September 1, 2014 | 2127 users online

Eyeliner - Smashbox - Jet Set Waterproof Eyeliner - Dark Brown

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2013 8:56:00 AM More reviews by Suesaroo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

First time I have used a liner like this. I had pretty much sworn off trying a new one but, I got this for free. Once you master the brush technique it works really well. Buildable so you can get the intensity you want. Very kind to my 50 year old eyes as well. I layered my traditional Clinique pan eyeliner over it to soften. Lasted the whole day and through my evening run. This is a keeper!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by nikkidarling83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm really surprised by so many negative reviews. This is my absolute favorite gel/cream eyeliner ever. I've used MAC and Bobbi Brown. This one works the best for tight lining. It does not go anywhere until I remove it at the end of the day. It goes on so easily and smoothly. I use a small art brush I bought from Michael's--not an actual eyeliner brush. But this is the same type of brush I have always use for cream eyeliner and that I continue to use for my other brands.
I have used this pot for several months now, and it has not shown any signs of drying up. I love it! I recommend it to all my friends.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2012 11:34:00 PM More reviews by MissRaffix3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I have to say, I'm not too fond of this product. It's a shame because I really wanted to like it. It's the first gel liner I've tried, so I'm not sure if it's just this type or all gel liners that don't work for me.
This product didn't work at all dry, so I had to use it wet by dipping my brush into some water first. But even then, it was frustrating to apply. I tried a few different eyeliner brushes for this as well, but I haven't had much luck. Getting a good line with this is time consuming and it's just not something I'd want to take the time to use every day.
I will say that the product does last well on the lid. And I do like the cute little jar it comes in. Other than that, it's hard to say anything positive about my experience with this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2012 4:46:00 PM More reviews by ilovejp

This is my favourite eyeliner at the moment. It has stayed creamy and I've had it nearly a year. It is very easy to use and it is longwearing. I had a bobbi brown gel eyeliner and it dried out not long after I bought it. I've had no problems with this.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2011 12:12:00 AM More reviews by Besitos

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Uhhhhhhh I opened it, used it a few times and then it dried up and crumbled on me. Yeah... won't buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2011 11:28:00 PM More reviews by jessadores

The color was nice with this, but I hated it. It dried out so fast, I haven't had an eyeliner dry out this fast ever. Before it dried out It would tug when I applied it and was not creamy at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2011 11:11:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

Irritated the hell out of my eyes when I tried tightlining. I purchased this product for that exact reason so it's going straight back. Shame because this shade of eddish-brown looks GREAT with my auburn hair :(

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2011 3:24:00 AM More reviews by emmycantbemeeko

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my HG eyeliner. I have very oily skin and my eyes water a lot, and I live in a hot and humid climate, so most eyeliners stay put on my lower lashes for at most an hour or two- then it's raccoon eyes all the way.

This stuff does. not. budge. Not a bit. Once it sets- and it sets fast- it is there till I take it off with makeup remover. It does come off fairly easily with remover, so it's not a pain to remove, but I LOVE that I can work, run, even swim (splashing about for fun sort of swimming- I wouldn't expect this, or any eyeliner, to survive swimming laps) without losing my eyeliner.

Application takes a little practice, and you must have a good eyeliner brush ("good" being in this instance defined as "one you're comfortable with using, and that gives you the kind of results you want without a lot of fussing"). You don't have a lot of time to work with it before it sets, so you should know what kind of a line you're going for, and how to get it- you can't do tiny baby strokes and connect them all, or draw, consider, wipe, and redraw- it will dry too quickly for that. On the other hand, it's a great motivator to learn to be decisive and confident with your eyeliner. ;)

I have green eyes and very pale skin, and find this shade a very flattering, wearable dark brown. It's dark enough for evening wear but not too harsh for day looks, and highly pigmented. Very versatile.

The pot is very small but even though I use this almost every day, in two months I've made hardly a dent- a single swipe of the brush across the contents gives enough for a dark line, and it never needs retouching. I imagine this pot will last me the better part of a year.

Pros: Extreme staying power, very water-resistant, versatile color, highly pigmented, good value for money.

Cons: Application requires skill, requires a good brush for good results, high initial price despite good long-term value.

I would strongly recommend it to other oily-skinned girls, but those for whome staying power is less of a priority may be able to make do with cheaper, more forgiving liners.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2010 4:19:00 AM More reviews by lucenaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Bottom line: this is a really good eyeliner, until it dried out. The shade of brown was good for my tanned Filipino skin - dark enough to define well but not as overbearing as black.

I had no issues with the packaging - no nonsense glass jar with a screw cap. As for the size, I used it pretty much everyday as my daily eyeliner for the past six months, and I'm not even halfway through the container. So it may be small, but it goes a long way. Also, it's thick, and you can get too much on your brush if you're not careful, but once you start lining it's a piece of cake. Just get a good slanted liner brush and it's a breeze to apply. No tugging.

The absolute most impressive thing I found with this liner is the staying power. It stays put for an easy twelve hours on my oily lids. After 12 hours, it can smudge a bit, but only on my very oily top lids - but it's far from raccoon eyes. I also use it in the outer corners of my eyes, and no migration there whatsoever. Very impressive.

Biggest downside: texture. It's too thick. It dries on your lids very fast, and it's nearly impossible to smudge. Also, after a couple of months of having this, it becomes a nightmare, because it dries out more and more in the pot. Application becomes sharp, flaky chunks of liner getting into your eye.

The strange thing about this liner is when you have it on, it never flakes off; but during actual application, the liner can dry so fast on the brush, or on your lids, that it flakes off when you try to apply it or go over an already-applied line.

Anyway, even though this problem started off bearable, and even non-existent when I bought it, the dry-out flaking part put the nail in the coffin for this, for me. I can't stand having shrapnel-like pieces going into my eye anymore.

Even though I want to, it costs too much for something bearable for only about 5 months. Will not repurchase. :-( continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2010 10:41:00 PM More reviews by fyamaguchi888

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm on the fence with this eyeliner.

I was looking for a WATERPROOF eyeliner in gel/creme form & this was suggested by an employee at Sephora.

The Good:This is truly WATERPROOF. I apply it & put a little eyeshadow over it to set it. It sticks ALL day long, even through my workout at the gym! It is the only eyeliner that stays on my lower lashline. I have hooded eyes & monolids, and I never find that weird residue in my outer corners (which MAC Fluidline constantly leaves on my eyes)

The Bad: I apply it with the Sephora angled eyeliner brush & it is a bit dry but it's not as dry as the same product in Purple (forgot the exact name of the shade). You have to make sure you close the lid right after you put some on your brush or it will dry out quickly.

NOTE: I have found that the Smashbox Waterproof shadowliner DUOs are much creamier than the single jet set pots. The duos have a little plastic lid that goes over the liner in addition to the regular cover. Maybe it helps keep the moisture in? I do find that the Duos don't stay on my lid as long though. :(