Koh Gen Do Maifanshi Moisture Foundation

4.2

Water, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, Octyldodecyl Lanolate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Tribehenin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Squalane, Saccharomyces Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Tocopherol, Magnesium Sulfate, Oleyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Talc, Titanium Dioxide, (+/-) Iron Oxides, Aluminum Hydroxide

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Coarse

Got some medium colors sample pack upon request from Koh Gen Do, at a very reasonable cost to cover postage and handling. Thank you KGD!
COLOR: My November pale olive skin is Sephora 3Y07, and I am exactly half way between KGD shades 113 and 123. I figure in the dead of winter I will be 113 and in the summer I will be 123. My tone is neutral, tending towards yellow a bit, but very yellow foundations do not suit me, nor do very pink foundations either. This one is perfect (right in the middle).

FINISH: It applies very smoothly to a neutral finish, neither flat/dry nor greasy shiny.

COVERAGE: It spreads well, and gives medium coverage, with very good results applying a bit more for fuller coverage of scars. No caking or flaky look.

ENDURANCE: it lasts about 6-8 hours, but my very oily T zone has slight breakthrough by 6 hours; not a problem, can blot with Bosca blotting papers which absorb the oil but do not disturb makeup. Does not last quite as long as Ellis Faas foundation in terms of coverage. Have tried using Two Faced primed and poreless with the foundation on the oily zone in the morning, which looks natural, not dry and lifeless.

ALLERGIES/TOLERANCE: So far so good, but I would like to wear it for a bit longer before pronouncing on this. Have very sensitive skin especially around the eye area (see my eye product reviews for sad stories of allergic reactions). I am trying it as a little heavier cover for undereye circles, just to beef up the Armani eye concealer. Will report, as allergies do develop over time...sometimes takes a few weeks to find out....
So for now 4 stars

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I ordered the light samples from Koh Gen Do and they barely give you any. I mean really maybe two uses on the ones they put into the sample cups and 012 I got a flimsy tiny samplet package with even less in it. Even so, there was enough for me to evaluate.

Onto the colors. The colors are hard to judge on your face unless you put one half one color one half another color on each side of your face and wait awhile to evaluate . From what I can gather my pale skin is between 001 very pale cool/neutral undertone for winter (beautiful shade for very pale skin) and & 112 (neutral leaning yellow about 1.5 shades darker than the 001) or 012 (cool leaning neutral) I could use either 112 or 012 but I prefer the 012.

002 is oddly darker than 012 and way more peachy pink. I'd say it would work if you have a light very cool skin tone but not pale/fair.

112 claims to be a yellow based, it is, but its leaning more towards neutral than yellow in my opinion. I think this shade could work for alot of pale people who have a neutral undertone or like a little yellow in the base to cover redness. 012( cool to neutral light beige) and 112(neutral to warm light beige) are equivalent in level of darkness-- just different undertone.

113 is where most true warm toned people should start. Its too peachy and dark for me. The only true versatile yellow to olive tone offered by Koh Gen Do is 213 in the Aqua line. It works great in small amounts for toning down redness and I wish they offered it in this line.

This product feels nice going on and it is moisturizing for my mature skin. Coverage is medium if applied properly and set with powder as recommended. I I recommend a freshly exfoliated face to avoid any patchiness. Wait for first layer to dry before applying more as the directions state.

I can see why this product gets raves---the finish is lovely. Once you find the best shade for you you will fall in love. I recommend this product for mature skin and people with dry skin especially for the winter.

