Essie Angora Cardi

4.2

on 12/28/2014 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This color chips quickly on me. It only lasts one or two days. However, the color is still one of my go-to's because it works beautifully with a Soft Summer palette.

on 12/20/2014 2:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a beautiful deep rose color that leans more dusty purple. It's darker on the nail than in the bottle, so be aware. This isn't a unique color by any means, but it's very classy.

Opaque in two coats and is very modern and grown up.

on 10/27/2014 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a gorgeous fall color. It's a dark muted purplish-wine color that applies beautifully. I usually avoid darker shades because I'm a sloppy nail painter and lazy about touching up chips. However, this looks really pretty and was worth the extra effort!

on 11/13/2013 12:02:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This color dried so much darker on my nails than it appears in the bottle. It appears like a neutral-cool dusty mauve-rose, but dries a very dusty deep brown mauve. I was hoping for a good fall neutral color, but this looks too brown and dark on my nails to be a good neutral for my skin tone. The more I get into make up and beauty, the picker I am about finding flattering colors. This did not fit the bill for me.

As far as formulas go, this is very good. A nice cream formula from Essie, did not chip on me quickly. Wore well.

on 1/21/2013 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Believe it or not, I bought this trying to find a higher quality dupe of the discount brand Pure Ice's color Rumors. I absolutely adore that color but the quality is such that it chips within hours on my fingers so it remains a toe polish. This color ends up being a quite a bit darker and more purple than Rumors. While it is not the color I wanted, it is a gorgeous color in its own right. The application was smooth, what I've come to expect with Essie polishes; it's definitely a great fall/winter color.

on 12/14/2012 1:07:00 AM

Essie Angora Cardi applied very easily, streak free and not too watery. I'm in the minority that I didn't find it brown enough. On me it's just a pure purple plum, it's a pretty plum but I'm not so into purple. One coat gave enough coverage and had more red in it and the second coat changed the look to make it much darker looking and more purple. If that second coat goes on too thick I could see why people were getting darker results than the color in the bottle. I think a light hand works better with this polish, two thin coats to match the color in the bottle. If I were a purple lover I'd keep this but alas I'm just not such a purple fan. I'm going to give this to my friend who gets pedis with this shade. After finishing this manicure I wished I could just start over again with either something way darker like Wicked or way lighter, I'm just not into a medium dark color, I'm more into extremes with the exception of Glamour Purse, the perfect medium taupe.

on 8/13/2012 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

When I bought this I instantly regretted it. I was having a hard time deciding between this color and essie's "in stitches". Once I left the store, I really wished I would have bought in stitches. I decided to give it a try anyways... I painted my nails when I got home and I instantly fell in love! It's the most interesting color and the formula is perfect. One coat is almost perfectly opaque and not streaky at all. I really like this color and can't wait to wear it in the fall!!

on 7/21/2012 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love Angora Cardi by essie. The color is deeper, dusty, magenta rose (of which I have one right now in a bud vase, for inspiration.) Does not streak at all and one coat is opaque with high shine, and better still with OPI Top Coat. Wearable with a all skin tones (I am fair). Essie brilliance!

on 6/19/2012 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really want to like this nail polish. I have tried over and over again to apply it, but always wind up taking it off because the application is so terrible. The first coat is streaky and very uneven, and the second coat is too dark and messy looking. I love Essie polishes but this polish is a major disappointment.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Reviewer before me described the color of this polish. It is a dusty berry/purple/mauve/brown color!!! I personally love wearing dark colors, no matter what season it may be. Essie's polishes are usually a hit or miss but this color is on it!! Only thing negative I would have to say is that this formula was a bit thick/goopy for me. Not sure If I got a bad bottle but I just take my time on applying my nails with this particular color. Def would repurchase!!!!

Top Rated Essie Products