October 30, 2014 | 1714 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Shakedown Matte Eyeshadow [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2011 5:07:00 PM More reviews by xleahcarx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Matte brown-grey color. It's nice and great last!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2011 4:33:00 PM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is definitely one of my all time fave shadows. It is a matte, neutral grey color that I think could look great on a lot of different skin tones and eye colors. It happens to look awesome with green eyes - I can say this from personal experience :) This is nicely pigmented, but blends really well. I feel that this offers the right amount of color if you want some definition, but nothing too smoky. This is $17 at UrbanDecay.com.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2011 12:37:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I agree 100% with all of the raves on this page; this deserves a 10!

The ONLY misgiving I have about Shakedown is the fact that it's being discontinued.

I'm glad I was able to snap it up at a bargain price, though, because Shakedown is WOOOONDERFUL stuff! It's luxuriously pigmented, velvet-smooth, a dream to blend. In short, it's everything a pressed powder shadow should be.

You wouldn't think a matte neutral deep taupe would be difficult to find, but for me it was. I own and adore MAC Copperplate, but wanted something just a hair darker for a crease shade. Shakedown, similar to Copperplate but a touch browner and more intense, fits the bill nicely. It's one of those wonderfully subtle absolute neutrals that adds depth and definition while emphasizing my bright green eye color.

I hope Urban Decay will either bring this one back, or release something similar.
    SAD NOTE: As of June 2012, all Urban Decay items are “will not repurchase” for me, no matter how much I like them. This regrettable situation is the result of the company’s decision to abandon its ban on animal tests, and market its products in China. As an animal lover/respecter, I will no longer do business with this company, no matter how otherwise appealing the products are to me.
    continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2011 3:09:00 AM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Shakedown is a nice cool dark brown matte shadow. The texture is amazing. This is basically the perfect crease shade or liner shade. The quality is off the charts.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2011 2:13:00 PM More reviews by dollylonglegs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is my HG crease color for a neutral eye. Such a beautiful matte neutral taupe! Like most UD shadows it's soft and pigmented and a dream to work with.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2011 11:11:00 AM More reviews by Rachelesque

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this color! It's wonderful for getting a "natural" smokey eye effect, and the matte finish means it doesn't highlight the imperfections in my eye area.

The price is a little high, but you get a lot of shadow for your money, and it will last a really long time. I've been wearing several times a week for the past month, and the pan looks like I barely touched it.

ETA: this is in the R.I.P. section now along with most of the muted matte UD shadows, so get it while you can.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2010 11:38:00 PM More reviews by PaulaNC

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have very little to add-I love this! Beautiful crease definition, great color, and I used a little raisin shimmer in the outer V today and it looked amazing! I don't like a lot of shimmer in my shadows, since I'm over 50 it's easy to look like a joke, or older than you actually are. Love this!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2010 7:17:00 AM More reviews by Deanna2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a beautiful medium taupe shade, as other reviewers have stated. It's blendable with very good staying power The thing I like most about it is that it's 100% matte. It's a bit pricey at $17.00, but a little goes a long way, so it should last me forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2010 2:36:00 AM More reviews by gigiopolis

Smooth buttery formula. Blendability is perfection. Colour is spot-on taupe. HG for natural brows for people with pale skin, black hair, but relatively light brows. <3 <3 <3

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2010 3:27:00 PM More reviews by theserpentsapple

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Shakedown is a great taupe eyeshadow, leaning more toward a deep mushroom. Not only do I love this as an eyeshadow, I contour with it sometimes. It's smooth, very easy to blend despite being matte, and it's very pigmented.