September 21, 2014 | 2175 users online

Samples - Everyday Minerals - Try Me Free kit

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2014 2:32:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wonderful way to try out their products for next to nothing.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2013 2:21:00 PM More reviews by esther1980

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

muy bueno

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by alynnn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

With EDM you can get 7 samples for a penny plus shipping, which was about $3 for my order (I also ordered the Kabuki brush, so my shipping might have been more than usual). I absolutely love that you can pick your own colors and base types. I ordered the it and semi-mattes first, and I liked them so much that I ordered a second sample kit of all jojoba and one matte. With other brands, the trial kit comes with a predetermined sample kit, so you end up with colors that you never would have bothered to buy (i.e. warm colors for a cool skin toned girl!). So, it is nice that you get to choose with EDM. Overall, every color looked fine and blended well even if only one color ended up being my true match.

Bottom-line. I really don't see how you can go wrong with this sample kit, which is practically FREE!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2012 9:30:00 PM More reviews by LilMsJena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

The reviews on the sample packs seem a little outdated so I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents.. I think it is fabulous that EM lets you get 7 base samples of any combination formula/shade as a means of trying to find the perfect one for you! Yes, they are in tiny envelopes but I did not find it to be a big deal to put some powder onto a plate and swirl it with my kabuki brush. The small envelopes save on shipping rates and landfill waste... it only costs me $2.41 every time I need some samples sent.
I just placed my second order of base samples today because my Original Glo formula is discontinued. I need to determine if the Jojoba is the appropriate new formula to choose as replacement, and if so, which shade is best since the shades are named differently from the other formulas. I am usually a "fairly light" and use "fair" for highlighting in the summer or in the winter when I am very pale, mix the two shades together for a more customized shade...
FYI there are samples of some blushes and other face powders (finishing dusts, concealers, bronzers, etc) but what is available to sample varies from time to time (which is one thing that kinda stinks!) but the most important thing (in my opinion) is that you can sample foundations! =)
If you ever thought of sampling EM, I suggest you do so! It doesn't cost very much if its not for you!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2012 10:34:00 AM More reviews by Sandyjean

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had been a customer of EDM since the beginning. My first kit was a huge value, around 32 pieces for under $40. Everytime I checked back things were changing, but customers seemed happy so I would use EDM to stock up.
They used to have a customer board where people would comment on how they liked the product and how to use it. That completely disappeared during one of the big changes at EM.
I was running out of base and finishing dust, so I recently checked back. I found no great specials on anything. I did see they had the samples, so I decided to try some new colors.
I had been looking forward to these, as I had gotten them a while back, and the minature little containers were cute and fun, containing many applications.
To my dismay, a flat small envelop arrived in the mail. Now samples are prepackaged in a sealed container, no little jar, any longer. It is very hard and messy to try the product this way. The sample size is smaller also
I am looking for another minerals company, as this one has gotten too expensive and keep changing things, and it appears, they do not listen to their customers any longer.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2010 11:50:00 AM More reviews by JLB2005

I used to love the sample kits from EDM because I was really able to try whichever foundation shades-formulations that I wanted. If it weren't for those original custom kits, I would never had become such a EMD foundation devotée.

These pre-determined foundation kits are just plain silly. For example, the olive kit has a range from very pale to very deep. I think most of us know if we have dark or pale skin - our challenges are to (1) test if we are neutral, golden, olive, tan, etc....not if we are super pale or super dark and (2) try the various formulations - original glo, semi-matte, matte or intensive. Therefore, I think EDM has made a huge goof by changing their freebie approach. (Similarly, they are constantly changing their web site and it is just becoming more and more laborious to navigate.....EDM: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!!!!")

Quite frankly, I will not waste my postage on another one of these foundation trial kits.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2010 9:54:00 AM More reviews by MbMinx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm glad they offer inexpensive (free) trial size kits. I just wish they offered more choices. Like most other reviewers, I'm not thrilled with the pre-selected color and finish options available in the "Try Me Free" kits. I'm between "Light" and Medium" and would have preferred to hand pick my shades in case I need to mix them (which I do). Value is good - the samples are generously sized in wonderful little sifter jars. The makeup itself seems very nice. It's just the selection options that really disappoint me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2010 5:49:00 PM More reviews by agibeault

These are amazing. I got the blush kit and the natural reflections kit. You get SO much product (I feel like I'm set for blush for life...lol!) I did not choose to get the foundation kit, as they have very detailed product description and I wanted to choose my own, and choose them all in original glow (I might actually go back and try a kit to see the other finishes......haven't decided yet). My lucent face tester should be coming any day now and I'm very excited.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2010 8:24:00 PM More reviews by fihe

although I have never used the new Try Me Free kits, I've used the old ones and I must say that the new foundation selection kits are very restricting. I had found my shade a few years ago and had to use three sample kits to find it. also I don't like how there is one in each formula. although that may seem convenient, there are some finishes that some people may just want to avoid.

I gave this 2 stars because I'm sure it would be great for choosing blushes and eyeshadows, but please, NOT FOUNDATION :( they should at least have an option for a custom foundation set also, like they used to.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2010 9:43:00 AM More reviews by dianasheglova

Honestly I don't know why so many people are complaining about this.

I bought this the first time, but you only pay for the shipping, because the $5 gets discounted off your order.

Plus I know they all come in different finishes etc, but try the one you think you like, and dump the rest of them in an empty pot mix them all and use it! No waste...