April 24, 2014 | 975 users online

Scrubs - Soap and Glory - Flake Away Spa Body Polish

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2014 11:40:00 AM More reviews by gemgem22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This scrub is pretty decent, being a relatively abrasive salt scrub that does a great job of smoothing out any dry, flaky bits or scaly limbs. It's a little oily, and does leave a very slight layer on your skin but not in an uncomfortable, greasy way - some oil-based scrubs leave a horrible slippery film behind meaning having to use shower gel afterwards to degrease - not cool! This doesn't do that but you can feel it slightly on the skin after rinsing, but for me it's more of a moisturising glow than an oily film, and it doesn't leave you too greasy that you can't use lotion after. Indeed, if you use The Righteous Butter from the same range afterwards your neighbours will probably smell you through the walls! It's VERY perfumed, with same scent as the other products in the 'Original Pink' range, and Flake Away is, to me anyway, the most strongly scented. I have quite reactive skin but this doesn't cause any undue sensitivity despite the strong fragrance and saltiness - though don't use it on any cuts or scratches as that salt will STING! Price is reasonable (in the UK at least, currently 8) as the larger tub probably lasts a while - I used the travel-size to try it out but may well buy the full-size tub in the future.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2014 9:56:00 PM More reviews by aquarianrabbit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a so-so salt body scrub. I like salt scrubs because they help detoxify and tone your skin. In fact, I used to make a lot of my own salt scrubs when I was broke and I really enjoyed them. Now that I have some money and next to no down time, I thought I'd indulge with this fairly inexpensive scrub from sephora. The thing I like most about this scrub is the scent. I can barely describe it, maybe a musky, sweet floral? You'll have to smell it yourself.

Anyway, I do love the smell, but the actual scrub is a bit lacking since it gets rather melty in the shower. Obviously salt dissolves in water, which is why they suspended the salt in oil, but I find that it starts to melt too soon. I'll get in the shower, get wet, then grab the scrub to slather myself in and it's already a bit sloppy. Once you get the mixture on your skin, though, you don't have to scrub too vigorously since it is decently coarse. After a few minutes the salt will melt and you're left with the oil, which doesn't quite rinse off. If you like being a bit oily, then you'll like this scrub, but I find it to be a little too oily for my liking. I'd prefer something that rinsed just a tad cleaner. Also, keep in mind that salt in any cut or wound is going to sting like a bitch. Be careful with your nipples!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2014 2:07:00 AM More reviews by bfish14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Once again, I got suckered in to buying S&G because of the cute packaging! I think most S&G products have a weird scent that I find hard to describe - kind of chemical but it's light so it's not really unpleasant but definitely not pleasant either. I was very excited to give this product a try because I heard great things. I used it on my legs to exfoliate my dry winter skin. It felt a little harsh as I rubbed it on my legs but I didn't think much of it but as I began washing it off - my legs started burning horribly. I got off as much as product as I could, patted dry, and saw that I had painful red bumps all over. Obviously I had a bad allergic reaction that isn't necessarily characteristic of this product - but sensitive skinned people beware! Test this product on a small area prior to regular use (good general rule to follow anyway) just to be sure you won't had a bad reaction.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2014 5:02:00 PM More reviews by BriddaBella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am always on the look for the right body scrub and since I heard of so many good things about this Soap and Glory scrub I bought it and to be honest it's not that great.
I didn't really see much of a difference when it comes to my skin.
I think it's cheaper to just make your own scrub using brown sugar, olive oil and honey.

I won't buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2013 9:57:00 PM More reviews by jmac1107

I am already on my fourth container of this (I have been using it for forever). The smell is very overpowering but I LOVE IT. It is very grainy which is great at removing all dead skin but is also very moisturizing. If S&G ever decided to discontinue this product I would definitely stock up thats how much I love it

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2013 7:06:00 AM More reviews by Miloshy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

BEST FACE SCRUB EVER!!! I've tried this on my body and the results were kinda disappointing...I think it's too gentle for my body skin, even though it's dry...so I said why not try it on my face? BUT first I checked the ingredients and so I concluded it's absolutely acne-prone skin friendly! there are no comedogenic ingredients, so I used it on my face and I fell in LOVE with it! my skin felt so soft (due to the high amount of glycerin in it), supple and clean...and u get 300 gr for a ridicolous price, so it's a pretty great value for a face scrub! definitely gonna keep repurchasing it and use it only for my face...I'm not gonna repurchase expensive face scrubs ever again! the packaging is so cute..also there's written the PAO is of 24 months so u've got enough time to use it up before it expires, that also means it's kinda resistant to bacteries! amazing product, big amount for a small price! <3 THANK YOU SOAP & GLORY!

UPDATE: I keep using it once a week, no break outs! :)))

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2013 11:40:00 AM More reviews by MeeMee55

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

actually i use this product to exfoliate my hands . it keep them very soft and smooth.
i dont use it on my body cause i feel it contains perfume .

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2013 2:59:00 AM More reviews by annateigen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my all-time favourite body scrub. I generally LOVE soap and glory, and almost all of their products. This scrub smells like heaven, but the smell can be a bit too much for some people. My skin feels very soft after I've used it, and it does not (in my opinion) cost you alot of money. I will keep buying this until they stop making it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2013 7:31:00 PM More reviews by marshiemallow14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The scrub is coarse, and feels great on the skin, did a good job from what I could tell. The smell is VERY strong, and can be overpowering. I really enjoy this paired with the Righteous Butter after because it leaves me feeling very smooth.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by Chinpanzee

Overall, I really do love this stuff. The ingredients it's formulated with are great and it gets the job done. I like how course it is because a lot of body scrubs I've used in the past are pathetically fine texture wise. I like the grain and consistency of this scrub. However, the smell is over powering. It is generally a nice smell but it's too strong! Phew! however, that is a minor complaint so I would buy this again. plus it lasts you such a long time! I've had it for about 1.5 years and I've only used 1/3 of it!