Shu Uemura Essence Absolue

4.3

cyclopentsiloxane, dimethiconol, camellia kissi/camellia kissi seed oil, ethylhexylmethoxycinnamate, butylphenyl methylpropional, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, parfum/fragrance.

on 5/6/2015 7:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

In Denmark this is not more expensive than the Moroccanoil. I love the Moroccanoil but couldn't resist trying this aswell after all the good reviews. This is very different from the Moroccanoil, so I can actually use both. This is even more a serum than the Moroccanoil, It's actually more a treatment, it softens the hair incredible, were as the Moroccanoil takes away more frizziness. The shu uemura oil leaves even less oil, and as Said just leave sofness. Will definatly recommend this product to everybody that suffers from dry and brittle hair.

on 4/2/2015 10:10:00 AM

Very expensive for a product that provides no results. I have very dry bleached blonde hair and did not see any benefits to using this product. It smells nice though.

on 11/19/2014 4:48:00 PM

Gorgeous product!!!

I have fine & flimsy Scandinavian hair and wearing bangs/fringe involves lots of products and procedures to make it somewhat straight. My goal is to have shiny and straight bangs so I've gone through most products and several hair stylist advice to achieve this. Results has varied, mostly it's been too much heat, oil and hairspray. Not anymore.

This hair product works wonders!! I am 1 week into using it daily and so far my bangs could compete with the weight and shiny look of Katie Holmes bangs. I am so happy I listened to the good reviews and spent the extra money on this product. My bangs has never looked better! And it works just as great on my lengths too.

The only downside is the packaging. The plastic bottle and the quality of the pump doesn't feel in proportion to the price paid. Feels as flimsy as my bangs (before this product). But that won't stop me from using it and buying it again.

on 9/28/2014 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

LOVE. LOVE. LOVE!

I got a sample of this hair oil at my salon and used up the little bottle after two hair washings. I was impressed enough to think about buying it but when I looked up the price online I was staggered. $69 for a bottle! I couldn't do it at first.

But my hair was out of control since I made the decision not to color it but to let it go gray. As any of you ladies know who decide to go this route, the texture of your hair also changes, and for me the transition was increasingly unhappy. I've always loved my hair, considering it one of my best features (it is smooth thick Asian hair with a bit of wave to it) but for the first time in my life I hated it. I even considered getting a keratin treatment to get it under control but the time, expense, and chemicals involved in doing this put me off. I remembered how my hair had actually behaved well when I used this oil and decided what the heck. I could always return the bottle.

That was over a year ago. I bought the bottle in JULY and I just finished it a few days ago. It lasted me over a year, and during that time my hair has become manageable again! Furthermore I get compliments all the time on my gray streaks (latest one from a new stylist, who told me she loved my hair and I should definitely NOT color it)! I wash my hair twice a week and use two pumps each time. I prep my wet hair first with two pumps of label m smoothing cream, work it into my hair, then two pumps of this oil. Blow dry and it's sleek, gorgeous, tamed!

The oil is light and smells marvelous--as other reviewers have said, it feels luxurious. It doesn't sit heavily on my hair, but I use it most on my ends, although I work it throughout my head. I also find it works best AFTER my smoothing cream, as the last thing I put in my hair before blow drying. I experimented with using it before my smoothing cream and it didn't work nearly as well.

Yes, it's expensive initially, but the bottle lasted me for over a year, a year in which I didn't end up paying over $300 for a keratin treatment every six months or for that matter going back to coloring my hair (easily over $150 every six weeks)!

As we've learned thanks to MUA (love this community!) you don't have to spend a lot on makeup unless you want to. You can get amazing mascara, eyeshadow, lipstick, powder, even brushes that perform as well as the high-end brands. Save your money on all that stuff and spend on what's really worth it--for me, that's cc cream, brushes and this oil! If I could give it ten lippies I would!!!

on 8/25/2014 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

This is one of the best oil serums out there. It can be used on wet hair before blow drying, on dry hair before heat styling, or as a pre-shampoo treatment. It works great no matter how use it. It leaves my hair very smooth and shiny. I feel like my hair has been healthier since I started using it. It's more nourishing and moisturizing than other typical silicone-based serums, yet very light, not greasy or heavy. I have found that because it is so light, it's not the best heat protectant. If you are in need of heat protection, I would recommend either mixing it with another serum that has a higher silicone content or using and additional layer of a heat protectant product. It has a very subtle sweet floral scent that doesn't linger. I am not a huge fan of the packaging though. The pump is annoying because if it is not locked or comes unlocked, it will leak if you put it in a drawer or gym bag. Be careful!

on 5/31/2014 8:19:00 AM

I have dry hair and used this on the ends, it made my hair soft and shiny and smelt lovely! Definitely worth it :)
However, I just wanna know how everyone uses it, I put it on just before hair drying, what do you guys do?

on 5/5/2014 5:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a good lightweight oil. It is expensive but the bottle is huge. For me it will last for up to a year. This is the first oil I can use on dry hair as well as on wet hair.. My hair just absorbs it, no greasy locks. I really like this oil but it's not HG, I haven't found the perfect oil yet.

on 1/8/2014 2:50:00 AM

This oil is a absolute must have! My hair length is almost to my waist & ONE pump is all I need.
I have been trying out many products & they either weigh my hair down or too greasy.
This is light weight & it smells so nice.
It is very expensive but it can last pretty long for me.
I love it!

An excellent quality hair oil. It smells lovely and is very lightweight. It also adds softness and shine. Unfortunately, it is too light for my dry and parched hair. I have to use probably 10 times the amount that many other people likely do to get any results. It did add some softness and shine, but it didn't do much to quench the dryness or help with frizz.

I probably would have fallen in love with it if I had fine hair that's easily weighed down or else virgin hair.

on 6/28/2013 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This huge bottle will last a very long time, especially as I don't think I will be using it much. Was expecting great things but I am not that impressed. My hair felt artificially silky but dry at the same time. I am guilty of over using product but did not in this case. My naturally fair hair looked a shade darker which is a sure sign that it is too rich for my hair. I will keep trying in the hope that it suddenly redeems itself. EDIT - upgraded to 5*. I now use on dry hair, mid to end after straightening. Used sparingly, this is great. Bottle will last a long time. Perhaps they should make a smaller bottle and reduce the price accordingly.

Top Rated Shu Uemura Products