October 25, 2014 | 1425 users online

Eye Shadow - E.L.F. - Mineral Eyeshadow in Girly

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2011 10:13:00 PM More reviews by Cailee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is definitely the worst shade that I've tried from their mineral shadow line. This is actually one of the worst eyeshadows I've ever tried PERIOD, to be completely honest. First off, there is no pigment. Zero. Nada. I'm not going to try and sugar coat it, and say that it takes a few layers for it to show up, because it doesn't matter how much you pack on. The pigment just isn't there. There's no binders, it doesn't adhere. The lovely lilac-mauve shade in the container just disappears when applied. The shimmer, everything, just... disappears, into thin air. When packed on, it just looks like a slightly discolored version of my eyelid. Like I've been ill or something. This is a pretty dreadful product (not saying that about all e.l.f. Mineral shadows in general, just this particular one). Thank goodness I got this for free.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2010 12:36:00 AM More reviews by burnermom

Unlike some of the other colors this one is WACK!! The color is pretty in the jar, but doesn't show up on your lid. Tried using the studio line primer, loreal decrease, and even nyx jumbo pencil in cottage cheese and it still doesn't show up. And it seemed the more I tried to pack it on, the more e/s came off. Don't even think about blending it w/ another color cause it will just come off and all your hard work getting to show up goes down the drain!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2010 8:12:00 PM More reviews by bisco

Unlike the other shades I bought, girly takes a few more swipes and applications to show up. It's very faint, and it doesn't pack as much punch as my other mineral eyeshadows from E.L.F. It's a cute shade though, it just doesn't show up as nicely. Which in the end, makes me kind of sad:/

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2009 5:48:00 PM More reviews by hp11989

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Overall rating: I gave this only 3 lippies because the pigmentation was poor and because it had only minimal shimmer. It's a very pale, mimmally shimmery lilac-mauve color. It was way too much work to get it to show up and not special enough to bother testing when applied over other eyeshadow bases.
Applied dry over UDPP: Lighter on the lid than seen in the pot. Had to apply three coats to barely approximate the coverage I prefer.
Applied wet over UDPP: Wetting the brush made the shadow disappear on my lid! It appeared a little better when I ran a dry brush loaded with shadow over it.
Where did I buy this: E.L.F. Web site.
Price: A whopping $.75 during the recent E.L.F. sale. Regular retail is $3.00.
Packaging: Large screw-top pot, the size of a BE shadow, with sifter cap; about the best you can get in loose mineral eyeshadow.
Would I buy again: No. continued >>