Calamine Lotion

4.6

Price: $

Price: $

Active Ingredients: Calamine (6.971%) (skin protectant), Zinc Oxide (6.971%) (skin protectant) Inactive Ingredients: Bentonite, Calcium Hydroxide, Glycerin, Water (Purified)

on 4/27/2015 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I used to use this on cystic pimples I would get and it really helped. Now I use it from time to time as a facial mask and still really like it as that.

on 4/21/2015 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Love it... Oil control, clear acne and blemish.. Great makeup primer too..

on 4/17/2015 3:58:00 PM

I was so impressed by this. I purchased it due to all the reviews on here saying that this effectively dried out their pimples without being harsh.
It's so true. I got a bottle of the Walgreen's brand pink stuff for like $6.00. I had a cystic pimple forming on my chin and I've been leaving the lotion on overnight for the past two nights as a spot treatment. All I can say is wow. It's already gotten smaller and it doesn't hurt anymore like it initially did. I also used this as a spot treatment for a couple of pimples I've been having on my jawline and it's making the redness go away while also drying the pimples. This stuff is wonderful, and so inexpensive.

on 1/15/2015 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

Great little CVS find , desperation of finding product for my hormone acne and happy found it and every time sense a zit popping up apply once in morning and night and didn't flake or over dry it went away faster the chin acne clear in one day in half after applying might and five house in morning before errands and used acne concealer to give it more fighting power.

on 12/31/2014 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Background on my skin: rosacea, acne, super oily.

I use this in conjunction with Hubner's silica gel and an AHA toner (Silk Naturals 8% lactic acid is my favorite). There are reviews for each in my profile.

Moving forward, this regime has helped my skin clear up A LOT. So much that I have high hopes I won't need to go on Accutane, as both my doctor and dermatologist have been trying to push me.

My acne is caused by my oil production. It took many years of trial and error to realize this is the main culprit. And although that's great, finding a solution is almost impossible given the fact I produce SO MUCH oil. Accutane is pretty much my best bet...but that's one hell of an intense, potentially dangerous medication. So I went on a search to find products that would absorb my grease overnight without upsetting my severe rosacea. This is what's worked for me.

on 12/29/2014 7:33:00 AM

HG product, I use it on a weekly basis, on the side of baking soda masks, sugar/oil scrubs, this applied as a mask for a few hours while I bop around the house has made huge changes to my skin. I've gotten away from using almost all store bought chem based products in favour of natural home ingredients, just the very basics and Calamine is one of my favourites to deal with clearing up zits (spot treatment) or as a mask to refine pores.

on 11/27/2014 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Ok so I feel I have a genuine responsibility to tell people that calamine lotion CURED MY HORMONAL ACNE, which is so severe that I used to need an actual prescription to treat it. No other topical treatment worked -- salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, sulfur, NOTHING. I had to schlep to the dermatologist and get a prescription for Doxycycline, which I would take for a couple days around my period each month. It worked, and it was great. But then I lost my health insurance and could not get my prescription anymore. It was awful. My face flared up into a volcanic eruption of acne around my jawline. I frantically tried everything, and then finally discovered calamine lotion (so economical -- less than $2 at the pharmacy for a huge bottle!). Within three days of twice-daily application to my cystic, sub-dermal zits, all of the acne was GONE. The calamine lotion just sucked all the puss right out of them and healed them COMPLETELY. I had barely any leftover marks (they cleared within a week) and I have been using calamine lotion on my hormonal jawline zits ever since. It never fails me, and I love it. I cannot recommend it highly enough to those of you who suffer hormonal acne, especially those who take tetracycline antibiotics for it. Give it a try! It might save you money on a trip to the doctor and a prescription!

TL;DR: Calamine lotion HAS REPLACED MY DOXYCYCLINE PRESCRIPTION. That's how good it is.

on 8/6/2014 9:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Good old fashioned Calamine Lotion (or better yet - the newer Calamine Clear which does not produce that awful pink color) are great for bug bites, skin irritations and the occaisional pustule/zit. Cheap and easy to find. A medicine cabinet staple.

on 7/12/2014 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

This is my new go to for acne flare ups...I saw a review recently on Calamine lotion for acne and I thought 'but of course!' It is designed to dry up oozing painful skin!!! I did some research and found http://www.acne.org/calamine-lotion-reviews-307/ and I was amazed...tried it. Left it on for 45 minutes then wiped it off THEN did a calming honey and yogurt mask for about 45 min., rinsed that off and put on my normal moisturizer and the next morning. BAM! My skin looked gorgeous and my break out was more than 1/2 way calmed down. Did the same again and it's gone...purple marks and all. It was amazing! Guys you must try it. Please...it is cheap, they sell it at the dollar store and it works.

on 7/10/2014 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

OMG!! I had pretty good skin but then suddenly for an unknown reason, it just went crazy.
I had so many little bumps and pimples forming all over my face.
Especially, all over my forehead and chin area. I thought it would go away but it remained and got worse as the time passed.
A friend of mine had just mentioned calamine lotion so I thought why not give it a try.
My bumps were just SOO red so at this point I felt like a I had nothing to lose.
I am SO glad I did because it is the best product I have used.
I am a makeup and skincare product collector and work for a top luxury brand of skincare but wow nothing helped my skin clear up so well like this calamine lotion.
The best part is, it is $3 for a bottle!! I spent $100s on products, who knew a $3 bottle would do the job.
Now my skin is looking so clear and getting better each day.
I just apply at night after washing my face and reapply around 3 times throughout the night until I go to bed.
If you are battling with bad blemishes, give it a try because I am glad I did.

Popular Treatments (Face)