October 1, 2014 | 1830 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Sensational - Park Ave. Peach

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2013 7:04:00 AM More reviews by Superbeckyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Admittedly I only bought this lipstick because I'm on a low-buy this month and it's a really excellent dupe for MAC See Sheer, a shade I've been lusting after for ages to suit my red hair and pale cool-toned skin.

I couldn't find this shade in Superdrug or Boots, but I found it on both Ebay and Amazon for a few pounds. And for my first Maybelline lipstick, it was a pleasant surprise! The formula is also quite similar to MAC Cremesheen, creamy and not very drying at all, but I'd still recommend applying a lip balm a while before application if you're prone to dry lips. If you're not used to applying lipstick often, the more pointed end makes precise application that little bit easier. The packaging isn't anything to get too excited about, but the stand-out dark red clear plastic and silver tube makes it easy to spot this product amongst my lipstick collection.

The colour is a wonderfully wearable light coral-y red - it can be layered for more impact, but if you're looking for a suit-all everyday coral that isn't too bright, this is one to try. And for the low price it can't really be beaten, even if you have to order online! I've already ordered another, so I have one in my bag and one at home. Definitely worth a try for anyone who's interested!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by SwingDancer87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

Park Ave Peach is the perfect dark peach or reddish coral color for light skin. It is extremely flattering on me and it has a creamy feel. The color lasts about 3-4 hours. I think this color looks great with my blonde hair. It looks warm and rich and will be a great summer lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2012 5:17:00 PM More reviews by ochoseis

This color is so pretty!!! I have mauve/rosey pigmented lips, so I dab a dot of concealer (or more recently I discover Claudia Stevens lip fix mix) to get a neutral base, then I apply this color and is oh so perfectly orange, coral peachy, it gives radiance to my skintone and I love the way it photographs.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2011 7:48:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

park ave. Peach is a dark peach with a little bit of shimmer.it shines a little bit,last long,creamy. Verry nice with any bronzy look!goes well with :nude,brown,brown/gold,beige/brown,purple,peach,black eye shadows!love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2011 8:18:00 AM More reviews by luckylouie

Very pretty but a tiny bit too light in colour for me. If you are looking for a dupe for Revlon Superlustrous Coralberry, this is pretty much it. I have ticked I won't rebuy because I prefer the Revlon Coralberry, but they really are extremely close. The main differences are the Revlon has better staying power and no taste or fragrance, it's also a little bit more opaque in texture. For the price the Maybelline is decent and I would recommend it for people with lighter colouring than mine which is light olive skin with brown hair and eyes. Probably better on blondes, blue eyed brunettes or people with darker olive skins that look good with pale lipstick.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2011 2:14:00 PM More reviews by Indigirka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

More of a coral than a peach, despite the name. I suppose it could be described as a muted coral or a dark peach, or a bridge between stereotypical peach lipsticks and coral. At first, I found this to be too blah of a coral at best or a MLBW (my lips but worse) at worst. But after revisiting it in my lipstick stash while trying to clean it out, I've decided it suits me (ha, if you look at my last few reviews on Color Sensational lipsticks you can tell I'm not as good at purging lipsticks as I'd like to be). I think it could suit many skin tones and is a potential (on-the-orangey-side-of-)MLBB for many. Or it could be the perfect coral for those who are scared of brighter and/or darker coral lipsticks. And, like another reviewer, I love the name!*

*though, of course, I don't endorse buying lipstick or any other product for the name, no matter how unique or kooky or classy or edgy or [insert miscellaneous marketing images here] it makes the product sound - unless you'd have also been attracted to the color had it been named something like "#11." I'm convinced that's how some (cough, Urban Decay) make half their money, but that's another story.

[It has the shortcomings of the Color Sensational line. I prefer no scent or the fragrance of L'Oreal lipsticks to the "play doh" smell of Color Sensational, and they apparently go rancid faster than other drugstore lipsticks (see reviews). But this line has some colors not found elsewhere and is fine when not rancid.]

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2011 2:06:00 PM More reviews by lgbnaf

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

NC20-ish w/neutral/olive undertones. This has become my everyday go-to color. I would describe it as a tomato red. There are no brown or muddy undertones just a clear peachy toned red. It can be full blown brightness or adjusted easily with gloss for a more understated look. I am looking to hoard this if I could only find more.
Pairs awesomely with Milani Mai-Tai blush. Gives a fabulous healthly look for summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2011 10:23:00 PM More reviews by dididianee

Before I review about this shade, please be aware ladies: be sure to check your tube before buying it! If it's lumpy GET ANOTHER TUBE. I made a mistake of buying one lipstick in a different color (cant remember which one, perhaps Hook On Pink?) without checking the condition of the product. When I went home to try it on there were lumps on the exterior of the lipstick. At first I thought it was air bubbles but as I swiped more of the lipstick on WHITE clumps appeared! I believed it was talc that wasn't thoroughly mixed in! When I smooshed the lipstick to see how much more talc was in it I was horrified. At least half the product was made up of the unmixed talc! I took a picture and complained to Maybelline and they sent me a coupon to buy another one for free.

I took my chances, CHECKED THE TUBE this time and bought one in this color. Anyhow, I find this a lovely warm-peachy-pink color that complimented my skin tone really well and helped 'bring life' to my face on days that I look like a zombie. It glides on your lips if you have applied chapstick beforehand. I find that it sort of 'clumps' with my dried flakes when I don't. The product itself is drying at times. I'm on the fence about buying this again, but for the color itself I'll put a yes for now.

And please DO CHECK your lipstick prior to purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2011 12:37:00 PM More reviews by debb37

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

All I have to say is that this lisptick color is my hands down all time favourite!!! Layered over my lipbalm, it lightens up my dark red lip colour to a really warm natural glowy "just kissed really well" peachy red colour. The color just seems to bring my face to life and even with no makeup on, I look healthy and glowy...I can't seem to stop saying that but its sooo true. I'm going to be stocking up on this so I'll never be without it again.

It's also great for evening, just using a couple of coats for more saturated colour with a teeny bit of shimmery gloss on top. My lips, only better. That way I can play up my eyes without worrying about clashing 'wrong' lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2010 2:09:00 PM More reviews by pishtosh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I saw this mentioned on youtube as a dupe for MAC's See Sheer, a lipstick I'd be lemming for a while - I wanted something to pair with NARS Orgasm blush and I didn't really own anything that worked. And Maybelline's is about half the price - isn't it lovely when that happens? I'm neutral to cool-toned, I use MAC products in NC20, so I wasn't sure this would work on me, since it's very peach, but I was pleasantly surprised. This colour really brightens up my face. It's just bright enough without looking garish. The only things I would change is the fragrance - yuck! I've heard that some of the CS lipsticks smell like vanilla and others smell like playdough. I definitely got a playdough : ( And the texture/finish is drying on my lips. I layer this over balm and am going to have to start wearing a layer of balm over top or a moisturizing gloss b/c when this lipstick sets, it definitely makes my lips look dry and a bit yucky. But it's worth it, for the colour and the price. : )