Koh Gen Do Moisture Foundation

4.1

Water, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, Octyldodecyl Lanolate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Tribehenin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Squalane, Saccharomyces Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Tocopherol, Magnesium Sulfate, Oleyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Talc, Titanium Dioxide, (+/-) Iron Oxides, Aluminum Hydroxide

on 8/24/2015 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This foundation is amazing if you have really dry skin!
I have been looking for months for a foundation that gives that flawless but natural finish and this is it!
it's completely build-able and gives you a light to medium coverage.
It doesn't stick to dry patches and covers my redness and any acne scars!
This foundation is quite expensive for how much you do get, it comes in a little tube and is a lot smaller then usual foundation but i would keep buying this foundation

I use this foundation when i need a bit more coverage instead of using my too faced beauty balm cream

This foundation last all day with budging and i wear it for average 10-12 hours!
i also wore it when i went out clubbing and it lasted nicely and looked great it photos
quite dewy finish and be careful if you have oily skin because it can get a little oily but since i do have dry skin that isn't such an issue for me

I can wear it without concealer or setting powder as it gives such a natural flawless finish but my setting powder looks great with it as well!

would recommend to anyone who has dry to very skin!

on 8/14/2015 10:10:00 PM

Gorgeous, gorgeous foundation - I can't believe I haven't written a review of this yet! I'm a foundation-a-holic and frequently try new ones. Hardly of them ever please me because they either highlight roughness, make my skin look dry, settle in lines under my eyes making me look old, or slide and smear around. But this one...this one's finish is just perfect. It smooths beautifully over my skin hiding any roughness, making my skin look hydrated, plumped, healthy, making my under eyes look moisturized and young by smoothing over but never settling in fine lines. It also provides some decent coverage, but looks like your real skin, not like a foundation at all. But the one draw back is that on oily skin (which I have), it starts looking really shiny after a few hours. It doesn't smear around like some foundations does, but in photos especially it starts looking greasy. So I only wear this when I'm going out to events that won't last all day or late into the night. For date night, a party etc it is a perfect foundation. I could get away with it wearing it at work if I blotted it, but it's so expensive I prefer to save it for nice occasions anyway. It's my second bottle, and I will likely repurchase.

on 6/11/2015 4:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a great foundation if you want a natural but unified look. I have pretty sensitive Skin and a bit of redness, therefore I like my foundation to even out my skin but not look too heavy. The coverage is sheer to medium and buildable. It does not settle into any fine lines and is one of the few foundations I have tried that does not oxidize at all, even after several hours of wear. It has a similar finish to the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation although the Chanel one is a bit more drying on my skin.

I use 013 which is actually a bit darker than my skin tone but still the closest match. It makes for a healthy natural look and with the help of a concealer to cover any marks or blemishes, gives a flawless but still no-make up look.

It is a bit pricey but it is worth the splurge, and comes in a travel-friendly packaging.

Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation is my go to everyday foundation, and the KGD Moisture Foundation is my go to night time/ special event foundation. It has a medium coverage which can be built up, and a great 'my skin but better' look. You don't feel like you are wearing makeup and really does impart that Victoria's Secret sexy glowing from within look. The foundation acts like an air brush and really visually blurs out any textural/ discolouration issues. Though you can achieve a very flawless look with the tiniest amount of KGD powder. It looks great in photos and the fact that it is such a simplistic formulation (no mineral oil, parabens etc.) is just a plus! Definitely worth the money.

The best make up - natural, medium weight, my favorite. Love it!

on 9/17/2014 5:22:00 AM

The amount of product you get is really little. So for the price, I really expected a lot from this product. Unfortunately, it disappointed big time.

First, I couldn't get a right color match despite going to the Koh Gen Do counter. I'm yellow toned and even the lightest shade for yellow-toned people (#112) turned darkish/greyish-pink on my face.

Second, the coverage is very little. Even my BB and CC cream gives better coverage.

The only good thing is that it hardly transferred... or maybe because I should have used way more product? I really don't know.

A waste of my money. I don't know what to do with my remaining tube of #112.

on 5/23/2014 9:29:00 PM

Just awful value. Barely any product and the product you do get is average. It don't find it moisturizing and it has little coverage. Very disappointed.

on 5/19/2014 4:53:00 PM

I bought this on sale at hautelook and so glad I did not pay full price for it. It is hard to blend in, esp on nose and around mouth. It slides around my skin no matter what I use underneath and it accentuates the pores on the side of my nose. It is light coverage but it makes my pores look worse and doesnt do much for the rest of my skin (which is fine bc my skin is overall OK).

It is expensive for the amount of product, but I cannot wait until I use it up. I dont like waste, even if the product doesnt do much for me. I just use it and use setting powder basically so I have a slight base for blush, bronzer.

on 5/19/2014 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I definitely understand the complaints that this product is expensive - because it is... but at least for me it's magical. Koh Gen Do has a fantastic sampling program (at least in the US), you can email a beauty consultant and ask for assistance in color matching then in about a week or so you'll have samples at your doorstep! I received samples of this foundation in 001 thanks to a similarly pale blogger (I wore MUFE Mat Velvet in 15 previously to help give you some idea) and declared to my friend that I would definitely not be buying this foundation unless it was "freaking magical". It met that criteria - my sahara dry skin is so soft with this on that I pet it occasionally.

If you have dry skin - you'll likely love this foundation. This stuff leaves me freaking DEWY - something I figure was nearly impossible to achieve on my skin... at least not with any foundation that actually matches my epic dry paleness. On the other hand, if you have normal or oily skin this foundation may not work too well on your skin since it can leave a girl girl dewy.

This foundation has light coverage buildable to medium coverage. I wouldn't say it requires A LOT of product to get to medium compared to other foundations - but it's definitely something to consider with the price so high. If you're looking for a medium to full coverage foundation THIS IS NOT IT. I generally apply this foundation as a thin layer all over with my fingers and blend it out with a damp (no water should be come out when squeezed) beauty blender - then I add a little more product in areas where I need extra coverage (like my nose or chin where I have some facial redness) and blend that out. This product does an excellent job of covering my redness while still allowing my freckles to shine through and lasts well throughout the day. I always apply this foundation on top of a primer (over fully absorbed moisturizer and sunscreen) and set it with powder.

on 5/19/2014 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

So little product for the money! You need to use a lot, as well. It feels like the tube has 20 ish uses in it!

The coverage is minimal and not in a pretty barely there way. It looks patchy and slides all over - hence why you need to use a lot.

The foundation has a lot of water, and I notice that when I wear any kind of oil serum (with a water based cream over of course) the foundation applies HORRIBLY. Even with water based moisturizers over it, the foundation still slips badly. The transfer is HORRIBLE if i have any moisturizer on.

I don't find it moisturizing at all, in fact it clings to dry patches on my cheeks.

Despite this, it looks pretty nice on some bumpy skin I have if I go to the trouble to get a thick, even application.

I notice an hour later, it still looks ok on my bumpy nose/chin, which is unusual for me.

I'm giving it an additional lippy for the very pale shade 001. I prefer a yellow based foundation, but this still looks ok. It doesn't look that pink on.