January 31, 2015 | 948 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast Length

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2015 1:43:00 PM More reviews by opbxr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is by far one of the worst Covergirl mascaras I have tried, aside from the Flamed Out mascara. I was highly dissapointed in this mascara.

The brush is probably the worst part. It is a rubber brush, and is very long and skinny. I don't know if it is because of how thin and hairlike the bristles are, or if it's the shape of the bottle, but hardly any product goes onto the wand. I have to dunk the mascara back into the tube four or five times to get a decent coat of mascara on my eyelashes.

The lengthening effect is pretty underwhelming as well. It does lengthen, yes, but not as much as you'd think. I've had some volumizing mascaras that lengthen much more than this mascara ever could. The mascara does not offer long, dramatic lashes like they do in the commercial, but rather natural lashes.

The only use I currently have for this mascara currently is as a bottom-lashes mascara, or layering it beneath other ones as sort of a mascara base. If you like natural-looking eyelashes, then maybe you would love this mascara, but for me, it's nearly useless. I would not reccomend this to anyone, nor would I purchase this mascara again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2015 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Gadgeteer

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Gosh, I hope they don't stop making this mascara. I found it on sale at Harmon Face Value and love absolutely everything about it.

I prefer dryer mascaras and minimalist wands. This is a dryer mascara meant to lengthen (hence the name - there should be no expectation it is for volume) with a skinny plastic wand. Winner!

I use this before or after a volumizing mascara to separate and lengthen my lashes. So far I've yet to find a single mascara that does everything well and it isn't at all too expensive or inconvenient to use two. Its perfect for lower lashes because of the wonderful skinny wand and can also be used alone for a really natural your-lashes-but-better look.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2014 7:02:00 PM More reviews by itaJ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

If "no-makeup makeup" is your thing, then look no further than this mascara. As the name implies, it's a great lash lengthener, but it's definitely subtle. If you pile it on you can achieve a bit more impact, but for the most part you're going to get long, thin, natural looking lashes with lots separation.
Where I think this mascara really shines is as a layer. When used in conjunction with a thicker, more volumizing mascara, it's wonderful. I like to use Lash Blast Length as the base layer, and then apply something heftier on top for the best of both worlds: length and separation from the Lash Blast Length, and richer color and volume from the second mascara. (Plus, I find that combining two mascaras tends to hold a curl better.)
I initially bought it on a clearance-aisle whim, but continue to repurchase because of its lengthening powers and versatility as either a layer or a stand-alone natural look.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2014 6:42:00 AM More reviews by abzhang

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

MY HG MASCARA!

This is a natural mascara, however it is also very buildable and can be used to create more dramatic lashes if you're willing to put in the time. I used to like using this underneath more dramatic mascaras such as Benefit's They're Real or Too Faced's Better Than Sex to add more length (which it performed wonderfully as) however I took this mascara by itself on a recent trip overseas and it performed wonderfully with my Shu Uemura eyelash curler (so well, in fact, that I received a few compliments on them!).

This mascara darkens and makes your lashes seem thicker and longer in a very natural way - for those of you who are blessed with long lashes, I would HIGHLY recommend this (to use on its own) as it provides the little extra boost that those with longer lashes might want - furthermore, this mascara has NEVER clumped on me or left me with spidery lashes. For that reason, it is a wonderful bottom lash mascara for those who are in the market for one - I've never liked using thick and very black mascaras on bottom lashes as I find it throws the eye makeup off balance, and this provides the perfect boost to lower lashes without seeming unnatural.

For those with shorter lashes looking for something more than a natural look, USE THIS WITH A GOOD EYELASH CURLER! Your eyelashes will look STUNNING with this - it is wonderful at really opening up the eyes.

Will repurchase again and again! HIGHLY recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2014 12:36:00 PM More reviews by BeatrixKidd0

I really like the Lash Blast mascaras and was hesitant to try a new one, but I like this a lot fo a natural look. People with really fine lashes will like the silicone brush with lots of tiny bristles. I need a lot of separation and big wands clump up my lashes. If you have the same issues I recommend giving it a try. I like to use this first then put a voluminous coat of mascara over the top if I am doing anything more extravagant with my eyes, so it builds well with other formulas. My tube is now dried out and I will be picking up another one soon.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2014 10:04:00 AM More reviews by volshorn08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I love the other Blast mascaras (Fusion, Volume, Clump Crusher) and it was on closeout at my store. I think the main issue this mascara has is the brush. There are too many bristles, and they're too close together. I couldn't get my lashes in between the bristles to get any product on them. It works okay for my lower lashes, which are thinner hairs. And it's okay as a base for a volumizing mascara (I always use 2 mascaras). I think the formula is good, and it would work if the brush was more lash friendly. If you have fine hair, this might work for you.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2014 10:37:00 PM More reviews by KittySkyfish

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I can hardly imagine a more subtle mascara in existence. My lashes are short and this provides no lengthening effect unless you apply 5+ layers, and then it still looks less substantial than one layer of an excellent mascara (like EL Sumptuous). Save your money and buy something else.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2014 11:54:00 PM More reviews by lynsaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is an okay mascara. It definitely works if your going for more of a natural look, it's not very noticeable and it only adds a little bit of length. I have the waterproof version and it's definitely not waterproof.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2014 12:30:00 PM More reviews by Englishvik

This mascara did absolutely nothing for me :( no length at all and I had to apply about 5 coats just o get any impact at all, really not worth the time or effort sadly

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2014 5:23:00 PM More reviews by Taterbugdancer

This stuff is so great. It doesn't clump or tangle my semi-longer lashes whatsoever. If it weren't that the lovely wand makes this mascara take a long time to apply it'd be my all time favorite. If you're wanting some killer looking lashes and have some time to get ready I would recommend this.