April 16, 2014 | 1938 users online

Mascara - E.L.F. - Studio Lengthening & Volumizing Waterproof Mascara

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 10/6/2013 6:38:00 PM More reviews by kirstenf376

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like the packaging of this mascara, but when I used it for the first time I wasn't very impressed. It doesn't lengthen or volumize at all, my lashes were just black and droopy after I applied it. Fortunately I got this in a cheap set, on sale, with an eyeliner pen and a lash curler (both of which I love) so I am not too upset about it.

I don't recommend this product at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/5/2013 9:37:00 PM More reviews by Jilly914

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This ELF mascara comes in a cute little square tapered tube. When I opened the tube the first time, I saw the brush and thought of Maybelline's Great Lash brush. I didn't get warm fuzzies :(

After trying the mascara, I was still reminded of Great Lash. It doesn't lengthen, volumize or define. It leaves you with black tinted limp lashes...just like Great Lash.

Fortunately, it was only a few dollars lost. I don't recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2013 5:15:00 PM More reviews by smashlers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the first ELF product I have purchased, and the first drugstore brand I have used in at least 5-8 years now. I do not usually use waterproof mascaras - only if I know I am going to be at a pool or beach! Previously I tried LancĂ´me, Benefit, Smashbox, Clinique and more, and I had problems with them all smudging BEFORE I got anywhere near the water! I always curl my eyelashes, and a lot of mascaras rub off onto my eyelids. The ELF did not. I even spent 2.5 days this past weekend at a cottage with no showers or fresh water and didn't take it off because it looked fine on its own (gross I know) and it was easier to leave everything on my face than it was to re-do it when I was so dirty anyway! I am curious how this holds up with a lot of water. It removed fairly easily with waterproof eye makeup remover. Extremely cheap as well. It's been so long since I have bought a mascara for less than $25-35 so I am excited with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by NatashaEnvy

I love this stuff! it separates my lashes! makes them beautifully long and gives great volume! it is super water proof! i can go all day without it getting under my eyes(my problem with most mascaras) and its cheap!
My only problem is the giant bottle it comes in! but other than that in love with this!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2013 10:13:00 PM More reviews by xannieee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

It was dried out and it didn't even work for me. )):

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2013 1:58:00 PM More reviews by ncdecolover

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Lousy. Does not lengthen my lashes or do much of anything else for them unless you want to count straightening!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2012 9:16:00 PM More reviews by genica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Doesn't hold a curl, isn't waterproof, isn't volumizing, and it clumps. It did add length so I guess it wasn't all bad. The amount of product is very small, around as much as a typical sample size. Not that I mind, because I'm looking forward to when this is used up and I can purchase a different mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2012 8:06:00 AM More reviews by kinta80s

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This beats all the high-euro mascaras that I've ever tried so far <3 It's not clumpy, separates lashes very well, I find it more lengthening than volumizing which I prefer (my dark eyelashes already have volume and length in it) the price is student-friendly. And it performs as good as the mineral infused mascara. Love the fact that it's waterproof. Repurchase? BIG YES <3

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2012 10:42:00 PM More reviews by MinekaC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I work in a grooming salon, with that being said I NEED waterproof! With all the dogs shaking I'll get a dose of water hitting me in the face about once a day if I'm lucky. This ELF mascara is my work mascara. I put it on, and it doesn't come off unless it's wet AND I rub at it. In other words, I'm good till I get home and actually intentionally wash my face.
On the other hand it doesn't turn my lashes into something you'd see in a mascara commercial. It tints them and extends them a little. Not nearly as much as others I've worn (like ELFs Lash extending studio mascara) but for the price, and what I need it to do; it is my choice. I would think if you're going to a pool party, or the beach investing in a tube of this isn't a bad idea.
Also I'd like to note the handle is really long, and the well is really short. Huh? But there seems to be ALOT of mascara in that well, and the long handle gives you better control but it did take some getting used to for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/20/2012 11:44:00 AM More reviews by Lilra17

NOT a fan! I bought this on a trip since I had lost my mascara, and it's awful! Don't like the packaging, the handle is long and kind of awkward. It took FOREVER to dry, and every time I would blink for about 15 minutes after applying, my top eyelashes would stick to the bottom..not so much fun. It's also not at all waterproof like others said, and would kind flake off throughout the day (but of course was very difficult to get off entirely that night). I would not recommend this at all, and just ended up throwing out the whole thing!