October 31, 2014 | 1467 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Promaxyl - Rapidlash Eyelash Renewal Serum

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2014 8:13:00 AM More reviews by AKmedic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I started using RapidLash because I had to stop using Latisse after about two years of use (Latisse/Lumigan gave me some bad side effects such as extremely dry and bloodshot eyes, which hasn't been a problem with RapidLash). I have successfully used RapidLash for several years now with no side effects and I am quite happy with it. According to Paula Begoun's Beautypedia reviews, RapidLash Eyelash Renewal Serum only works if it contains the ingredient isopropyl cloprostenate. Again, if the RapidLash you're considering does not list isopropyl cloprostenate among its ingredients, it will not provide lash-enhancing results. I buy my RapidLash on Amazon and one tube lasts me 4-6 months. It is so much cheaper than Latisse and the results are almost as good. I haven't had any of the redness or side effects that I experienced with Latisse. I love RapidLash and I hope they never change their formula.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2014 3:26:00 AM More reviews by ekym

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using this a little over a year. I confess I’m not at consistent about applying this as I should be, but I have still seen good results. I apply this to my lashes (upper and lower), eyebrows, and to a small bare patch in my hairline. My upper lashes have always been fine, but this serum makes my tops lashes really long, I get compliments on my lashes. My bottom lashes were incredibly sparse and most of the hairs were so fine they were barely noticeable. The hairs on my bottom lashes that were already darker have shown the most improvement, becoming thicker and longer. And the super-fine lower lashes have become longer and more numerous, though they are invisible without mascara. RapidLash hasn’t been as impressive on my eyebrows (I over-plucked the tails when I was fifteen). The tail of my right eyebrow has regrown pretty well, but the tail of the left eyebrow has yet to show real improvement. Since I sleep primarily on my left side, I think the serum is being worn off before it can actually do anything to that eyebrow. The bare patch in my hairline has shown no improvement. I think that spot may be a lost cause for topical treatments, but I still apply it. As I stated before, I am inconsistent in my application, but I think my application technique has been the key to the success I’ve had: I apply the serum in the evening after letting my cleansed face air dry, I liberally apply the serum, then I wait until the serum has dried completely before continuing with my nighttime skincare routine. This is a much cheaper alternative to the many lash conditioners out there (that can cost from $80-120). I am currently on my fourth or fifth tube (I’ve lost count), and I will continue to buy. FYI: I am a contact lens wearer with drier eyes. This has never irritated my eyes, though I have noticed that the next morning I have crusty residue in the corners of my eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2014 3:03:00 PM More reviews by ValJean

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My first purchase of this was from Haute Look on sale for 1/2 price. To my surprise, this worked really well for me. I had lashes I've never had before. It did not work as well on eyebrows, but I was more concerned with the lashes. If you can get it on sale, it's worth the try. The only downside was that it left a darker red line above the lashes which was easy to cover with eye makeup. When I stopped using it, my lashes went back to normal--short and flat--making it a staple for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2014 3:32:00 AM More reviews by smp7882

I'm actually posting an eyebrow results review for this product, I have tried tons of regrowing serums for my thin and weak eyebrows and all have worked ok, but this stuff restored my eye brows to what they were when I was a teenager!! They are thicker than ever and also seem stronger in their roots! Worth the price for me and I will never stop buying ;)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2014 7:39:00 PM More reviews by Popcornshrimp

Did nothing for me after using it for 3 months, morning and night. I bought it because a girl I work with used it before her wedding and her lashes looked amazing, but you could definitely tell when she stopped using it, length wise. I would say I have normal lashes (my age) to begin with, but noticed they aren't like they use to be 5 years ago, thus why I tried this product.