Very pale ladies you will love 001 even if you have to mix it with another color---it's really a great color especially for the winter. If you want a little more color 012 or 112 is the next step up. The only downside is the price.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got samples from the Koh Gen Do website to get the exact color. Seems they run light. I loved the Moisture Foundation much more than the Aqua for my dry skin. It went on like a dream and I thought I'd found my holy grail...then after a hot and humid and busy workday, I came home to find it wore off the t zone and my chin. I added 1 drop of Cover FX pigment drops in N25 (Foundation #113) and it gave a medium coverage that lasted 8 hours. I am going to try the color base (primer) for my chin area which has orange peel pores that show through at the 6 hour mark. The makeup is the most beautiful I have ever used and I make YT videos and have tried over a hundred. This is totally the best ever for dry skin. Sheer and different than other makeup....it really does look like skin, not cakey at all. LOVE.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This foundation is amazing if you have really dry skin!
I have been looking for months for a foundation that gives that flawless but natural finish and this is it!
it's completely build-able and gives you a light to medium coverage.
It doesn't stick to dry patches and covers my redness and any acne scars!
This foundation is quite expensive for how much you do get, it comes in a little tube and is a lot smaller then usual foundation but i would keep buying this foundation

I use this foundation when i need a bit more coverage instead of using my too faced beauty balm cream

This foundation last all day with budging and i wear it for average 10-12 hours!
i also wore it when i went out clubbing and it lasted nicely and looked great it photos
quite dewy finish and be careful if you have oily skin because it can get a little oily but since i do have dry skin that isn't such an issue for me

I can wear it without concealer or setting powder as it gives such a natural flawless finish but my setting powder looks great with it as well!

would recommend to anyone who has dry to very skin!

Gorgeous, gorgeous foundation - I can't believe I haven't written a review of this yet! I'm a foundation-a-holic and frequently try new ones. Hardly of them ever please me because they either highlight roughness, make my skin look dry, settle in lines under my eyes making me look old, or slide and smear around. But this one...this one's finish is just perfect. It smooths beautifully over my skin hiding any roughness, making my skin look hydrated, plumped, healthy, making my under eyes look moisturized and young by smoothing over but never settling in fine lines. It also provides some decent coverage, but looks like your real skin, not like a foundation at all. But the one draw back is that on oily skin (which I have), it starts looking really shiny after a few hours. It doesn't smear around like some foundations does, but in photos especially it starts looking greasy. So I only wear this when I'm going out to events that won't last all day or late into the night. For date night, a party etc it is a perfect foundation. I could get away with it wearing it at work if I blotted it, but it's so expensive I prefer to save it for nice occasions anyway. It's my second bottle, and I will likely repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a great foundation if you want a natural but unified look. I have pretty sensitive Skin and a bit of redness, therefore I like my foundation to even out my skin but not look too heavy. The coverage is sheer to medium and buildable. It does not settle into any fine lines and is one of the few foundations I have tried that does not oxidize at all, even after several hours of wear. It has a similar finish to the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation although the Chanel one is a bit more drying on my skin.

I use 013 which is actually a bit darker than my skin tone but still the closest match. It makes for a healthy natural look and with the help of a concealer to cover any marks or blemishes, gives a flawless but still no-make up look.

It is a bit pricey but it is worth the splurge, and comes in a travel-friendly packaging.

Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation is my go to everyday foundation, and the KGD Moisture Foundation is my go to night time/ special event foundation. It has a medium coverage which can be built up, and a great 'my skin but better' look. You don't feel like you are wearing makeup and really does impart that Victoria's Secret sexy glowing from within look. The foundation acts like an air brush and really visually blurs out any textural/ discolouration issues. Though you can achieve a very flawless look with the tiniest amount of KGD powder. It looks great in photos and the fact that it is such a simplistic formulation (no mineral oil, parabens etc.) is just a plus! Definitely worth the money.

The best make up - natural, medium weight, my favorite. Love it!

The amount of product you get is really little. So for the price, I really expected a lot from this product. Unfortunately, it disappointed big time.

First, I couldn't get a right color match despite going to the Koh Gen Do counter. I'm yellow toned and even the lightest shade for yellow-toned people (#112) turned darkish/greyish-pink on my face.

Second, the coverage is very little. Even my BB and CC cream gives better coverage.

The only good thing is that it hardly transferred... or maybe because I should have used way more product? I really don't know.

A waste of my money. I don't know what to do with my remaining tube of #112.

Just awful value. Barely any product and the product you do get is average. It don't find it moisturizing and it has little coverage. Very disappointed.