October 21, 2014 | 901 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Sensational in Tinted Taupe

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2013 12:07:00 AM More reviews by HaveMercyJessie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Its a very simple, and pretty color. It offers a light shimmer and feels great on my lips. I pair it with a light brown liner for everyday wear.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2012 8:51:00 PM More reviews by mikaavila94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

On my bare lips, it looks almost like it's not there (so it is a nude) but when I put some concealer before applying, I get a rosier nude look out of it, which I really love. The texture is nice and creamy but not too thick. Lasting power is ordinary among the lipsticks I have. I would not repurchase because I'd like to try other shades but this piqued my interest in Maybelline lipsticks.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2011 6:40:00 PM More reviews by auricblaze4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE IT! I bought this quite sometime ago and am about to buy a replacement. I'm about NC45 and this shade is definitely a "my lips but better" shade on me. It's a slightly browned pink and I like it for whenever I need a neutral (but not brown-y nude!) lip. Maybelline did a great job with their lipsticks! They're creamy and have decent staying power. I get compliments on this shade all the time. Expect to reapply this shade a few times throughout the day, though. The only downside for me was the weird burnt sugar, plastic smell that came from the lipstick. I can ignore it though, but it is kind of gross.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2011 12:15:00 PM More reviews by idg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The Maybelline Colorsensational Line contains quite a few "neutral" lipsticks perfect for my NC42 skin tone, and Tinted Taupe is a shade that definitely falls into that category. It is a shimmery medium-dark brown-pink that reads a lot lighter on my pigmented lips, enough so that it gives some colour without being too overbearing. (For argument's sake, I find that it leans warm and more to the pink side on my lips.) For those who are lamenting the loss of the Maybelline's Moisture Extreme lipstick in Rum Raisin, I would say to give this a try as the colour is in the same family, and may read identically depending on your skin tone. When layered, I also find the formula relatively moisturizing, and it lasts 2-3 hours without eating or drinking. I have no complaints about the packaging, either; it's nothing ground-breaking, but I've never had the cap come off in my purse. All in all, I'd say this is a great lipstick to have in your everyday arsenal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2011 9:46:00 AM More reviews by KathleenS

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this. I bought it on a whim and now it is my favorite. I like it because isn't too much of anything - not too dark, light, brown, pink, glittery, matte, expensive, etc. Just a good everyday shade to add a bit of color to your face. I will buy a few more to back up the one I have. I am not that picky about the texture of lipstick so I can't comment on that. Don't mind the smell either....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2011 3:46:00 PM More reviews by laqueron1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This lipstick is a DUPE for Bobbi Brown "Brown" lipstick, a pinkish brown. It's a your lips but better look. Wear a light gloss and you have a beautiful pout. If you are tanned skin, give this a shot. The wear and feel is great. Highly recommended (Reference: NC42).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2011 9:43:00 AM More reviews by altar_keene

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one of the most beautiful lipsticks available at the drugstore. It is a shimmery neutral that isn't too brown or too pink, it's perfection. I think this color would suit many skin tones. I have bought quite a few back ups of this becuase it is my absolute favorite lipstick and has been since it came out about a 1 1/2 years ago with the ColorSensational lipstick line. I have many of the CS lipsticks, but this is the one I most often reach for. I have made a nice dent in this lipstick. And that is saying a lot because I have about 75+ lipsticks, but I reach for this beauty over and over and over.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2011 12:40:00 AM More reviews by LEVMEALONA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This color tinted taupe looks almost identical to caramel kiss. It is slightly darker, and shows up more on the lips. Nice colors, but you do not need both.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2011 9:25:00 PM More reviews by cavalletta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This line is real hit or miss. The formula differs even between the same color. I know because my bff and I both had red revival and mine was tarry, hard to apply, sticky and hers wasnt. I didnt really care for that color either, too clownish. Anyway, I love this one. I...um tested this one on my arm to make sure it wasnt sticky. It glides on like a dream, not drying. It makes my lips look sumptuous. The color itself is exactly what I was looking for. Mlbb, not too dark, not too light, not clownishly bright. I would describe is as a pinkish, plummy brownish color. A nice punch up from my natural fairly pigmented lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2011 1:16:00 AM More reviews by Journey03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my lips but better! I have naturally pigmented lips and this color matches it 99% (1% it's a liiiitle darker than my lips). I absolutely LOVE it. It was an accidental find- it was either this or Nude attitude by Revlon, but I decided on this because when I saw Nude attitude, I know it will wash me out completely. I never liked muted, nude lips,, i don't want to look dead.. LOL I picked this up and decided to purchase it, unbeknownce that i would LOOVVEE it as much as I do! I top it off with MAC's dazzleglass in Bare Necessity and it's the perfect "nude" color without washing me out- I like a bit of my natural lip color (hence, MLBB). I hope they don't discontinue this--i would be so sad... :/ but I love it!!