I felt like the Rimmel 10 dollar product worked better, faster, and easier to apply because it has a mascara brush applicator and the tiny paint brush. Since I have green eyes and don't want to take the risk of my eye color changing with Latisse (even though amazing length results, but no volume.....with another girl I work with after 3 months of her using it), I'm going to give Elizabeth Arden Prevage one the next go.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2014 10:23:00 AM More reviews by nic499

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't review the results yet since I just received my first tube, however I wanted to offer some clarification for those concerned about receiving an expired product. I found this posted by a company representative... "Every RapidLash is stamped with a manufacture date MFG, month and year on the bottom of every tube. An unopened RapdidLash has and expiration date three years from the MFG date. For example, if the bottom of the tube is stamped with 01/13, the product expiration date is 01/16." Hope this helps! I'll update later once I can review the product itself.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2014 12:20:00 AM More reviews by MelissaIrene

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely LOVE this stuff!! So a little background here: I was getting eyelash extensions for about 8 months when I developed this awful reaction to the glue and had to get them removed.. And when I did I seriously had lNO eyelashes left, they were sparse and stubby! I was actually devastated lol :( anyways, I ended up trying lilash for the first month and it did work, my eyelashes started to grow back but it was really expensive and a little irritating to my eyes.. So I ended up switching to rapidlash and it works just as well as lilash but for like half the price!! You HAVE to be patient with this product, I didn't start to see results untill about a month and now it's been about 3 months and I could not be happier with my eyelashes! They're beautifully long, longer than they have ever been in my entire life!! Definitely worth trying this stuff if you want longer eyelashes, I think you'll fall in love with this eyelash serum like I have.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2014 4:44:00 AM More reviews by evalovespipa

Rapidlash does exactly what it claims to do but BEWARE!

I used this for a month and a half with great results. I chose to stop using it until my lashes started thinning out again (i thought would take a month or two to lose the great results) and then start using it again so i wouldn't be wasting product when i was happy with my lashes.

What happened a week after stopping use was HORRIFYING!!!!
It was like my eyelashes were having withdrawals, they became so weak and started FALLING OUT when i took off my mascara (and i am gentle!!) I suddenly had a clump of lashes missing from one eye!!!!

I had to use rapidlash to grow the lashes back into the missing clump (which it did) but once you buy this product you HAVE TO KEEP USING IT otherwise your lashes might react like mine! This product is much like the dior rose pot lip balm, in that once you buy it you are in a lifetime, very expensive investment, or else....

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2014 12:24:00 PM More reviews by Princessngirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Very disappointing - I purchased this at ulta and it has a 2015 expiration date, so I don't think it is old product or a counterfeit. I have used it daily, according to the package directions, for 30 days now and see no improvement in my lashes. I have seen a modest improvement in a bald spot on my brow line although not enough to justify the inflated price of this item. Will look for another option- this one is a failure!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2014 3:46:00 PM More reviews by Trisha456

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using Rapid Lash for well over a year now, after I first read some of the reviews here at MUA, so first I want to thank everyone who posts product reviews here - they really do help others!

This product really works for me (I say "for me" because I don't believe every product will work for every person - some people have allergies or just sensitivities to certain ingredients that can make a product not work for them, or uncomfortable to use).

It took a full month before I really began to notice good results, but my lashes definitely got longer - noticeably so……however, it did take quite a few months before I could honestly say that I noticed they were getting fuller (more lashes) as well. My lashes over the years had gotten sparser and shorter (aging sucks), and using mascara just seemed to emphasize that - they looked stubby and sparse. I tried false eyelashes but never got the hang of applying them and they just felt weird. SO I started researching all of the various eyelash enhancing serums, and after reading about a gazillion reviews I decided to try the Rapid Lash……it has worked so well for me that I have never tried any other product, so I can't compare them, but I'm happy enough with the results that I'll just stick with it. I do try to find places to get it cheaper than the typical $49, when I find it on sale I stock up. I can no longer find it on Amazon, probably due to unscrupulous sellers selling fake Rapid Lash, so now I usually just buy it at my local CVS or Ulta.

I have noticed that if I stop using it for more than a few weeks (I sometimes travel on business for a couple of weeks or more at a time), my lashes that grow in to replace the lost ones are not as long or thick, so I try to keep an extra tube in my travel bag. If I miss a night or two now and then I don't worry about it, but this is something you really need to keep using for it to keep working…..it's an investment.

As for side effects, there seem to be very few - no skin darkening or eye-color issues, but sometimes it does feel a little itchy when I first put it on - the itching doesn't last, so I try to just ignore it or distract myself with something else like reading, and it goes away. I haven't had any other issues. with it.