September 20, 2014 | 1900 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Sensational in Plum Paradise

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2012 4:23:00 PM More reviews by northerndownpour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I picked this lipstick up because I don't have any plum shades in my collection. So I figured I'd give this one a try and if it didn't work it was cheap enough that it didn't matter. The pigmentation on this lipstick is great! It's a dark pinky plum with some shimmer. It's not too frosty and the shimmer isn't very noticeable. It doesn't dry out my lips and has pretty good staying power. It's a pretty nice lipstick for the $6 I paid for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2012 9:26:00 AM More reviews by janicejmb

This is a wonderful product. The color doesn't actually look like one that would be fine for blonde haired, blue eyed people. Yet, it works. I have had many people ask what color I am wearing. When I show them the color in the tube--they can't believe it. It looks dark in the tube, but once on the skin--beautiful.
Also, I am a neutral, fair blonde.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2011 8:37:00 AM More reviews by mikiesmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This by far the best drugstore lipstick ever! The color is vibrant and has great staying power. Generally I'm not a fan of drugstore brands but I tried it because I had a $2 coupon making it a whopping $3.49. Even without a coupon it's only $5.49 at Target. Maybelline has stepped up the quality of their lipsticks. It's nice to find a bargain instead of paying $20+ for lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2011 5:11:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

plum paradise is a dark shimmery plum/pink.verry nice color for fall! It brings a nice color to the lips!chic and sophisticated color! Smooth on the application,last long,shines.go well with: nude,black,white,plum,purple,pink,gold,brown eye shadows.love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2010 12:28:00 AM More reviews by glamourdoll

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a terrific lipstick. The formula is nice---rich, saturated color that is full of pigment, goes on nice & silky. It does have a faint vanilla/play-doh scent as other reviewers have noted (but this isn't enough to be bothersome). This is a gorgeous berry-toned plum with a bit of twinkle---not OTT, it's just soft & pretty. I got this for about $8 and I can tell you I have easily paid twice or even 3x the price for a lipstick that I like. So when I run out I do plan to repurchase. I can see this pretty shade working for a lot of complexions---I have dark brown hair, dark brown eyes & light skin w/lots of yellow undertones (Px Vellum). As another reviewer noted, the case is very similar to Lancome's Color Fever lipstick. As of now this is the only shade that grabbed my attention---some of the other colors wouldn't work for me--sniff. But I am *thrilled * with this lipstick and plan to repurchase if/when I use this up.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2010 3:38:00 PM More reviews by krm82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Color is a little intense, but when applied with a light hand it is quite lovely. The formula isn't too drying and I was very impressed with the pigmentation....will definitely try other shades of this line. Also the staying power wasn't too bad.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2010 1:24:00 AM More reviews by MES

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Lovely medium shade of plum, works well even with my fair complexion. I did notice it has an odd smell, almost smells like Play Doh. It's super cheap, about $6 at most places. Maybelline has really been improving their line lately, I'm quite impressed. It's a traditional lipstick, so it has to be reapplied every couple hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2009 8:48:00 PM More reviews by Lipsticklilly58

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Very pretty plum color. If you like color which with my hair and eyebrows I need. I also happen to like the way it applies and wears. Will try some other shdes in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2009 7:19:00 AM More reviews by wannadance

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

gorgeous deep cool reddish plum with barely visible shimmer. bought this on ebay for 99 cents plus shipping. no bad smell, very mild disappearing vanilla scent.

this is dark compared to what i usually wear but it really clarifies my kinda blotchy pinky skin. feels wonderful on, applies beautifully.

pinky irish skin, green eyes, dark red hair with pale grey streaks.