April 20, 2014 | 1949 users online

Liquid - Koh Gen Do - Moisture Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 11:30:00 AM More reviews by EmmyJeanGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this on Hautelook so the price wasn't so bad. I'll probably only buy it on sale. That being said, I REALLY like this foundation. My skin type: oily T-zone, some dry patches, very sensitive/mild rosacea, slightly acne-prone, some fine lines. I'm pretty fair (NW20-ish), but for some reason shade 2 works really well for me. The undertone matches me and it doesn't make me turn ghostly or oxidize throughout the day. The coverage is sheer to medium, definitely not a full coverage foundation (which is fine with me). It evens out my skin tone, but won't cover up the red post acne marks or my freckles too much. I prefer to just dot concealer where I need it after applying a sheer foundation; it looks so natural. I don't apply this under my eyes as it will crease. I use a beauty blender sponge to apply (then conceal where I need to) and then lightly press on top a luminous setting powder and it gives the most natural "my skin but better" finish. (I'm very picky about finish and will only apply foundation with the beauty blender nowadays!) At first I didn't like this foundation because I was applying WAY too much; less is definitely more with this foundation (although I can add a second layer to cover the diffuse redness in my cheeks). I don't wear a primer underneath (just apply after my daily moisturizer has sunk in) and it lasts fairly well. I need to touch up with powder in my T-zone occasionally, but I work 10 hour days so that's to be expected. If I've gone overboard on the acne treatment and have flaky spots, I apply a balm after my moisturizer to prevent makeup from accentuating it. The best part is that it doesn't break me out!!! I strongly dislike most foundations because they look mask-like and/or they break me out.

Synopsis:

Pros:
~doesn't break me out or cause allergic reaction!!! :D
~lightweight - feels like a moisturizer on
~natural finish
~good color match - shade 02
~lasting power - would be longer if I used a primer but they all break me out :(
~packaging - squeeze tube is hygienic and easy to travel with
~does not accentuate textural issues (e.g. fine lines, pores, blemishes)
~buildable - enough to cover diffuse redness

Cons:
~price - buy it on sale and it's not so bad
~coverage - if you want full coverage this isn't it (actually a 'pro' for me)

Bottom line:
This is the only liquid foundation I use.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2014 12:23:00 PM More reviews by lulululululu

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best foundation I have ever used (Koh Gen Do's Aqua foundation is just as good). This has a little more coverage than the Aqua Foundation.

I have tried many foundations, and never look as good as I do in this foundation. It is lively, photographs beautifully and makes my face look beautiful.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2014 8:46:00 AM More reviews by Yurippe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this because it was the palest foundation I could find at the time in Japan. (I discovered Maybelline's Mineral BB Base after that.) I love how it doesn't irritate my sensitive, acne-prone skin, and how pale it is.
I just wish it had better coverage and wouldn't cost so much...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by Naturalchic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the nicest cream foundation I've tried and the only one that's worked for me texture wise. It's a thick cream that melts easy into your skin when applied. You can use it very sheer and build it up to over a medium. I actually use it as a concealer over the Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation because it covers enough and my scaly eczema doesn't get accentuated with it like other foundations or especially concealers. I have the shade 112 which is too neutral for my NC18, but it works good to brighten up around eyes and mouth. The shade up 113 is too dark. The staying power on my skin is medium.

Update 18/4-14; I now give this 5 stars instead of 4. This foundation is just truely invisible and naturel. I now mix the 113 and 001 to achieve a nc18-20, I like this color combo better than the 112. 112 is more neutral toned and 113+001 combo is more warm.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2014 4:38:00 AM More reviews by dienausicaa

for color 001

i use this only winter at my palest, it being lighter than a nc5.

