April 18, 2014 | 934 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Sensational - Born With It

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2014 7:39:00 PM More reviews by athenasius

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Hmm, truckloads of shimmer ruin a nice pink nude. Too bad because apart from the playdough smell this is a nice creamy lipstick.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2014 9:33:00 AM More reviews by arieljocelyn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I was excited to try the Born With It shade of this lipstick because it looked like it would be a beautiful, translucent pink nude and give a very natural finish to my lips. Not the case. This lipstick is actually an incredibly frosty, glittery, light pink that looks very obvious on me--not at all nude and natural. I am disappointed, because if this lipstick had been one or two shades darker with no glitter, it would have been ideal. (I've looked, and there is no other lipstick in this collection that fits that description.). The lipstick is very creamy and has a light, buttery, sweet scent; however, it doesn't have much staying power. Regardless, I hope Maybelline introduces more (matte) shades to this collection.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2014 7:58:00 AM More reviews by 1017

First, the pro...I really do like the color. It is a nice muted pink and looks nice on my NW20 skin. Now for the bad. At first application it feels thick and heavy and smells like grandma's lipstick. Second, Maybelline doesn't seem fit to put their ingredients on their products nor their website. I wish they would remedy this. I purchased the lipstick, hated the smell & thinkness but liked the color. However, after wearing for a day, my lips were having that all to familiar feeling. These are loaded with lanolin and beeswax. These are two ingredients that I need to avoid due to allergies/irritation. Sigh...I wish I had kept the receipt.

And let this be a reminder 1017...no matter what hype, don't repurchase these.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2013 6:14:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

This is such a beautiful shade. It's a classic pink that's not too warm, not too cool and
not too bright. It almost comes off like a nude, but it's definitely a pink and is so flattering .I love the formula too, which is creamy, not the least bit drying and the scent of Maybelline lipsticks is to die.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2013 6:40:00 PM More reviews by kabanger

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

ITS JUST LIKE A BASIC LIGHT PINK LIPSTICK. ITS LIGHTER THAN IT LOOKS AND A LITTLE SHIMMERY. ITS NOT FLASHY ITS ALMOST NUDE, BUT IT LOOKS GOOD AND ONE YOU CAN PUT ON WITHOUT A MIRROR AND NOT DRYING. PROB BEST IF U ARE COOL-TONED AND FAIR SKIN.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 12:02:00 PM More reviews by ummimtrish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My absolute favorite pink! I normally can't stand shimmery, frosty lip colors, but this one looks beautiful. It's one of those shades that's "barely there" and natural, but it has something extra because of the shimmer. I love it, and I would suggest it to pretty much everyone.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2013 6:40:00 AM More reviews by addied

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wished someone had told me it was a little frosty. Still, it's a good pink, perhaps not quite my nude shade but still fabulous.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2013 1:07:00 PM More reviews by shoewhore

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a nude shade with pink undertones. On it's own, I'm not blown away by this lipstick. But once I paired with Esscence Nude Kiss lipgloss on top...OMG, perfection!

Edit: Initially I was not sure if I'd buy this again, because I want something that looks like this combo without having to pair two products together. But the more I look at my lips, I don't mind if I don't find something else. I'll just buy this again & use it with the Esscence Nude Kiss on top. It really is a gorgeous combo!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2013 10:58:00 AM More reviews by mskittenmittens

This is the perfect pinky-nude color for my skin tone. I thought it would make me look washed out since I figured it was for cooler skin tones and not mine (which are yellow-toned), but it surprisingly didn't. Unfortunately, it settles into the deeper lines in my lips, so there's brighter streaks here and there that i have to wipe off. It can last for several hours without eating or drinking. The issues I have with this product are not enough to prevent me from buying it again because the color is so pretty and lasting power is decent enough. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 7:18:00 PM More reviews by Stellaburke

perfect nude! mac creme cup dupe!