August 29, 2014 | 1021 users online

Hair Treatments - Shu Uemura - Essence Absolue

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2014 2:54:00 PM More reviews by pink_jasmine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this product! I use it after blow drying and before flat ironing. It leaves my hair so smooth and shiny. I feel like my hair has been healthier since I started using it. It's more nourishing that a typical silicone-based serum. I feel like this has more of an oil base to it. I'm not a huge fan of the scent though- I feel like it smells like sunscreen/tanning lotion.

I am also not a fan of the packaging and think it could use some improvements. One day I put the product back in my vanity drawer and when I came home I realized that the top had came loose and most of my nearly brand new bottle had leaked out into my drawer! I wish that there was a secure cap to cover the pump on top. Caution- be extra careful with this as it is expensive!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2014 8:19:00 AM More reviews by Lukascore

I have dry hair and used this on the ends, it made my hair soft and shiny and smelt lovely! Definitely worth it :)
However, I just wanna know how everyone uses it, I put it on just before hair drying, what do you guys do?

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2014 5:10:00 AM More reviews by annemarieke

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a good lightweight oil. It is expensive but the bottle is huge. For me it will last for up to a year. This is the first oil I can use on dry hair as well as on wet hair.. My hair just absorbs it, no greasy locks. I really like this oil but it's not HG, I haven't found the perfect oil yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 2:50:00 AM More reviews by amyjeane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This oil is a absolute must have! My hair length is almost to my waist & ONE pump is all I need.
I have been trying out many products & they either weigh my hair down or too greasy.
This is light weight & it smells so nice.
It is very expensive but it can last pretty long for me.
I love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2013 4:56:00 AM More reviews by RudolphGrizzly

An excellent quality hair oil. It smells lovely and is very lightweight. It also adds softness and shine. Unfortunately, it is too light for my dry and parched hair. I have to use probably 10 times the amount that many other people likely do to get any results. It did add some softness and shine, but it didn't do much to quench the dryness or help with frizz.

I probably would have fallen in love with it if I had fine hair that's easily weighed down or else virgin hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2013 11:14:00 AM More reviews by Nosage

This huge bottle will last a very long time, especially as I don't think I will be using it much. Was expecting great things but I am not that impressed. My hair felt artificially silky but dry at the same time. I am guilty of over using product but did not in this case. My naturally fair hair looked a shade darker which is a sure sign that it is too rich for my hair. I will keep trying in the hope that it suddenly redeems itself. EDIT - upgraded to 5*. I now use on dry hair, mid to end after straightening. Used sparingly, this is great. Bottle will last a long time. Perhaps they should make a smaller bottle and reduce the price accordingly.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2013 4:41:00 AM More reviews by missemd

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is by far the best oil treatment I have ever used and I have used them all - Moroccan Oil, Kerastase Elixir Ultime, Kerastase Fibre Architecte, Joico K-Pak Restorative Styling Oil, Paul Brown Hapuna Argan Oil, Biosilk Silk Therapy, Garnier Sleek and Shine and the list goes on.

I have very fine, wavy, slightly dry shoulder length hair that I abuse daily by blow drying, straightening and sometimes curling with a curling wand.

After using this product never has my hair felt so soft.
Never has my hair smelt so nice - it has a soft floral scent like high end cosmetics.
Never has my hair had no frizzies after styling - unless I have come straight from my hairdresser.
This oil somehow makes all the strands of my hair all separate and I feel like I have more hair.
It's just so shiny and well behaved that I can't believe that I styled it!

Yes this is crazy expensive!
I paid $65 for 150ml for it here at Rakis Hair in Melbourne - but I think it is totally worth it for the results that you get as you really only need to use the smallest pump.

I apply one pump onto my towel dried hair and run it through my hair with my fingers and then comb through my hair so it's evenly spread - and then I blow wave my hair.
So far I have not needed to apply any other type of styling product with this other than hair spray at the end.

As long as I can afford it - I will never buy anything else - it's that good!

P.S - I liked this oil so much that today I splashed out $96 and purchased the Shu Uemura Moroto Volume Shampoo and Conditioner to go with it - so I will review those shortly.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by parisbyrum19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do plan on buying this again, when i have the balls to folk out 40 for it! it's a great oil, i usually use this and kerastase elixir ultime (not together) but i find this work's totally different to elixir ultime, its alot more lightweight and i find work's better on dry hair, as apposed to elixir ultime working better on damp hair. it gives outstanding shine, and keeps frizz at bay, very good for humid weather! overall i would say this oil is worth 40 as no matter how much you use on your hair it will never leave it looking greasy or limp.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by eky1

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had been using moroccanoil and seriously didn't get the hype about it. It did nothing for my hair. When I asked the SA at Shu to recommend one thing from the hair section he said to get the Essence Absolu. I honestly cannot say how great my hair looks since using this. I have fine long frizz prone hair that is easily weighed down and can look greasy with even a little product. This stuff banishes frizz, doesn't weigh hair down, smells light and a little goes a long way! I only use this pre blowdrying and a little after on the ends. Very pricey but so worth it. Transformed my hair into glossy bouncy smooth tresses. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2012 2:57:00 PM More reviews by wickedcoolmama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love this protective hair oil! it gives my hair an incredibly healthy shine and make it feel so silky soft and it tames frizzy hair. it has a fresh scent that is not over powering and i love how this serum is not oily. i use it on damp hair and it works great as a heat protector too. i used to use josie maran argan oil on my hair prior to purchasing this and i can tell the difference since this is sprecially made for hair...it performs as it describes! little goes a long way so this bottle will last me a while. i am happy with this splurge.