December 20, 2014 | 1576 users online

Eye Primer - Victoria's Secret - Pro Lasting FX Eyeshadow Primer

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2012 11:42:00 PM More reviews by Disnep

This is my first eyeshadow primer and it is just OK. my eyeshadow show more after useing this and will make my shadow creaseless for couple hours, and that's it. It goes to $12 which is way more expensive than what it really are since I can get the UDPP in set for $28 and some drugstore one just perform that same only cost 5-6

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2012 5:47:00 PM More reviews by gildoush22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

better invest in the UDPP, best ever, this one is sooo runny and liquidy. not long lasting, doesnt bind to the skin easily.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2012 12:46:00 AM More reviews by TakenByHim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried a lot of different eyeshadow primers and I would say this is probably one of the worst ones. I was using this for a while after I ran out of Too Faced Shadow Insurance. I have dry eyelids and I normally do not have problems with eyeliners smearing and migrating but when I was using this, it was horrible. I have a feeling, this stuff just doesn't set well as it does have a wet type of consistency.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2012 9:42:00 PM More reviews by nik89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this primer quite some time ago. I did not get into primers for some time and VS was my first eyeshadow primer. I have to say that it goes on really smooth and holds the eyeshadow very well! It was not that expensive at all. Sometimes you gotta dish a little more cash for a good product! In fact I used it this morning at 6 a.m and it's still working at 8:45 p.m! Lasts through my work days for sure. Keeps pigment in eyeshadow looking good.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2012 9:16:00 PM More reviews by lizmolina1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great primer!I Bought this primer yesterday and i tried it today for the first time.Its been all day and my eye-shadow is still looking good and it hasnt creased!I love this product and i will buy it again.Oh and its not expensive considering the price of other high-end products like MAC.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2012 9:43:00 AM More reviews by angiee0215

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

So you know those stupid things you get from VS that are 10 dollars off any purchase and I am always like What the hell am I going to use this on since evertyhing costs 50 dollars and you can never use it on items that are on sale. Well I used it on this. So, I got this item for 2.50 which is a great deal and it works amazing. I use this with my high end shadows and my elf shadows and it makes them stay all day long. I will continue to buy this as I get more 10 dollar coupons :) For reference if I do not use eye primer my lids get SUPER oily and my eye shadow creases so oily skinned gals this should work for you like it did for me
EDIT: I still love this stuff. The only thing that can occur is sometimes my eyes get a little itchy from this. I have VERy sensitive eyes However, this feeling goes away in about 5 minutes after application.
EDIT 12/10/2012: Still love and use this stuff. I am still on my first bottle but realizing I am slowly running out
EDIT: 1/8/2013 Still love this stuff! I am still on my first bottle and I think I am getting near the end of the bottle and the stuff still works amazing. I use this daily on my eyes and it lasts forever
EDIT 03/28/2012: I used it up! Near the end of the bottle, it tends to get a little greasy and doesnt work as well, but that doesn't bother me for the price or performance before. I will not be repurchasing because I like mac PP better since they can conceal and prime (since I have red eyelids) but if I didnt have any discoloration issues with my eyelids I would repurchase! So, I am keeping it as a yes because I really did love this product

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2012 10:15:00 PM More reviews by PiMehMeh

I am a bit of an eyeshadow junkie but I tend to be a budget runner as well, so I really strayed away from Urban Decay Primer Potion (and well, it felt too thick on my eyelids, and even naked, my eyelids tend to feel heavy as is). So I went ahead and tried out VS PRO's eyeshadow primer and loved that felt far lighter than UDPP and didn't compromise the intensity of my eyeshadows from day to night. If any fading occurred, it usually had to do with the eyeshadow itself (I use more drugstore shadows than prestige), not the primer. I never had creasing with this.

Although the formula for this primer is light on the eyes, it can feel a little oily and greasy so it's a hit-or-miss for those who don't have dry or normal skin. I myself have oily lids that just get oilier throughout the day, but just a dot of this primer on each lid somehow keeps that in check without weighing my eyes down.

Sometimes when I use this, the tube (I've only bought the tube packaging, not the new wand packaging) does dispense oil before the product, in which case I just keep dispensing until the product pushes out the excess oil. Albeit if there's no oil it does dry out the product faster, so I would squeeze with caution.

Also, compared to primers from UDPP and NYX HD Studio Photogenic Eyeshadow Primer (which comes closest in texture of all the primers I have tried so far), this one isn't entirely creamy in texture, in fact it's slightly grainy. I personally love the texture because it feels like an eyelid massage while spreading it.

I loved this enough that I bought three tubes of it back while it was still a squeeze tube formula. Since they revamped their packaging (and possibly their formula—haven't tried this one yet), the price of this primer has been going up in $2 increments. It used to be $8, then it was $10, and now it's $12. It's still relatively inexpensive, but I have since moved onto trying NYX's HD eyeshadow primer which has similar packaging and product consistency as VS PRO's, but for $5-$6 (I actually picked this up at ULTA for $3 during a BOGO sale).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2012 10:15:00 PM More reviews by xChii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this for my under eyes and it works so well in maintaining my concealer =)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2012 10:58:00 PM More reviews by mchammer87

This primer works reasonably well. It helps extend the life of my eyeshadows for a few hours and is reasonably priced, but if you want a good eye primer that will truly help your shadows last all day or all night, the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion is definitely the way to go.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2011 4:29:00 AM More reviews by Kalabing26

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this primer for a while now. it was only 8 dollars but now they have a newer one in different packaging for 12 dollars which sucks. but the primer is really good. i used UDPP for a while and that was good to but this does the job for a little bit cheaper. i never get creasing or anything with this primer. my shawdows last all day and the product goes a long way and lasts a long time.