Maybelline Color Sensational - Peachy Scene

3.7

on 7/21/2014 1:54:00 PM

This is a ok peach color but it has frost in it which I didn't exactly expect. NOT REPURCHASING!!

on 10/18/2013 10:23:00 PM

This is a gorgeous true peach color with pearl finish. Maybe the slightest, teeniest, tiniest hint of pink (which only becomes apparent if I am actually wearing pink). Love it for spring and summer! Heck, I'm still going to wear it in fall and winter, because it's so incredibly pretty and flattering! :)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I can do without the frost with this lipstick. It's a good thing that the frost factor is very subtle. Any more amount of frost would be a total nay for me. Peachy Scene is a beautiful pinky-peach on my light-medium yellow toned skin. It lasts a decent amount of time and doesn't worsen the dryness of my lips. I will definitely repurchase this again.

on 8/4/2013 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Shade description: warm peach w/pearl finish

Pros

- pigmented
- creamy

Cons

- drying
- frosty

Comments: This is a true peach with a pearl finish, but it still appears frosty. It would be a nice lipstick if it weren't for the finish.

Will not repurchase.

on 1/2/2013 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I love the whole color sensational line, and this color is fantastic. I've been looking for a warm pinky-peach color for ages, and this is exactly what I wanted! I don't see the frosty tint to this that other reviewers mention, just a lovely moisturizing lipstick with superb color pay-off and wearability.

on 2/24/2012 9:08:00 AM

This is currently the best drugstore lipstick I have. I have naturally reddish color lips and I have heard that it is good to choose lipsticks that have a bit darker color than you lips, so I tried this lipstick and I love it!! The color covers up the dark color of my lips and it doesn't look really dramatic, which totally suits everyday use. It also has a bit of a shimmer in it, so it's not super matte, which I don't really like. It is somewhat moisturizing in the beginning, but I still suggest putting on lip balm before this lipstick. The smell is also really nice, kind of buttery :) Plus, since it's a drugstore product, the price is not expensive at all, so I will definitely buy one if I'm on budget.

on 2/11/2012 4:40:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

it gives off a very matallic sheen and i dont like that, for those who don't mind you'll love this product.

the color is very pigmented, the scent isnt too bothersome

on 12/29/2011 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love the colour, but I hate the frosty finish! It's a nice light pink that leans towards a coral and has semi opaque coverage. This colour suits warmer skin tones and is very wearable on a day-to-day basis. The formula of this particular shade was a bit too drying for my liking. Don't buy if you hate frosty formulas! That was my big mistake. If Maybelline made a creme finish with the same colour, I would repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a beautiful frosty warm peach shade. Lovely in the tube but made me look washed out and just...blah. (NC25 here) In my 20's I wore shades similar to this but had used heavy lipliner to give it more life and make it look right on me. With the right technique it gave me a fuller, plumper lip look. These days I stick to creme lipcolors that don't require as much effort. Also I am really disliking the playdoh scent & chemically taste that seeps into my mouth upon application. It's a bit bothersome. Overall nice lipcolor but just not for me. I'm swapping it for another color since it was a gift from my sweety but I am going to tell him to stop buying me Maybelline lipsticks until they get rid of the strong taste. The scent is somewhat bearable for now I guess. UPDATE: I was planning on swapping this for another shade but ended up keeping it to try to make it work. If I dab it on lightly, use lip pencil then top it off with clear gloss it is very nice looking. Once it's gone I still won't get another since I just don't care for the frosty finish.

on 8/4/2011 6:14:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

mm i didnt find anything special about this lip color. i lvoe the texture of colorsenational lipsticks and this one is just as great in quality as all the other ones i have. if you dont like sheen lip colors then dont get this, it looks metallic when i apply straight to my lips, it helps tone down the sheen if u rub with ur fingers tho.

Popular Lipsticks