December 19, 2014 | 1576 users online

Blush - TheBalm - Cabana Boy

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2014 2:36:00 PM More reviews by jasiah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love Cabana Boy. It's a nice mauve color. It lasts for about 6-7 hours. There's a lot of product in the packaging. I love their packaging. I love it for fall & winter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2014 6:40:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I never thought I could wear a "plum-toned" blush, but this is absolutely gorgeous. Unlike most plum-toned blushes, this is very warm, and the gold undertones give this an "outdoorsy flush" kick. A little goes a long way. Puts other blushes to shame!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2014 11:19:00 PM More reviews by muzikmk18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a beautiful plum/berry type of blush with shimmer and it looks amazing on the skin. I was initially wary of the amount of shimmer in this product but it doesn't appear overly shimmery or glittery looking when applied. It gives a radiant, healthy type of look to the face and I'm quite impressed with the staying power. I've noticed with some more shimmery blushes that once they fade, they have a tendency to leave more shimmer than colour behind but this is not the case for this product.

The pigmentation on this product is no joke (as with almost all of TheBalm products) so use sparingly. Also, the packaging on TheBalm products are very quirky and different from any other brands I've tried. I have to give props to how sleek and compact the product is even with the little mirror inside (ahem I'm looking at you Physicians Formula), and the fact that it contains quite a bit more product than your traditional powder blush (8.5 grams) is awesome. It is a bit hard to get ahold of TheBalm products in Canada but they do sell them online or at Rexall.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 8:25:00 PM More reviews by noell

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE this blush.
First - the 4/5 rating: $21.00 is pricey. What justified the price to me was the amount you get - 0.3 oz. is a lot of product (compared to, say, Nars blush, which is $30.00 for .16 oz.. I know.).
The product itself is fantastic - it may be more pigmented than any blush I've used before. The texture is lovely, and I can see this color working for just about any skin tone.
Warning: I'm about as fair as they come, and when I used it for the first time, I didn't quite get exactly HOW pigmented it is. I put on way too much. I'm using it sparingly now (I dip the corner of my blush brush into the product, then tap off the excess), so I think it's going to last for a very long time.
Now I'm curious to know how well Frat Boy and Down Boy stand up against Cabana Boy. I've been using Cabana Boy since June, and I couldn't recommend it more!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2014 4:31:00 AM More reviews by ad0

This is a beautiful product.

Nice shimmery, pinky red colour. I've tried it on myself [I have fair skin] and a few of my friends [who are a lot darker than me] have used it as well and the colours goes well with many skin tones.

It stays on all day so you don't need to touch up, unless you rub your face throughout the day, then that's a different story.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2014 11:43:00 PM More reviews by lozzie88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great matte berry toned blush that I love to wear in the cooler months, it wears well and is really pigmented. I originally thought it looked too dark in the pan for my skin (NW20 in mac) but it's really not when you apply with a light hand

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2014 11:57:00 AM More reviews by Christac3698

What a fantastic blush for amping up your look!!!! Very beautiful pinkish/red and very pigmented. A little goes a long way, which leads me to believe that I will have this blush for a very long time.

I think that this is for a more dramatic (less everyday) look; however, with a very light hand, you could wear this as your daily blush. TheBalm and Benefit always have super cute packaging which I like; however, I did not give 5 lippies for that because I feel like it is super unprotected.

I think that in your home makeup collection (if organized) this could hold up fine. Traveling and/or an unorganized array of blushes, I could see this getting hurt. Overall, love the blush and the color payoff it provides....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2014 3:50:00 PM More reviews by anastacy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a fantastic blush. I was researching TheBalm blushes for a while and I was least interested in this one. It looked drab and often described as "plummy" which sounded so stiff and matronly. But based on my NC45 skin tone this would be the most practical choice and I'm super glad I did.

Yes it is plummy/mauvey but its sheer so it does not look dreadful on application. The shade has a nude tone to it. It reminds me of Milani's "Terra sole" Baked Blush but Cabana Boy has a satin finish. There is no sheen but there is a glow or luminous finish upon application which gives the skin a more fresh and youthful look. I find it had to over do this blush because its buildable without looking cakey. It is also not as powdery as many of TheBalm's powder products (e/s and other blushes e.g Frat Boy). Its also very long wearing (more so than the "Instain" blushes IMO), I live in hot humid weather and this stays on all day and night.

The packaging has an old school retro design which is cute and the amount of product packaged is insane. Its more than a MAC blush I believe.

So no fear ladies, plummy blushes can look youthful and fresh - Cabana Boy proved that.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2014 3:19:00 PM More reviews by daphneegreengrass

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

theBalm cutesy packaging is something you love or you hate. I personally hate Benefit's tries-to-be-funny-and-girly packaging which feels gimmicky and useless, especially given Benefit's prices and the overall so-so quality of some of their products but I adore theBalm's.
This blush is definitely a statement colour if you have fair skin (which I do) but I absolutely love it. I apply it with the lightest of hands with my Real Techniques Blush Brush or with a stipple brush and it gives me this gorgeous Snow White flush. With red lipstick, it looks amazing. I have NW10 skin with pink undertones and I can pull it off. The pigmentation, as usual with theBalm blushes crazy and it stays on my cheeks all day. There is the tiniest bit of gold shimmer that you can see on the pan, but it only makes your cheeks glow very subtly so don't fear of crappy glitter ruining the effect of the blush! I definitely recommend this blush, don't be afraid to wear it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 6:53:00 PM More reviews by arsh86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this blush! It's perfect for my south Asian skin when I don't want pinks or peaches. plus it's so pigmented like the most pigmented blush I ever had. I find it more pigmented then Nars. Also the texture is so smooth. I wish the packaging was a bit sturdy. It's cute but not sturdy