Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick - Warm Me Up

4.1

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was just about to give up on trying drugstore lipsticks, tired of the trial-and-error in buying lipsticks that never seemed to work. Then I came across Warm Me Up, which is grouped with the 'Natural' colors. It's deceiving because I don't find it to be warm toned or nude at all, but more of a neutral rosy pink. It is similar to MAC Brave but is slightly lighter and has more of a sheen. Brave is more pigmented and opaque and can look a bit flat and dry on the lips. I like the Maybelline better and could easily say this is my favorite lipstick right now.

This lipstick was everything I wanted all of the other mauvey brown lipsticks to be. I got this because I read the color was similar to Nyx Butter Lipstick in the shade Pops which i also love but leans slightly more brown on me, however the formula for Nyxs version is so slippery and smudgy that I felt it wasn't really worth trying to find another one (Nyx is hard to find in Canada) after mine broke. This formula is fantastic. It goes on very buttery but has a great staying power on the lips for such a moisturizing formula. It will however transfer easily to a straw or glass but that is quite common with lipsticks to me. I can set it by placing a thin bit of tissue over it and pressing some translucent powder on it which helps but also mattifies.

The color is a little bit darker than my own lips and more mauve than brown. Its a great color which doesn't really seem particularly warm or cool on my ghost white skin. It reads very neutral but very polished. I like it best with a cool taupe eye look.

My biggest regret however is that this formula has a scent that is, to me, the definition of "old lady lipstick smell". Its like sweetened playdough and takes a while to go away. Not a fan at all. But this color is a great every day shade for fall and winter and it fades gracefully after about three hours so all in all this is a drugstore keeper.

I didnt want to splurge on Mac`s Brave(you know, the kylie jen craze!!!), so I got this, a dupe. This is one tone lighter than Brave but the finish is the same. Its an opaque /sheer nude brown.

You cant get an exact dupe but close enough. Works for me. On its own its simple looking. Paired with Mac`s Whirl, it`s sophisticated. This is great for everyday /office wear .Its polish looking. I like this.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I feel like this lipstick is too pink to be in the brown packaging of the Maybelline lipsticks. It should be included in the pinks. It's a pretty color, but not something I reach for often. It's a warm pink that applies slightly sheer but its buildable.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this after I read the MUA reviews, and I am so glad I did! I have a hard time with nude lipsticks. I generally look like I am dead. I tried MAC Blankety, Myth, and Velvet Teddy and looked like a zombie! Saw the reviews and decided to try this....perfect HG nude for me! Just enough beige and pink to look natural...and inexpensive too! I actually picked up a back up tube, just in case. I am what is considered "cool to neutral" complexion wise, just for reference. Not in love with the smell of the lipstick, but that is a small price to pay for a great color and a lipstick that leaves lips feeling smooth, not dry!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Beautiful soft pink with a bit of brown mixed in there, darker than my natural lip colour (I'm quite pale and my lips have little colour). This applies evenly, no pilling, doesn't dry my lips out and last about average on me (which is pretty good). I bought it because I read it was a dupe of Mac Brave and I didn't want to spend the $18 on a mac lipstick. Would repurchase.

I have almost no natural pigment in my lips, so I have to be careful with my lipstick selections. For me, there is no such thing as MLBB. This lipstick really doesn't look great on me. It's too pink, and too light, and without blending it with a dark lipliner, washes me out.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The formula of this line of lipsticks is thick and creamy, somewhat dry, and lasts on me for about three hours, but I like to reapply my l/s often, so if it feels like it is fading I do. It smells like plastic or play-doh. The packaging is sturdy. The color Warm Me Up is a pink/brown, and is the exact same color as my lips. It adds a nice depth to them, and is perfect for subtle makeup looks or when you want a dramatic eye. I like the way this feels on my lips because it has almost no slippage. It feels firm, if that makes sense. I will repurchase this.

This is my favorite color lipstick. I'm NW20. It feels great going on and had just enough sheen to it. My only problem is that it doesn't wear very long. I usually don't bother with liner, but that might help. It's definitely MLBB, pinkish brown. It doesn't wash me out at all.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Im around mac nc45/revlon rich ginger. This color is seriously mlbb. Its a nudey pink for me. It goes more pink than nude. Its not too light or chalky looking at all. I dont like that it has glitter in it. I cant even see the glitter on but it makes it feel grainy when rubbing it across my lips. I could seriously wear this color and it looks like im not wearing anything. Its almost full overage. I have a darker toned upper lip and it make the upper lip match the bottom lip.

I interchangeably wear this color and pink me up daily. I like them both. They are everyday pinks that can easily be worn by woc.

Recommended for Medium Skin