September 30, 2014 | 1770 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Urban Decay - Complexion Primer Potion-Brightening

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2014 1:10:00 AM More reviews by Katmetology

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love that this primer is smooth but still without silicone. It's moisturizing too, but not so much that my makeup slips and slides. It extends wear by an hour or two on my combo skin.

My only complaint is that it's not exactly brightening or tightening -- not that I care really, but it is called Brightening and Tightening, so it should be so.

It doesn't fill pores quite as well as a silicone primer, but for me, it's a fair trade for the lighter texture. YRMV.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by Z67

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Dang, this is good!! I got a sample from Sephora and then bought a full sized one from Ebay recently (paying less than retail, hello!), and now I can say that this is starting to become one of my favorite (maybe HG status?) primers. I have dry skin, and most primers sit on my face making the dryness become more apparent and uncomfortable. This is smoothing, hydrating, lightweight..it's better than my MAC Prep n Prime :/ Sorry MAC! Makes my makeup go on smoother and better, also longer lasting! Yay! Repurchase, yes! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Hoyman

I love this primer. It feel light weight. I bought this with Urban Decay skin foundation. I will go back for setting spray and eye shadows. It make my make up last longer and look smoother too.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 9:26:00 PM More reviews by melinamarie5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this face primer, it is my fav!! Just let it dry for a couple of seconds and then put your foundation on and it will stay on ALLLL day ( with some help with some setting powder of course) . This primer makes your face feel very soft.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2013 2:53:00 AM More reviews by taryn33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My tube says "brightening and tightening" on it. After a few days of use, I've decided it definitely brightens, but I am not sure about the tightening. I don't think I need tightening, so perhaps that's why I don't really notice it...? I'm not sure. But the brightening I can see, even at the end of the day. It is very light in texture, I don't even know if it's there once it leaves my fingertips for my face. Overall, I like it. I might end up liking it more than others, but these things tend to take me weeks to decide. I should mention that I moisturize (with a basic ponds moisturizer) before applying the primer, and this might be why I do not feel a residue like others have mentioned. Also, I have been using a ponds facial cleanser that claims to brighten as well for awhile now. While that product did increase a bit of glow-- the conjunction with this primer has made my skin noticeably brighter. It may well be the combination of products.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2013 2:33:00 PM More reviews by leucadia

Like one of the other reviewers mentioned, it is light and airy. I have big pores and am in my early 40s. Tried other pore smoothing primers that hide pores, but does not last long. This primer however tightens and feels light and fresh. i have been looking for good primer and I am happiest with this. They were sold out though at Sephora and Macy's so will travel to another Sephora for this primer.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by nunyabidniz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Didn't brighten, nor did it help my makeup stay on longer or go on smoother. All it did was feel icky, like smearing bacon grease on my face. Evil bacon grease which, instead of remaining in its greasy state, turned into some invisible bizarro mask - ultimately sucking out any remnants of moisture left in my skin. Would not buy again. Might even give the Urban Decay display the side eye next time I pass it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2013 3:54:00 AM More reviews by Ravishingx3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Does it brighten? Not at all but I prefer it this way
Does it make foundation last longer? Yes
Does it make complexion/foundation smother? Yes! Very much so!
Does it provide oil control? No... requires blotting but prevents fdn from lifting off to much
Repurchase? Not right now, willing to try others

I feel like this causes me to get acne bumps under the skin. I hadn't used this in a week and half and my skin was nice. Then I used them and now my skin isn't smooth anymore. Will avoid this product for sake of my skin!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2012 8:56:00 AM More reviews by Calincherie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

There's nothing about this product that made my makeup stay put or last longer. It leaves a strange film on top of my skin that I don't like.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2012 4:37:00 PM More reviews by seven12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am in my early 30's with dry, sensitive skin. Heading into the winter months, I thought this primer might work well to give my skin a smoother appearance. The fact that it contains hyaluronic acid (a great lightweight moisturizing ingredient for dry skin!) made it very appealing.

The primer went on smooth, didn't irritate my skin and didn't break me out. However, after about 8 hours of wear (underneath Estee Lauder Double Wear Light) my skin felt drier than usual and looked red, flaky and uneven all around my forehead and eyes. I plan on giving this another try during the warmer months when my skin is less dry. Overall though, I feel like this product would work better for someone with normal or combination skin.