November 22, 2014 | 1699 users online

Hair Treatments - Shu Uemura - Essence Absolue

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2014 4:48:00 PM More reviews by sofietherese

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Gorgeous product!!!

I have fine & flimsy Scandinavian hair and wearing bangs/fringe involves lots of products and procedures to make it somewhat straight. My goal is to have shiny and straight bangs so I've gone through most products and several hair stylist advice to achieve this. Results has varied, mostly it's been too much heat, oil and hairspray. Not anymore.

This hair product works wonders!! I am 1 week into using it daily and so far my bangs could compete with the weight and shiny look of Katie Holmes bangs. I am so happy I listened to the good reviews and spent the extra money on this product. My bangs has never looked better! And it works just as great on my lengths too.

The only downside is the packaging. The plastic bottle and the quality of the pump doesn't feel in proportion to the price paid. Feels as flimsy as my bangs (before this product). But that won't stop me from using it and buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2014 1:47:00 PM More reviews by Glvsmkp2002

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LOVE. LOVE. LOVE!

I got a sample of this hair oil at my salon and used up the little bottle after two hair washings. I was impressed enough to think about buying it but when I looked up the price online I was staggered. $69 for a bottle! I couldn't do it at first.

But my hair was out of control since I made the decision not to color it but to let it go gray. As any of you ladies know who decide to go this route, the texture of your hair also changes, and for me the transition was increasingly unhappy. I've always loved my hair, considering it one of my best features (it is smooth thick Asian hair with a bit of wave to it) but for the first time in my life I hated it. I even considered getting a keratin treatment to get it under control but the time, expense, and chemicals involved in doing this put me off. I remembered how my hair had actually behaved well when I used this oil and decided what the heck. I could always return the bottle.

That was over a year ago. I bought the bottle in JULY and I just finished it a few days ago. It lasted me over a year, and during that time my hair has become manageable again! Furthermore I get compliments all the time on my gray streaks (latest one from a new stylist, who told me she loved my hair and I should definitely NOT color it)! I wash my hair twice a week and use two pumps each time. I prep my wet hair first with two pumps of label m smoothing cream, work it into my hair, then two pumps of this oil. Blow dry and it's sleek, gorgeous, tamed!

The oil is light and smells marvelous--as other reviewers have said, it feels luxurious. It doesn't sit heavily on my hair, but I use it most on my ends, although I work it throughout my head. I also find it works best AFTER my smoothing cream, as the last thing I put in my hair before blow drying. I experimented with using it before my smoothing cream and it didn't work nearly as well.

Yes, it's expensive initially, but the bottle lasted me for over a year, a year in which I didn't end up paying over $300 for a keratin treatment every six months or for that matter going back to coloring my hair (easily over $150 every six weeks)!

As we've learned thanks to MUA (love this community!) you don't have to spend a lot on makeup unless you want to. You can get amazing mascara, eyeshadow, lipstick, powder, even brushes that perform as well as the high-end brands. Save your money on all that stuff and spend on what's really worth it--for me, that's cc cream, brushes and this oil! If I could give it ten lippies I would!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2014 2:54:00 PM More reviews by pink_jasmine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this product! I use it after blow drying and before flat ironing. It leaves my hair so smooth and shiny. I feel like my hair has been healthier since I started using it. It's more nourishing that other typical silicone-based serums. I feel like this has more of an oil base to it. I'm not a huge fan of the scent though- I feel like it smells like sunscreen/tanning lotion, but it fades.

I am also not a fan of the packaging and think it could use some improvements in design and function. One day I put the product back in my vanity drawer and when I came home I realized that the top had came unlocked and somehow most of my nearly brand new bottle had leaked out into my drawer! I wish that there was a secure cap to cover the pump on top or that the locking mechanism was stronger. Caution- be extra careful with your bottle, as it is expensive!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2014 8:19:00 AM More reviews by Lukascore

I have dry hair and used this on the ends, it made my hair soft and shiny and smelt lovely! Definitely worth it :)
However, I just wanna know how everyone uses it, I put it on just before hair drying, what do you guys do?

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2014 5:10:00 AM More reviews by annemarieke

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a good lightweight oil. It is expensive but the bottle is huge. For me it will last for up to a year. This is the first oil I can use on dry hair as well as on wet hair.. My hair just absorbs it, no greasy locks. I really like this oil but it's not HG, I haven't found the perfect oil yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 2:50:00 AM More reviews by amyjeane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This oil is a absolute must have! My hair length is almost to my waist & ONE pump is all I need.
I have been trying out many products & they either weigh my hair down or too greasy.
This is light weight & it smells so nice.
It is very expensive but it can last pretty long for me.
I love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2013 4:56:00 AM More reviews by RudolphGrizzly

An excellent quality hair oil. It smells lovely and is very lightweight. It also adds softness and shine. Unfortunately, it is too light for my dry and parched hair. I have to use probably 10 times the amount that many other people likely do to get any results. It did add some softness and shine, but it didn't do much to quench the dryness or help with frizz.

I probably would have fallen in love with it if I had fine hair that's easily weighed down or else virgin hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2013 11:14:00 AM More reviews by Nosage

This huge bottle will last a very long time, especially as I don't think I will be using it much. Was expecting great things but I am not that impressed. My hair felt artificially silky but dry at the same time. I am guilty of over using product but did not in this case. My naturally fair hair looked a shade darker which is a sure sign that it is too rich for my hair. I will keep trying in the hope that it suddenly redeems itself. EDIT - upgraded to 5*. I now use on dry hair, mid to end after straightening. Used sparingly, this is great. Bottle will last a long time. Perhaps they should make a smaller bottle and reduce the price accordingly.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2013 4:41:00 AM More reviews by missemd

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is by far the best oil treatment I have ever used and I have used them all - Moroccan Oil, Kerastase Elixir Ultime, Kerastase Fibre Architecte, Joico K-Pak Restorative Styling Oil, Paul Brown Hapuna Argan Oil, Biosilk Silk Therapy, Garnier Sleek and Shine and the list goes on.

I have very fine, wavy, slightly dry shoulder length hair that I abuse daily by blow drying, straightening and sometimes curling with a curling wand.

After using this product never has my hair felt so soft.
Never has my hair smelt so nice - it has a soft floral scent like high end cosmetics.
Never has my hair had no frizzies after styling - unless I have come straight from my hairdresser.
This oil somehow makes all the strands of my hair all separate and I feel like I have more hair.
It's just so shiny and well behaved that I can't believe that I styled it!

Yes this is crazy expensive!
I paid $65 for 150ml for it here at Rakis Hair in Melbourne - but I think it is totally worth it for the results that you get as you really only need to use the smallest pump.

I apply one pump onto my towel dried hair and run it through my hair with my fingers and then comb through my hair so it's evenly spread - and then I blow wave my hair.
So far I have not needed to apply any other type of styling product with this other than hair spray at the end.

As long as I can afford it - I will never buy anything else - it's that good!

P.S - I liked this oil so much that today I splashed out $96 and purchased the Shu Uemura Moroto Volume Shampoo and Conditioner to go with it - so I will review those shortly.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by parisbyrum19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do plan on buying this again, when i have the balls to folk out 40 for it! it's a great oil, i usually use this and kerastase elixir ultime (not together) but i find this work's totally different to elixir ultime, its alot more lightweight and i find work's better on dry hair, as apposed to elixir ultime working better on damp hair. it gives outstanding shine, and keeps frizz at bay, very good for humid weather! overall i would say this oil is worth 40 as no matter how much you use on your hair it will never leave it looking greasy or limp.