October 2, 2014 | 1797 users online

Pressed Powders - Everyday Minerals - Golden Medium

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2010 6:34:00 PM More reviews by marijinta

Package looks a bit cheap, but is very practical... Big mirror, powder matches my skintone perfectly, and I haven't noticed any dryness or impurities from using this. Always in my purse, but I only give four lippies because - I'm really not sure why, I just feel that it could be even better, small things like the design of the package and so on... ;)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/27/2010 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Affascinante

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is for Golden Medium PRESSED.

Bleek is what describes this product.

The texture I will say was smooth and silky, but putting it on the face was greasy.

Vile.

My face rejected it 100%.

I DO love their loose powder though. LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Too bad, because the pressed would have been so much more convenient than loose powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2009 4:22:00 PM More reviews by Candiez

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I recently purchased this product from Everyday Minerals. I bought the new version of their pressed powder encased in their clean, super cute, white plastic case. Thankfully, I didn't have any adverse reaction to this. The powder is very pigmented so you don't need to use a lot of the product. Personally, I like to use my EM long handle Kabuki to apply this foundation. The staying power is excellent, but I do use a primer before applying this.

Overall I love the powder and the case. The only thing I didn't find useful was the sponge that came along with it.
I think the sponge is there to protect the product from breakage during transport.

I was pleasantly surprised.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2009 9:17:00 PM More reviews by Jemll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This review is also for the newest packaging (plastic):

I wear Golden Medium in the loose mineral foundation formula and found that this matches the intensive shade. So no problem with colour matching there.

This has amazing coverage, more so than Intensive, and gives me a very matte look throughout the day. I find that I blot less.

The downside is that the powder has a funny smell. It doesn't cause any problems for my red, sensitive skin though, just a strange smell you have to get used to.

I still prefer the loose minerals because I can use them wet. But I would definitely keep this in my makeup stash for touch-ups and holidays. Great when you don't want to trouble yourself with brushes and bowls.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/1/2009 10:24:00 AM More reviews by venteux

Unfortunately I had an allergic reaction to this product. EDM loose powder foundations don't break me out or irritate my skin at all, but I hated the messiness factor with loose powders so I was excited to try it in pressed form. I have no idea what the ingredient is that my skin does not like, but I am definitely allergic to something in it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2009 8:39:00 PM More reviews by Tsukichan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

*This review is for the newest formula and packaging.
Pros:
-Buildable Coverage
-Semi-matte finish with no visible shimmer
-No "dust cloud" when applying
-Very Blendable
-Color stays true all day
-Good lasting power if set with powder/ does not rub off on everything
-Non-fragranced
-Packaging is neat and tidy

Cons:
-Does not come as a sample
-Limited color selection
-Can become cakey easily
-Tends to collect in any wrinkles or around nose as the day goes by
-Oil blotting is a must if used on combo/oily skin

This is the second day I've worn this powder and so far I'm really liking it. I've been using EM soley since 2007 and haven't looked back, so I already knew the quality would be good. Fortunately, I also didn't have a problem finding a shade because I wear this color in the semi-matte and matte powders. I've read that some people have had problems with the shade being darker in this formula than in the loose powders, but I think that it only looks darker in the pan because oils have already been added, where as the loose powders tend to darken on the skin once mixed with the oils on our faces. There is no noticeable oxidation. What does make finding a shade difficult though is that a.) there aren't as many to choose from (none of them look suitable for very fair or dark skin) and b.) the descriptions are slightly different for the p.p. vs. the same shade in loose making it a little confusing. My other gripe is that you have to buy a full-size for $12 to try it out, and there are no returns if you don't like it.
In the middle of summer, this p.p. holds up pretty well, but of course I still get greasy. After a full day of wear, I'm def. ready to get it off my face (it comes off easily btw) but with blotting and some powder it's easily refreshable. It doesn't shift around too much on the face, but it does tend to collect around the nose and dry patches. I apply with the EM flat top brush, and it's great for blending and layering. It comes with a sponge, but I just tossed it aside. I absolutely love that I no longer have to deal with powder getting all over my shirt, countertop and in the air. I don't feel like the product is being wasted now because whatever I put on the brush goes on my face and only my face. I used to hate that the loose powder would seem to disappear in the brush, and I would have to load it and load it to get minimal product on my face, and now I don't have that problem.
The texture is almost creamy, and very smooth. This is not a cream to powder, but I think the oils just really help it blend on the face. The coverage is about the same as the intensive formula, and although you could get heavy coverage with it, I think it looks best when applied with a light hand. I also noticed that it didn't rub off as much when I blotted as with the other formulas.
The packaging has come a long way from there first run of pressed powders. It's a classic compact with a clear divider that flips up to keep the sponge off the powder and it could double as a palette to mix concealers with the powder.
So far, I haven't broken out from it, and will update if I do. I love EM because their products don't irritate my already angry skin.
Overall, for a pressed powder, this one outshines many other brands, and is just another of Everyday Minerals' products that they've done right. Once they add more colors, I think this formula will be a huge hit. I most definitely will be repurchasing.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No