October 23, 2014 | 1811 users online

Hair Treatments - Redken - Real Control Overnight Treat

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2013 12:22:00 PM More reviews by cherylsharo

It comes in a small solid container with a good cap and is a pump bottle. Pumps out a nice amount and you can always use more if you like, depending on your needs. I have fine but not so silky long hair (partly because I dye) and I use this almost everyday on the ends of my long hair as a leave in after bath treatment and leave my hair to air dy. The real control line is actually not meant for my type of hair but this treatment turned out to be a good find.

Since I've started using it, my hair has a natural curl to it instead of messy strands sticking out and very soft (almost like I just did a treatment). It sinks in very well wet or dry which really was a pleasant surprise because most products will add weight to my fine hair or worse, make my hair oily. I honestly have not come across something like this amongst the hair products I have tried in the past few years. My hair looked natural, smooth and only got better in all aspects. It cost me close to SGD50 and at the rate I'm using it, it is expensive compared to other brands but it is very well worth the cost to look good especially when I go to work without having to use straighteners. Note though that my hair is generally manageable so I don't depend heavily on heat styling products in the first place.

I have not been able to test and see if the effect washes off because I use it quite often but I'd say while you use it, it feels soft outside and inside. This is a convenient product that I would recommend for everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 5:16:00 PM More reviews by makygirl8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely love this stuff! I have been looking for a good deep condition but had never seen an overnight treatment. I got it from a website based in NZ and it cost me about NZD$20 and it is working well! Last night, I applied a generous amount to dry hair (i don't like having wet hair as I sleep) and applied my wondercap (gel cap which you heat in the microwave) over the top of my hair and went to bed. This morning I lightly shampooed my hair and conditioned using my Joico K-Pak Colour Therapy conditioner and applied a little bit of Schwarzkopf Bonacure Repair Rescue Sealed Ends on my hair afterwards and my hair has been feeling AMAZEBALLS :3
Seriously, I highly recommend this product. I don't like that they have made it so expensive for 100ml but I don't care, this is worth every cent!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by jenib

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this stuff! I use it ~once a week (more often in the summer after swimming in the chlorinated pool). I have long, curly, dry, heavily highlighted hair, so it needs some TLC. To use, I simply get my hair wet with warm water to open the cuticle....then towel dry it so it's still wet but not dripping. I apply about 3 pumps of this to my hair from the nape down, then 1 more pump to the roots to the nape...then comb, put in a ponytail, apply 1 more pump to my ends only, and then clip the ends of my hair to the top of my head using one of those flat-hinge claw clips (my hair is bra-strap lenght, so it's rather long). Then, I throw an old pillowcase on my pillow and go to sleep. In the morning, I hop in the shower and rinse well, followed by a very light shampoo (scalp only, so it's not greasy) with Real Control shampoo and a bit of Real Control conditioner on the ends. One final rinse and ta da, my hair is super soft! Love it!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2011 2:21:00 AM More reviews by anthony1891

I love it so much it worked better than the john frieda and loreal put together. I couldnt believe it. I doy pay much cuz Im a hair dresser but really is an amazing when I washed my hair the following morning, my hair was sooo much silkier without even shampooing yet but worked even better after shampoo and conditioner. When dry my hair was so much shinier too. Surprised me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2011 5:54:00 PM More reviews by rocketinthesky

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff. I can't even. My hair is soooo damaged from bleach, toning, leaving in purple shampoo in forever, and the occasional heat tool (my hair looks like sh*t just air-dried, and damnit I'm only human). I've been treating my hair like a new-born child and the addition of this product to my regimen has been one of the smartest things I could've done.

The smell - lovely, very perfume-y, like all of Redken's products. DOES linger, so if you're not a fan stray away or deal!

The packaging - love the pump, so easy to get a good amount without going over. The thing I don't like, though, is that you can't see through the violet colour on the actual bottle. It's impossible to tell how much product you have left. It's also not very big, so it won't last SUPER long, although you're allowed to use it every night before bed.

consistency - can't get enough. It's very thick and creamy, but distributes fantastically. Silly me, thinking it wasn't going to distribute evenly, used 3 pumps on my relatively short hair, and I could tell I'd used too much.

