Maybelline Color Sensational - Born With It

3.8

Lanolin Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Oleyl Erucate, Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax), PPG-5, Lanolin Wax, Acetylated Lanolin, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Alumina, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Acrylic Acid, Isobutyl Acrylate, Isobornyl Acrylate Copolymer, Fragrance, Pentaerythrityl Tetra Di T Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Benzyl Alcohol, Tin Oxide, Mel (Honey), Polyethylene Terephthalate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Acrylates Copolymer, Pearl Powder, Dimethicone, May Contain (+/-):, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It has taken me awhile to come to a conclusion about this lipstick. Some days I love it, and some days I really dislike it on me. (Kind of reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Jerry dates this one girl who looks gorgeous in some light and hideous in other light...but I digress)
Anyway...this literally looks like a MLBB color some of the time, and other times it makes me look like I should be one of the walkers in Walking Dead. I am NW 15-20/ I can't decide if it is because of the golden glitter in the lipstick, or simply because it is so light. I love the texture, don't care for the smell and the packaging is OK. It is non-drying and comfortable to wear, so thankfully I can change it a lot with lip liners, so it certainly will not go to waste. At this point, I will not repurchase....UNLESS I come up with a lip liner it looks so great with, I will have no choice but buy another.

as soon as I put this lipstick on I looked in the mirror and thought "that's my perfect colour" it looks gorgeous on my pale skin tone and pigmented lips. I'm not a fan of the smell and just wish it lasted longer, I find that I always need to reapply even after 20 mins of not eating or drinking. However I can't go past the colour of this. It really is beautiful. I'm going back to buy a few more so I don't run out!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I am NC10 in MAC shades (basically albino with a yellow undertone). A lot of people suggested this lipstick and MAC's creme cup. To be honest I had seen this shade before but something always looked off about it. And then upon further investigation, I learned it had a ton of shimmer. That alone was enough to kill my desire of buying it.

But I bought it today and surprisingly enough, the shimmer doesn't bother me at all. I have chronic dry lips and glittery/shimmery formulas are usually a disaster on them. Maybelline makes great lipsticks though, and the formula is so moisturizing that I don't even notice the shimmer. (Edited 7/28/2015 to add: I'm wearing this lippie today & after applying it I inspected my lips closely in the mirror. I really can't see the shimmer on my lips once applied. I know shimmer is DEFINITELY without a doubt in the formula, but I'm really pleased it doesn't emphasize the awful texture of my lips. So that's great.)

With that being said, I'm not loving the color. On my pasty pale skin this is actually a medium warm nudey pink. It's darker than my preferences. I'm sure it's a light warm pinky beige on everyone else...but I'm not going to be reaching for it unless I have a spray tan applied. Hence why I put "yes" for repurchasing, this isn't a bad product. I suppose if they did make lippies light enough for my skintone they'd be stark white for the majority of the population.

Luv the price point of this lipstick but I am too fair to pull this off by itself. Looks fantastic when I go all out w/ with smokey eye & bronzer its not a swipe on & go kind of lipstick color for me... Also needs some Chapstick under it

This is a really nice nude pink mlbb kind of shade...the only gripe I have with it is the glitter is fairly chunky and large, not really a subtle shimmer as I was expecting. I feel like because of the glitter it tends to dry my lips out faster than a lipstick would without this kind of glitter and I don't usually have dryness problems with my lips.

It is a great shade though, but I probably won't be buying again as I would like to find a shade similar to this minus the glitter.

Pros
-beautiful pink/nude shade
-I like the crayony smell these lippies have
-simple/sleek packaging

cons
-glitter is not my favorite, could do with less of it in this shade!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I've been looking for light pink sans shimmer, or with just a little shimmer, that I can wear everyday. I would also like it to be a drugstore lipstick that won't be too expensive or difficult to find. I really wanted to love this. It was a pretty pink, but I found the color to be a little more frosty than I wanted. The quality is pretty good, though. I hope I can find something I like in the Color Sensational line.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

NW13. True Summer.

This is a great drugstore answer to MAC's Creme Cup.

It is a light to medium depth, neutral pink. Not too warm, not too cool. It is not a baby pink, but more of a nude pink that swings pink. Very natural looking. Versatile.

This is a great shade of light pink with a hint of sparkle. The formula is creamy and wears really well. I am finding that I really love the Color Sensational lipsticks as this is my fourth one, they have a great slip to them and can be worn with or without liner. Love it!

This is my fav Lipstick... Love Love Love it....

Just the right shade ..Born with it lives up to it's name.....

Absolute HG lipstick. A perfect pink/nude that looks great with my fair skin. Highly recommend!

Recommended for Medium Skin