The texture is creamy and light without being greasy, blends itsel so easily and at first seems as if there is not much coverage going on, but on pictures and comparing a before and after i could see the perfecting effect without heavy coverage. the finish is natural, not satin, not matte, not glowy, just like real skin.This last quality is the strong point of this foundation, it looks so convincingly natural.

quite nice and not drying, good for very pale folk. in the spring and winter i mix this with another shade to warm it up.

cons: small quantity,making it very expensive

pro: the most natural yet perfecting foundation i have encountered so far, and i have literally sampled an entire department store selection at this point of my search.

detail- not super high coverage, not many shades, but easy to mix to adjust, just like artist grade products.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/3/2013 12:16:00 AM More reviews by Havol64

Am sorry to have given such a low rate for such a highly raved product . Tried for the first time today. Texture is real smooth which I really love however the coverage is not as good as what I expect . Tried using KDG concealer to cover up my blemishes however, my skin turn cakey and grainy after few hours . Pores are like staring at me !! So am wondering ... Is it something to do with my applied technique or is it the product?

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2013 5:10:00 PM More reviews by hambo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the first foundation in years that I've really, really liked and can actually wear every day. I can't use anything that has heavy silicones because they give me those horrible, cyst-like pimples. Unfortunately this eliminates most of the nicer foundations on the market. I've been looking high and low for something that didn't have silicone as a primary ingredient, would match my Asian skin tone, give light to medium coverage with a natural looking finish. The Moisture Foundation seemed so promising that I took a chance and ordered it online in shade 123.

The colour is an excellent match for my lightly tanned East Asian skin. The consistency is creamy and I only use a very small amount for my whole face, like the size of a fluffy grain of rice, and apply a light layer on my skin, patting a little extra on blemishes and dark spots. I'd say the coverage is light to medium. It doesn't hide my two sun spots or under eye circles very well. It does blur minor imperfections so that they're less noticeable, and evens out the skin tone nicely. The finish is very skin-like, not too matte or dewy. I've been using this for two weeks now, and no break outs or bad reactions. I'm not sure if it's 100% silicone free, but it doesn't contain dimethicone. I do use a good oil cleanser at night though.

This is expensive for the amount of product you get, and it's always dicey ordering base makeup online without trying it out first, but I'm so glad I found this. I will definitely repurchase!

* Edit * Turns out one of the ingredients cyclopentasiloxane is a silicone, but a lightweight one. I've been using this for a while now with no bad reactions and I still think it's great. I recently purchased one shade up for Winter (113).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2013 10:52:00 AM More reviews by voodoodolly330

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation, in my opinion it gives medium coverage, evens out skintone, blurs pores... and looks totally natural, flawless, silky skin but totally natural! And the lasting power of this foundation is pretty good too. I far prefer this than KGD's Aqua Foundation.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2013 8:45:00 PM More reviews by DebbieB43

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well....I have been on a search for a new foundation, sometimes I think as we get older, our skin care and makeup needs to be adjusted. I have used MANY brands mainly high end foundations, so I thought I would give the Koh Gen Do a try.
First, let me say the texture is lovely. I am normal to dry, and this provided good moisture without oiliness. No scent that I could detect. Color choice for my fair skin was a good match, I chose 13. The only negative I have is this covers more like a tinted moisturizer, and not foundation. I don't have any real skin issues, but coverage was very light. This might be ideal with a tinted primer?? I don't want heavy coverage but was disappointed. If you have flawless skin this would surely be gorgeous, I am 40+ yrs old, so even though my skin is decent, this did not cover up some of my pinkness.
Do give it a try if you love a sheer look in foundations!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2013 8:44:00 PM More reviews by Ewabili

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Being a foundation fanatic I had to try this! If I can compare it to another foundation it's the new Armani Maestro foundation--but better. Armani's foundation is powdery and you can see the particles over discolored areas, Maifanshi's pigments are fine, and they disappear, they blur pores, even skintone. When I tell people I wear foundation they squint and are always impressed by the realistic finish. Yes, it's not high coverage, maybe medium max, and you will have to conceal (the Armani concealer goes great with this foundation) but what you pay for is the finish! If you want to improve the look of your skin and look natural this is the tops: no wonder it's a professional foundation.