October 25, 2014 | 1610 users online

Body Scrubs - Soap & Glory - Flake Away Spa Body Polish

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2014 10:33:00 AM More reviews by shi1

I was debating whether I should give this product 3 or 4 lippies but ultimately decided on 3 because I found it ok and would probably not repurchase. Its quite gritty in a thick oily paste which does not rinse off completely with water. In a way that's nice because you don't need to reapply moisturizer afterwards, but its not the nicest feeling residue (kind of gummy), and it doesn't seem to really help keep you moisturized very well or very long. In terms of exfoliation, it does an ok job - I feel like if it wasn't in such a oily paste that makes the product slide around so easily, it would probably exfoliate better. Its definitely scented, and not in the most subtle ways so smell before you buy in case you do not like the smell. It comes in a pot that you have to unscrew, and use your fingers to dig out the product. I would have preferred a tube. When I'm handling the pot in the shower, water gets inside, and the product gets under my fingernails, and it all just gets a bit clumsy. I'll keep looking for something better.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2014 2:48:00 PM More reviews by misanders

I found this scrub to harsh for my skin. Because the grit was so harsh I never scrubbed for very long and my skin did not feel much different afterwards. The smell is ok, not really my favorite. I just make sure not to wear perfume the day I use this as it will be overwhelming. Won't purchase this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2014 12:16:00 PM More reviews by Calistacyra

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This leaves my skin so freaking soft! I don't even need to use a body butter anymore! It leaves my skin glowing and the smell is omphhh! LOVE THIS STUFF! Definitely buying this again! Do not hesitate to buy the big size of this! I guarantee u will regret not buying this

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2014 11:27:00 AM More reviews by Luuuna

This is the best body scrub i have ever tried and i have tried a number of body scrubs! I have heard great things about Soap and Glory's body scrubs so i tried out the small tub first and after the first use, i was hooked!

The best thing about this product is that it exfoliates and at the same time moisturizes your skin so it won't leave your skin dry and flaky. After using this product,i find that i don't really have to moisturize my body cos the scrub will leave my skin smooth and supple. It also as a really nice scent,nothing overpowering.

However, I noticed that some of the sugar granules are quite course and they hurt my skin but that rarely happens.

In all,i love this product and i would repurchase it over and over again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2014 12:35:00 PM More reviews by Moozi

I've always lived soap and glory scrubs and this one is my favorite of them all. It smells really nice and leaves my skin very smooth and soft. Absolutely love it and would repurchase it again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2014 4:49:00 PM More reviews by BeautyAddict62

Flake Away is my HG body scrub. I cannot recommend this enough!
I suffer from keratosis pilaris on my upper arms and after I use this, my arms are dramatically softer & smoother. I use this twice a week and can really see my skin has improved since using it. It is abrasive yet doesn't irritate or leave me raw. It is moisturising enough for me so sometimes I can even skip body lotion if I am in a rush. It has the signature S&G scent which I love. The best body scrub I've ever used. I highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2014 11:40:00 AM More reviews by gemgem22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This scrub is pretty decent, being a relatively abrasive salt scrub that does a great job of smoothing out any dry, flaky bits or scaly limbs. It's a little oily, and does leave a very slight layer on your skin but not in an uncomfortable, greasy way - some oil-based scrubs leave a horrible slippery film behind meaning having to use shower gel afterwards to degrease - not cool! This doesn't do that but you can feel it slightly on the skin after rinsing, but for me it's more of a moisturising glow than an oily film, and it doesn't leave you too greasy that you can't use lotion after. Indeed, if you use The Righteous Butter from the same range afterwards your neighbours will probably smell you through the walls! It's VERY perfumed, with same scent as the other products in the 'Original Pink' range, and Flake Away is, to me anyway, the most strongly scented. I have quite reactive skin but this doesn't cause any undue sensitivity despite the strong fragrance and saltiness - though don't use it on any cuts or scratches as that salt will STING! Price is reasonable (in the UK at least, currently 8) as the larger tub probably lasts a while - I used the travel-size to try it out but may well buy the full-size tub in the future.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2014 9:56:00 PM More reviews by aquarianrabbit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a so-so salt body scrub. I like salt scrubs because they help detoxify and tone your skin. In fact, I used to make a lot of my own salt scrubs when I was broke and I really enjoyed them. Now that I have some money and next to no down time, I thought I'd indulge with this fairly inexpensive scrub from sephora. The thing I like most about this scrub is the scent. I can barely describe it, maybe a musky, sweet floral? You'll have to smell it yourself.

Anyway, I do love the smell, but the actual scrub is a bit lacking since it gets rather melty in the shower. Obviously salt dissolves in water, which is why they suspended the salt in oil, but I find that it starts to melt too soon. I'll get in the shower, get wet, then grab the scrub to slather myself in and it's already a bit sloppy. Once you get the mixture on your skin, though, you don't have to scrub too vigorously since it is decently coarse. After a few minutes the salt will melt and you're left with the oil, which doesn't quite rinse off. If you like being a bit oily, then you'll like this scrub, but I find it to be a little too oily for my liking. I'd prefer something that rinsed just a tad cleaner. Also, keep in mind that salt in any cut or wound is going to sting like a bitch. Be careful with your nipples!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2014 2:07:00 AM More reviews by bfish14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Once again, I got suckered in to buying S&G because of the cute packaging! I think most S&G products have a weird scent that I find hard to describe - kind of chemical but it's light so it's not really unpleasant but definitely not pleasant either. I was very excited to give this product a try because I heard great things. I used it on my legs to exfoliate my dry winter skin. It felt a little harsh as I rubbed it on my legs but I didn't think much of it but as I began washing it off - my legs started burning horribly. I got off as much as product as I could, patted dry, and saw that I had painful red bumps all over. Obviously I had a bad allergic reaction that isn't necessarily characteristic of this product - but sensitive skinned people beware! Test this product on a small area prior to regular use (good general rule to follow anyway) just to be sure you won't had a bad reaction.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2014 5:02:00 PM More reviews by BriddaBella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am always on the look for the right body scrub and since I heard of so many good things about this Soap and Glory scrub I bought it and to be honest it's not that great.
I didn't really see much of a difference when it comes to my skin.
I think it's cheaper to just make your own scrub using brown sugar, olive oil and honey.

I won't buy this again.