Does it deliver? - DEFINITELY!!! This was one of those little kicks my hair needed to get back to when I wasn't terrified to brush my hair.

How I use it - Every single time I wash my hair, I apply 1 pump of Anti-Snap, a few sprits of Keratin Mist, a quarter size of Moroccan Oil, and 1 pump of this. My hair actually feels like hair again! Now I know this seems like a lot of product, but my hair sucks all of it right up, and I can actually see improvement, not instant gratification that I get with some drugstore products. Once a week, however, (usually the night before I shampoo it), I will apply 2 pumps to dry hair, go to bed, wake up, wash, condition, etc. and my hair feels fantastique!

One thing that concerns me, though, is that it has Shea Butter in it, which I've heard can build up if used too often. This isn't a problem, however, because I have a very good clarifying shampoo (Redken cleansing cream).

Sorry for the extensive review, but since there aren't very many reviews on this product I thought I'd give it my all. Will repurchase. =)

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2011 7:45:00 AM More reviews by o0Kellie0o

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this product about two months ago and could not recommend it highly enough. I have dead straight, fine, coloured hair which I wash every day and it was starting to feel a little dry due to the constant colouring. I use the product about twice per week.and from the first use, I could notice a difference in the feel of my hair. I would buy this again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2010 3:48:00 PM More reviews by AudgePodgeBup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really enjoy this product. I recently have over processed my hair with coloring and bleaching and my ends have been splitting and breaking. So far I just used this once but I will continue to use it on nights before washing my hair. It felt soft and healthier when I washed it.

I am also using a Pureology masque and a Moroccan Oil masque in the shower together for about 10 minutes or so. I am just trying to get my hair back to a healthier state so it can continue to grow long. My ends are bleached so alternating between protein treatments and moisture treatments will do the trick. It's important to not use a lot of protein treatments as it will eventually harden the hair enough to where it will start breaking more. The overnight treat is not just a protein treatment so it is ok to use with regular use. However I would still alternate between that and moisture just so you don't over-proteinize the hair.

All in all I like this product and would recommend it to my clients as well as a complete stranger. :) Redken always has good styling and treatment products. Let's hope they don't discontinue this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2010 2:29:00 AM More reviews by ubiquitous8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have curly hair with a high partiality to dryness and frizz. This works equally on wet or dry hair and keeps it significantly tame if used regularly. I did find it can be a bit intrusive for sensitive skin if hair is left out, just make sure you keep it tied back to minimise residue on pillow.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2010 5:51:00 AM More reviews by TheBexExpress

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff is the best Redken product I have used. It is BANANAS. It actually smells a bit like bananas, but that's besides the point.

I use this every night on my medium-textured, very thick and curly hair, and it works wonders, significantly reducing my frizz and softening my hair. Since it's curly and therefore eternally dry, I appreciate softness.

I apply it dry before I go to bed, and either rinse it or leave it in depending on whether or not I want to shower- I feel the benefit either way. I've never just put it in as a leave-in but I feel that the benefits do take time to develop so I prefer using it the way it was designed.

I always recommend this to anyone with medium hair to thicker who has either rough-feeling, frizzy or damaged hair- Real Control has protein, softening AND frizz relief, kind of like a mix of All Soft, Smooth Down and Extreme, without the oiliness of Smooth Down (it's more sort of nourishing and creamy than oily) so it's got really wide appeal. Seriously I can't recommend this enough.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/3/2009 8:17:00 PM More reviews by Seremela

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this product !! I use this as a leave in conditioner - it also works as a styler for my unruly curls, it settles my hair to a lovely curl/wave and gets rid of the poofyness. Very moisturising on my hair also. I will definitely be buying this again, even though it is expensive for 100ml of product as one pump is enough for my bra strap length hair.EDIT.... This was a bit of a one hit wonder, after only a couple of uses it ceased to have any effect on my hair other than making it more frizzy- probably very high in 'cones.Changed my rating from 5 lippies to 1.