E.L.F. Studio Lengthening & Volumizing Waterproof Mascara

2.8

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua (Water), Caprylic/Caprictri Glycerides, Cera Carnauba (Carnauba) Wax, Synthetic Beeswax Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate SE PVP, Triethanolamine, Triacontanyl PVP, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone. May Contain: Iron Oxides(CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 4/11/2015 7:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

1st off I must say cute unique packaging! It does not look like ur getting a lot of product (reminder: USD$3!!) but I never use up my mascaras within 3-4 mos. like when ur sup to toss them so this does not bother me. I love the long handle, it's really easy to use but isn't really travel friendly coz it takes up so much room like for a purse. Now to the stuff inside: Mine is Black. It's semi-matte & gives awesome length & pretty darn good curl! I use a sephora travel eyelash curler after I've applied this mascara & let it dry somewhat. It dries fairly quickly. This may not give you Younique fiber lash results but this (and elf's clear mascara/brow duo) are my HG mascaras! it's very waterproof but easily removed with makeup wipes (I use Estée Lauder or elf ones). You won't look like ur wearing falsies but this is a good every day work horse mascara u can depend on. It does not flake or give me pandas. It may be available at target or other stores but I got mine from elf's website. It isn't too wet but it's not dried out neither. I can def see myself repurchasing this or else the dual ended waterproof/non waterproof from elf for a buck to compare $3 vs. $1 I mean if you save $2 bucks well $2 bucks is $2 bucks saved every little bit helps hey u can buy 2 other elf products w ur $2 bucks lol I am on a very tight beauty budget so I appreciate elf being a cruelty-free brand offering good quality makeup i can actually afford. This brand is esp good if your on pension/very tight budget/allowance, tween, or just starting out (seeing what works for u w/o spending a ton). I'm disabled so i don't have a lot of money esp to waste on products that won't work for me, plus they got a gr8 (as in very addictive!) website shipping is free over $35 sometimes u can get a code for $25 free shipping but on that site I can do a lot with $35 just watch me! Also they take paypal which is super kewlies. My old HG mascara used to be LA Colors HD Waterproof mascara but move over LA for elf!! This mascara is the bomb & evthing I want in a mascara n I've tried HE mascara (Better Than Sex; benefit; clinique; Estée Lauder; all kinda DS brands as well ur run of the mill Maybelline et al.). I've had a lot of experiences w diff products to compare coz I am a product junkie always on to the next latest greatest thing (I rarely rebuy unless it's back ups of something I adore!), I would rebuy this & highly recommend it. Idk if it comes in any other colors but Black is available. I would not buy a bunch of backups thou of this coz I would be concerned of it drying out b4 I got around to using it just a word of caution. :) u need this!!! :)

on 1/28/2015 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is my new HG mascara! I am glad I gave this $3.00 cheapie a try. My lashes are stubby and only moderately full. With this mascara I can actually see my lashes after I apply eye-shadow and liner. It really gave me some length and volume. It apples nicely without clumping and there was no streaking, flaking or transfer. The consistency of the mascara is just right, not too wet or too dry. The color is a nice black, but not too harsh. One coat works well but for me two coats is better. It leaves my lashes natural feeling and not stiff like so many mascaras. The brush is small and slightly curved allowing it to catch all the shorter and finer lashes. I love the fact that the applicator has a long handle. I always wear waterproof as it holds the curl better for me. Removes easily with makeup remover designed for waterproof products. I will definitely continue to use and purchase again.

on 5/29/2014 11:59:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

They stopped making the mascara I liked so I used all different kinds trying to find another HG product. I like waterproof and black. Some of the newer mascaras either don't give me any length or clump... so I figured for the price I'd throw it in the cart at the grocery store. I have to say.. I love it.. I like that it makes my lashes look longer and holds nicely all day long. I wear contacts so I need that waterproof factor as I often need to put drops in my eyes or remove a lens and put it back in my eye. I may pick up another tube just to be sure I don't run out. I also like the brush itself.. not too big or a weird shape.. Just a nice brush.

I have a few other products from E.L.F. and for the most part like them , but this one I LOVE!

on 5/23/2014 2:04:00 PM

I have not found any mascara that works as well for me. I need something waterproof, since I have to use drops for dry eye during the day and take my kids swimming often. It really does not move, other brands that have gotten rave reviews give me big black rings in no time.
I have very pale lashes, it lengthens and defines very well. I am definitely looking for length over volume but I feel this gives both. The effect is natural but dramatic on me, of course I am super fair so it might be different on someone else.
The only downside is that it is so hard to remove-but that is a small trade off for not having smudges all over my face. I have tried other stuff and always end up coming back to this.

on 4/18/2014 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I wear waterproof eye makeup on a daily basis, as it lasts better, and I don't have to worry about panda eyes -especially handy when cycling in all weather.
This fantastic little bargain buy suits me perfectly for work - a nice non- clumping product which gives my eyelashes colour and definition, without looking like I have overdone the slap. I quickly curl my lashes first, and one quick coat is enough, top lashes only with a little extra to fill out the edges.
No flakes or gloopiness. Perfect!

on 10/6/2013 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like the packaging of this mascara, but when I used it for the first time I wasn't very impressed. It doesn't lengthen or volumize at all, my lashes were just black and droopy after I applied it. Fortunately I got this in a cheap set, on sale, with an eyeliner pen and a lash curler (both of which I love) so I am not too upset about it.

I don't recommend this product at all.

on 10/5/2013 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This ELF mascara comes in a cute little square tapered tube. When I opened the tube the first time, I saw the brush and thought of Maybelline's Great Lash brush. I didn't get warm fuzzies :(

After trying the mascara, I was still reminded of Great Lash. It doesn't lengthen, volumize or define. It leaves you with black tinted limp lashes...just like Great Lash.

Fortunately, it was only a few dollars lost. I don't recommend it.

on 7/29/2013 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the first ELF product I have purchased, and the first drugstore brand I have used in at least 5-8 years now. I do not usually use waterproof mascaras - only if I know I am going to be at a pool or beach! Previously I tried LancĂ´me, Benefit, Smashbox, Clinique and more, and I had problems with them all smudging BEFORE I got anywhere near the water! I always curl my eyelashes, and a lot of mascaras rub off onto my eyelids. The ELF did not. I even spent 2.5 days this past weekend at a cottage with no showers or fresh water and didn't take it off because it looked fine on its own (gross I know) and it was easier to leave everything on my face than it was to re-do it when I was so dirty anyway! I am curious how this holds up with a lot of water. It removed fairly easily with waterproof eye makeup remover. Extremely cheap as well. It's been so long since I have bought a mascara for less than $25-35 so I am excited with this.

on 4/20/2013 1:37:00 PM

I love this stuff! it separates my lashes! makes them beautifully long and gives great volume! it is super water proof! i can go all day without it getting under my eyes(my problem with most mascaras) and its cheap!
My only problem is the giant bottle it comes in! but other than that in love with this!

on 3/2/2013 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

It was dried out and it didn't even work for me. )):

Popular Mascaras