Quo Total Perfection Face Primer

3.5

on 5/21/2013 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Pros - inexpensive
- claims to have skin beneficial ingredients
- makeup does go on very smoothly
- did not break me out

Cons - Makeup starts to slide off in about an hour! Opposite of what a primer should do.

- While the jar & pump packaging is nice, the jar is clear so not sure how stable the ingredients would be.

- did nothing to smooth my largish pores over.

-made me oily - I am combo to slightly dry - that has not happened in years!

This is being returned as it does not work for ME as primer. Perhaps it would for someone with very dry skin.

on 2/11/2012 2:05:00 AM

I did not like this primer. I bought it on sale at the spur of the moment, as I was on vacation and had left my E.L.F Primer at the hotel :( This primer made my makeup feel caked on and at times it rolled off my skin like glue. I was not impressed. The packaging was wasteful as well, the pump design made it hard to get all the product.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I don't understand the point of this product. I was hoping it would smooth out my skin, make my makeup application easier, and help my foundation to last longer. However, it just left this greasy layer on my face which did nothing except make my skin look shiny and gross. My makeup looked better without it!! It was a waste of money for me.

on 8/8/2011 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I've been using the Total Perfection Primer for a few days now and am unsure if I like it. Before using this primer, I used Boots No7 Mattifying Make-up Base which I generally liked but I think it was breaking my forehead out. I decided to use the Quo Total Perfection Primer because of the good reviews on here. I was expecting a white liquid instead of a clear one... I have combination/oily skin and I think this product doesn't really "hold" my makeup well compared to Boots (I think I need a thicker primer). I use this on my eyelids too and it seems that my eyeshadow and lashliner "fade" too easily. It's also pricey (paid $23 CDN) but I think it's actually a good price considering you only have to use a little and there's actually quite a lot of product in the bottle (the packaging is great, by the way). I'll update as I use this!

Update: Yeah, I'm pretty sure I don't like this product - my skin gets oily super fast, it doesn't seem to "hold up" my foundation well.

on 5/29/2011 3:03:00 PM

Big time disappointing product! I loved the packaging and pump applicator, but the actual product inside didn't work for me. It felt super greasy and made foundation difficult to blend as it slide all over the place. Within an hour my foundation looked horrible as it was caking and sliding right off my face. If I could give this product a zero I would.

on 2/27/2011 6:49:00 PM

I purchased this only because at the time Hard Candy wasn't available in Canada and I had really been wanting to try a a primer.

PROS
Hygenic packaging
has a silky feel to it

Cons

-greasy!
-thick
- broke me out a bit
-didn't really help my m/u go on any better / smoother

Overall, I won't be repurchasing this and I don't recommend it. Go to Walmart and get the Hard Candy primer

on 2/9/2011 4:03:00 PM

Well... I have tried using this a few times, and not only does it feel heavy and siliconey, it causes my foundation to cake up a bit, and settle into my fine lines. Not good..... not good at all :(

on 12/31/2010 8:58:00 PM

I really like this primer. It's about half the price of the Smashbox primer, and I actually like this one better. It doesn't feel as oily on your skin, and really helps your makeup last.

on 11/6/2010 7:49:00 PM

This is the face primer that i have been using and it is really great! It makes your skin feel soft and silky and keeps even powder foundation on all day. The only thing i dislike is that you can't tell how much you have used and only use a verry small amount or it will look greasy.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I liked how this feels on. I put this on under my mattifying mostuizer & my skin felt so smooth. I noticed my makeup when on much better & lasted longer. I also noticed that makeup didn't seem to sink into my laugh lines which is good :)