Lacura Nail Polish

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/1/2015 4:35:00 AM

Really impressed with these polishes. Having read all of the reviews on MUA for Lacura polishes, I wanted to try them. So, when Aldi did their make up sale (they don't generally sell them, but only have them on sale 2-3 times a year, for a week at a time), I bought 2 of each colour, just in case. And they are all good quality and an incredible value for money. Can't wait to see if they have different colours on their next make up week.

on 8/18/2013 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I bought the red 5 years ago and it's still working.

on 3/31/2012 1:35:00 AM

This is Aldi's own label nail polish.

I had heard a lot of great things about Aldi's beauty products for many years but was too much of a snob (or shall I say idiot) to buy any.

Anyway, about a month ago after a friend was raving about Aldi beauty products I went in an bought 1 polish for £1.99 for 10ml.

The colour is very pretty a bright feel-good red.

This is the longest lasting nail polish I ever came across!
It lasted 5 days with no chipping at all and hardly any scratching.

I am a nail polish addict and own about 200 polishes lots of Chanels, OPI and Diors but this little beauty from Aldi beats them all.

This Aldi polish is much better quality than any of the premium brands (I have tried them all) .
I went back to Aldi a week later and bought 3 more polishes and they are superb as well.

This goes to show that you cannot judge a product by its price tag.

The Germans definately know what quality is !

on 12/2/2011 7:44:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I was really impressed with this nail polish - I wasn't expecting much, them being so cheap and from Aldi lol. I bought one in classic red, which is a classy dark red. I only needed one coat for an opaque colour, which is impressive in itself, as I hardly ever use just one coat. Usually if I wear nail polish to work - especially dark colours, it chips and looks terrible afterwards. This one didn't though! I'm so excited to find a polish that is great in itself - great colour, chip-resistant - and the added bonus of being such good value for the price. I'm definitely going to pick up a few more the next time I'm in Aldi :)

EDIT - the nail polish turned gluggy and too thick to use, after only a couple uses - I guess you get what you pay for.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I bought one of these in shade 405, a wonderful dark seductive red. It's become a staple of my VAST nail polish collection. It goes on very smooth and dries nicely, 2 coats and it's perfect, some people could get away with one. the color itself is such a classic and the formula is great. you can't beat this stuff and I plan on picking more up next time I am at the Aldi!

on 2/14/2011 12:46:00 PM

Full Size Image

Colors are 406 Salsa Red, 402 Cherry Red, 405 Classic Red, 104 Rum Raisin, 107 Pure Pearl, 800 Crystal Glow. $1.49 at Aldi. All are made in France except 406 Salsa Red which is made in Germany. They come in a shrink wrapped box. I threw away the plastic and recycled the paperboard box and insert. I guess since it comes from overseas the boxes prevent breakage.

The nail polish seemed fresh and easy to apply and not thick and old like it had been on the shelf a long time. I put on two coats since that makes my manicure last longer but you could get away with one coat even with the Cherry Red if you apply carefully (not esp streaky).

I will followup with how long it lasts.

on 2/10/2011 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

The Lacura brand nail polishes available at my local ALDI (discount grocery chain in the midwest) for $1.49 each are THE BOMB! I have quite a few nail polishes and usually wear OPI or other "professional" quality polishes but I have to say that the Lacura brand polishes are just as good at a fraction of the price. My favorite so far is the dark, vampy red, I believe the color name is "cherry red". I think there are only about 5 colors to choose from, and they are all pretty and "safe", but the quality is outstanding and the price is dirt cheap. If you like reds and office friendly neutrals I would definitely give these a try! They apply well (2 coats to bottle color, no streaks) and are very chip resistant, as good as anything else I've worn! They are, however, quite overpackaged in the store. They come in a celophane wrapped box that I could do without. Overall a wonderful product and I will purchase again, especially if new colors become available.

on 2/3/2011 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I agree with the other reviewers…WOW! I am working my way through the Lacura product line by picking up a new product every time I’m at Aldi’s. This nail polish is another winner! I have Cherry Red, which is just the kind of deep, vampy red I love (think Revlon’s Vixen). The bottle is petite (.34 oz.) yet still an amazing value for the price ($1.49). I love the brush, its not wide but it sort of “flattens out” on the nail so I can coat the whole nail in one swipe. Drying time is average, about 5 minutes until its dry to the touch. There’s no streaking or bubbling. It takes 2 coats to get the color in the bottle. But what impresses me most is the staying power. 5 days later (after 2 coats of polish & a top coat) and the polish is only slightly wearing off my tips, and still has a nice shine to it. I abuse my nails, and dark shades usually only last 3-4 days before they look pretty banged-up. I only wish the shade selection was larger (only 6 shades and they seem to be pretty ‘classic’) but I will definitely be picking up another shade the next time I’m at Aldi’s. This outperforms any of my drugstore- or high-end-nail polishes.

on 10/31/2010 2:00:00 PM

The Cherry Red is my favorite color they offer. It lasts a full week on my nails and I am rough on it. It lasts even longer on my feet. Definitely give this line of nail polish a try. At $1.49 you can't go wrong!

on 8/28/2010 8:20:00 AM

I now have three of these and will certainly get more next time I'm at Aldi. These are great. The last one I got says it was made in France and the other two say made in Germany. I have Cherry Red (dark, vamp-like color), Rum Raisin (really nice neutral pink/brown) and Classic Red (awesome dark...uh...classic red). I'm really impressed with the Lacura items I've tried so far. These are $1.49 right now and outperform most of my $8+ nail polishes.

Top Rated Lacura Products