July 31, 2014 | 937 users online

Powder - Affera Cosmetics

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2013 11:56:00 PM More reviews by RottnK9

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am a convert. For a little over a year now, I have switched to using Affera mineral powder and bronzer for my face exclusively. These products have significantly helped the condition of my sensitive skin as and do a wonderful job covering my dark spots. The product makes your skin look lovely and dewy and feels like you are not wearing anything at all.

I have recently tried their eye shadow as well and the pigments hold their colour without a primer-base and are easy to blend and intensify using a simple sponge applicator. However, it is necessary to use the back of your hand as a palette to properly get the correct intensity of colour lest you enjoy looking like a clown.

Finally, I also love the fact that these formulations are truly all-natural and do not contain Bismuth Oxychloride, like the mineral makeup I was using previously.

I had a slight issue with the packaging but once reported, the owner of the company rectified the problem promptly and sent me a new powder free of charge -- another great reason to deal with small businesses and owners who love what they do.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2009 12:26:00 PM More reviews by ReggieJackson

This is a new product which is made in Burnaby BC. I have tried tons of mineral make ups. I first saw this at a local farmer's market. A month later I ran out of my Halo and went back to BE for a bit just to use up what I had. Well my skin broke out especially when I used the mineral veil. Cornstarch is not good for acne prone skin! I emailed the maker of Affera to find out where to get it and she responded right away. I was able to purchase a sample size first which was great. My skin calmed down right away and almost a week later is SO much better. If you don't like mineral make up you may not like this, as it can be a bit messy, but the coverage is wonderful. It only has a few ingredients and the blush is so pretty. It has a nice sheen to it and has SPF 25! You can order online too! http://www.afferacosmetics.com/