Grapeseed Oil

4.3

grapeseed oil!

on 4/25/2015 2:35:00 PM

I bought this to use as a facial moisturizer. My skin is extremely oily so I jumped on the "use oil for oily skin" bandwagon for a while. I didn't like it. While it seemed to moisturize my skin effectively, it still left a greasy feeling no matter how little I used and I'm not down with that. Don't really like to stick to my pillowcase when I'm sleeping. So now, to use it up, I use it to remove my eye makeup and it works brilliantly for that. The makeup melts off. But sadly, I will not repurchase when I use it up. And that will be a while since I have 2 bottles of it. If you're interested at all, Puritan's Pride has GREAT DEALS on their website all the time. Like buy one, get 2 free and things like that. So I have this oil and sweet almond oil that I use on my hair. That also works great. So there you go.

I have used NOW grapeseed oil for one whole year with great success. I don't use castor oil for OCM; instead, I just use my oil. With a face full of makeup, I put it all over and then rinse with a washcloth. Then I follow with a apple cider vinegar toner (1/4 ACV, 3/4 water) and moisturize with aloe vera and a few drops of oil. My acne scars have diminished and I feel good about using natural products! :D

on 3/14/2015 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Grape seed oil = OCM

This stuff is/was amazing. After about 1 month of using it (only at night, I just rinsed my face in the morning) all my acne on my forehead was gone, and the rest was pretty close to it. About 3 months in, my skin looked the best it has in idk? FOREVER lets say.... but here's where it went wrong

clogged
pores
EVERYWHERE

I've only ever had them around my nose like most people. Now, whereever the acne stopped coming back (forehead, chin, sides of face, even my neck!), a nasty blackhead (clogged pore same thing?) replaced it. I would spend hours trying to get rid of them but that just left me with red bumps and broken skin. I switched to hemp, which didn't clog pores like it promised, but it didn't do any good for my acne ):

I think everyone should at least try grapeseed out... I believe its the most effective thing to use for OCM with that one downside. It did help calm my face A LOT, I must give it that, and maybe is the reason why what I'm doing now is better than okay. I will do it every once in a while as it really help evens out my skin tone and make it softer. KEY PHRASE: EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE

hope that helped

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I bought Now Food's grape seed oil and have been using this product over a month now. I use this as a moisturiser. I have combination/light acne skin and using this product has cleared out my pimples except the occasional monthly hormonal pimples.

The glow on my skin has gotten more radiant. When I use this under my foundation, I have this dewy look that I absolutely love.

However, towards the end of the day, my skin does get a bit oily but that's probably due to my skin type and the fact that I live in South East Asia where it's hot and humid. I'm not a huge fan of the smell so I'm going to buy a couple of essential oils to add in to counteract the smell. is needed for my entire face.

Overall, I love it. It absorbs very well but keep in mind, a tiny amount of product is needed.

I also apply a very minute amount to the end of my hair to keep the fizziness at bay and it works better than anything I've ever used in my life. Going to use this as a hot oil treatment as well. I love how versatile this oil is.

on 12/6/2014 9:35:00 PM

I love this oil. I use this oil to cleanse my skin after washing off makeup, and afterwards use a little bit to moisturize with a little bit of castor oil on my acne scars. This oil has a comedogenic rating of 2, which means it will not clog your pores. It also helps with oily AND dry skin, it helps balance the natural oils produced on the skin. my acne is clearing up and my skin feels smooth as a baby's bottom. I would and have recommended this to my friends.

on 12/1/2014 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Edit: I still really like grapeseed oil & I would recommend it to oily gals everywhere. However I have moved onto mineral oil (strictly for mu removal) and Jojoba oil has taken its place as HG status in my beauty cabinet.

Original review:

Grapeseed oil removes my make up better than any high end make up remover on the market. I was gladly spending up to $20 a month on make up remover from Sephora until I found the oil cleansing method. I wear matte, full coverage, long-lasting make up daily & this is always able to get off every trace of it at night.

For what it's worth - I've tried almost all of the other cleansing oils out there. They all seem to equally remove make up. The reason I choose grapeseed oil as my holy grail is due to the fact it has one of the lightest consistencies. Olive oil was decent, but it was so thick that it felt gross to apply it to my face. Additionally, grapeseed oil has astringent properties. This means it is suited for my oily, acne prone skin.

If you find you are breaking out after using the oil cleansing method - don't worry, you're not alone. Sometimes this means you're using the wrong oil, and sometimes this just means that your skin doesn't tolerate oil. I know for a fact the cause of my acne is due to oil clogging my pores. The solution here is to follow up after oil cleansing with a real (soap) cleanser, or a micellar (cleansing) water.

Last but not least - I bought a big bottle of this for $3 and it has lasted me over 6 MONTHS. I wish I found grapeseed oil earlier instead of wasting so much money on ineffective high end products.

on 11/23/2014 4:22:00 PM

Will just be using this on my body as well as to remove eye makeup. I also heard it works well for wrinkles & dark under eye circles. I feel like I got some acne bumps due to this. Sometimes the less I use on my face, the better! Keep skin care simple!

on 11/15/2014 6:12:00 AM

I've used grape seed oil for different purposes so thought I'd give a review on all: In short, it's amazing for cooking, great for the body, really individual whether it works as a face treatment.

BODY
I used grape seed oil as a body moisturiser all summer last year, massaging it in straight after showering and it is amazing. Locks in moisture but doesn't feel too thick, and even seems to improve skin tone (although that could just be the amazing glow it gives your legs).
It does leave an oily surface however and while that's great for bare leg days (great healthy sheen stays all day), the oil leaves a smell on clothing over time, and that's the only reason I've given it up. It doesn't matter how many times I have washed the loungewear and tops and leggings I wore when using grape seed oil but the faint smell is there. It seems even clothes that are kept in the same drawer have caught the smell - it's not gross, but it's the smell of oil...

FACE - CLEANSING
As a face cleanser, it's a bit too light for my dry flakey skin - didn't feel make up came off as well as with, say, hempseed oil which is thicker.

FACE - MOISTURISER
As a moisturiser it's great under make-up as it goes on smooth and silky rather than thick and fatty. But here's the thing, grape seed is apparently great for oily skins, but just too drying for dry skin.
In the summer it was nice to use but didn't give me much moisture - it seemed to have lost any hydration halfway through the day.
In the colder months, it actually created dry patches where I normally have just a bit of surface flaking.
Hasn't broken me out (important) but I also haven't used for prolonged periods of time. No difference to clogged pores.

on 11/11/2014 8:25:00 AM

I suffer from dry sundamaged skin .This oil dried me out and left my hair oily. I sticking to caudalie oil

Pure cold-pressed grapeseed oil is the only oil that seems to re-balance my oily roots and help give me extra volume which I'm sadly lacking. I use other oils for hair growth, conditioning or sealing my ends, but I can work grapeseed oil right into my roots and leave it on for 30 mins before washing and it makes a difference to my finished style. Along with Batiste Dry Shampoo it's also helping me extend the time between washes - I was an every-day hair washer until fairly recently. It's very light and I normally pair it up with sweet almond oil on the rest of my fine, coloured, slightly dehydrated hair.

Popular Face Skincare Products