on a blog, and it looks amazing.