October 30, 2014 | 1680 users online

Mascara - E.L.F. - Studio Lengthening & Volumizing Waterproof Mascara

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2014 11:59:00 PM More reviews by LynneaB

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

They stopped making the mascara I liked so I used all different kinds trying to find another HG product. I like waterproof and black. Some of the newer mascaras either don't give me any length or clump... so I figured for the price I'd throw it in the cart at the grocery store. I have to say.. I love it.. I like that it makes my lashes look longer and holds nicely all day long. I wear contacts so I need that waterproof factor as I often need to put drops in my eyes or remove a lens and put it back in my eye. I may pick up another tube just to be sure I don't run out. I also like the brush itself.. not too big or a weird shape.. Just a nice brush.

I have a few other products from E.L.F. and for the most part like them , but this one I LOVE!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2014 2:04:00 PM More reviews by EHY

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have not found any mascara that works as well for me. I need something waterproof, since I have to use drops for dry eye during the day and take my kids swimming often. It really does not move, other brands that have gotten rave reviews give me big black rings in no time.
I have very pale lashes, it lengthens and defines very well. I am definitely looking for length over volume but I feel this gives both. The effect is natural but dramatic on me, of course I am super fair so it might be different on someone else.
The only downside is that it is so hard to remove-but that is a small trade off for not having smudges all over my face. I have tried other stuff and always end up coming back to this.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2014 7:13:00 PM More reviews by Barbara18

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I wear waterproof eye makeup on a daily basis, as it lasts better, and I don't have to worry about panda eyes -especially handy when cycling in all weather.
This fantastic little bargain buy suits me perfectly for work - a nice non- clumping product which gives my eyelashes colour and definition, without looking like I have overdone the slap. I quickly curl my lashes first, and one quick coat is enough, top lashes only with a little extra to fill out the edges.
No flakes or gloopiness. Perfect!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/6/2013 6:38:00 PM More reviews by kirstenf376

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like the packaging of this mascara, but when I used it for the first time I wasn't very impressed. It doesn't lengthen or volumize at all, my lashes were just black and droopy after I applied it. Fortunately I got this in a cheap set, on sale, with an eyeliner pen and a lash curler (both of which I love) so I am not too upset about it.

I don't recommend this product at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/5/2013 9:37:00 PM More reviews by Jilly914

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This ELF mascara comes in a cute little square tapered tube. When I opened the tube the first time, I saw the brush and thought of Maybelline's Great Lash brush. I didn't get warm fuzzies :(

After trying the mascara, I was still reminded of Great Lash. It doesn't lengthen, volumize or define. It leaves you with black tinted limp lashes...just like Great Lash.

Fortunately, it was only a few dollars lost. I don't recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2013 5:15:00 PM More reviews by smashlers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the first ELF product I have purchased, and the first drugstore brand I have used in at least 5-8 years now. I do not usually use waterproof mascaras - only if I know I am going to be at a pool or beach! Previously I tried LancĂ´me, Benefit, Smashbox, Clinique and more, and I had problems with them all smudging BEFORE I got anywhere near the water! I always curl my eyelashes, and a lot of mascaras rub off onto my eyelids. The ELF did not. I even spent 2.5 days this past weekend at a cottage with no showers or fresh water and didn't take it off because it looked fine on its own (gross I know) and it was easier to leave everything on my face than it was to re-do it when I was so dirty anyway! I am curious how this holds up with a lot of water. It removed fairly easily with waterproof eye makeup remover. Extremely cheap as well. It's been so long since I have bought a mascara for less than $25-35 so I am excited with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by NatashaEnvy

I love this stuff! it separates my lashes! makes them beautifully long and gives great volume! it is super water proof! i can go all day without it getting under my eyes(my problem with most mascaras) and its cheap!
My only problem is the giant bottle it comes in! but other than that in love with this!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2013 10:13:00 PM More reviews by xannieee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

It was dried out and it didn't even work for me. )):

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2013 1:58:00 PM More reviews by ncdecolover

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Lousy. Does not lengthen my lashes or do much of anything else for them unless you want to count straightening!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2012 9:16:00 PM More reviews by genica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Doesn't hold a curl, isn't waterproof, isn't volumizing, and it clumps. It did add length so I guess it wasn't all bad. The amount of product is very small, around as much as a typical sample size. Not that I mind, because I'm looking forward to when this is used up and I can purchase a different mascara.