September 19, 2014 | 1949 users online

Foundations - Lancome - Photogenic Lumessence Compact Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2012 10:35:00 AM More reviews by underdreamskies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I use this cream compact foundation as a spot concealer for acne scarring (as per the Lisa Eldridge advice that I really loved, to let the healthy areas of my skin show through and only apply fuller coverage where I need to, as opposed to the full blanket of makeup I used to believe necessary). I think what impressed me the most about this is how effortlessly it blends into my skin, how easy to apply it is. I don't use the sponge included in the compact, I use my own concealer brush. I usually prefer liquid foundations, but on comparison with other cream foundations they are all a lot tackier than this, this is a lot easier to manipulate, like effortless. So you would think that with the slipperyness of this compact foundation that it would get real disgusting on my oily skin, but to my surprise it didn't! Set with a finishing powder I find my skin doesn't get gross at all, and it is so longwearing and really looks so natural even at the end of a full day of wear. I have sensitive skin and it doesn't feel heavy on my skin at all, nor did it break me out.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2011 12:01:00 AM More reviews by yellowkitty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am a loyal user of Buff Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation for under my eyes and very light coverage over the rest of my face. I use Olay SPF daytime face lotion for sensitive skin for a dewy finish. I have tried expensive dept. store compacts before and hated them all. This Lancome Photogenic Lumessence Compact Foundation in Buff 02 W is surprisingly becoming a nice addition to my daily routine. It doesn't smell and goes on smoothly ( better with a brush than with the sponge ). Nice coverage and brightens up around my eye area where I can look like I haven't slept. My main problem is under eye circles. I don't have acne or scars. I have Tzone combo skin and this really helps keep my oil zone under control. I have sensitive skin and this hasn't cause me to break out ! It isn't shimmery and dries to a smooth powder that settles a tiny bit but so does my Revlon Colorstay. I just check on my eye area during the day to smooth away any line settling marks with my pinky. No big deal since i am in my late 30s. It doesn't feel dry or feel like its a mask on my face. I also use the Olay SPF face lotion throughout the day which keeps my dry cheek area skin dewy and I reapply blush too. This compact keeps my oily Tzone matte :) So far so good and it only cost me 16 usd ! Edit: after 2 months product oxidized major and I threw it out :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2011 5:48:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

I've been trying a whole bunch of foundation lately and this has got to be one of my recent favourites.
I absolutely hate compact creme foundation, they usually dont work out for me, and their durablity onme is very poor.
This foundation on the other hand is fantastic! Light to medium coverage, very durable, feels extremely light on the face and give a really nice flawless finish.
This foundation doesn't set on it own for me, but that's not a problem cause I always set my liquid/creme foundation with a powder anyways. A little goes a long way, and it is very buildable.
This foundation is perfect and appropriate for day wear everyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2011 10:25:00 PM More reviews by jbschott

I really like this foundation. It is the best creme/powder compact foundation I've ever used. I previously used Clinique City Base Compact, but I like this foundation better because it more perfectly matches my complexion. I find it actually looks better several hours after it is first applied. While I have very oily skin (and I must blot oil over this foundation throughout the day - as I've had to do with every foundation I've ever used), the Photogenic Lumessence Compact doesn't cake or show wear throughout the day. To re-freshen the make up, I can simply apply powder over it and it looks great. I have reordered this product three times, since first using it. I'm sold.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2011 3:32:00 AM More reviews by Hyt831

I really like this foundation! it goes on like a silky cream foundation, but dries like a powder!!! I take this with me on the go, and its just easy to apply. the stay power is amazing, and it does not swipe off on shirts(unlike other creme foundations ive tried). There is not a huge color selection, and matter offactthe shade i purchased was actually a bit too light for me, sincethe product was so amazing, I didnt mind it! it has a good oil controland it dries matte. so if your into the dewy finish, i wouldnt suggest it. unlike the smashbox camera ready full coverage foundation, the compact lasted me a long time, three swipes covers my entire face! due to the fact it dries powdery on the face, blush and bronzer applies very smoothly on top of this! i do find myself having to conceal first and then use this, even tho my usual face routine is vice versa. the reason is, when applying concealer with a brush or a sponge, the foundation gets wiped off.. but when it dried completely, it does not get wiped off this easily! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2010 5:00:00 PM More reviews by butterfly91

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

A makeup artist used this on me when she did my makeup a little while ago, and it was perfect...it made my skin look beautiful and lasted a long time, and it didnt make me break out (I tend to have very sensitive skin!) I dont usually wear foundation, but I had another event coming up so I went to the Lancome counter and got a sample of this to use (it is so nice that they give out sample bottles so that I can use it once or twice without spending so much money on the whole thing!!) and it looked great again on me. I will probably buy the full-size tube soon because it will be worth it :-D

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2010 6:52:00 PM More reviews by divadenah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love all of Lancome Foundations. Every foundation they carry matches my skintone perfectly. People tell me that my skin is beautiful,, noticed I said skin looks beautiful, not makeup. So anyway. This foundation gives a very radiant finish. The color blends in the skin to make it look so natural, and people cant tell you are wearing foundation, well me anyway.The only thing is with this foundation I have to set it with lancome dual finish powder or use a bare mineral finish veil, beacause it still feels moist afterwards. But thats ok, I still like the product. But I really prefer the liquid in the bottle. But I still like this because of the clear beautiful mirror as a plus. I like to use this on the go when I dont have time to measure or blend in my liquid foundation right.
Update 9/18/2010
I might just have to throw this out. Its very wet feeling all through the day, I get scared to even sit with my hand holding my chin. I get afraid that I will rub my makeup off. I will have to find me something else. I really wanted to like this since its in a beautiful compact with a big beautiful mirror. Oh well I guess I will keep it due to the clear big mirror.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2010 12:03:00 PM More reviews by kdr3

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I simply love this compact cream foundation. I tried it before and returned it because I thought I needed more coverage even though I got compliments on how great it looks...I thought that it was too creamy. But after purchasing lancome mineral foundation and finishing it I decided that I would go back and give it another try. I tried putting it on with foundation brush instead of sponge. Actually that gave it a better finish and more coverage and less waste. I don't feel like it is sitting on top of my face, it is buffing it into the skin. Give it a try ladies I simply love it and will be my HG foundation unless they discontinue it...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2009 1:10:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have late 30's combo/dry skin with a few smile lines that can turn into huge canyons with the wrong foundation (aka ones that feel and look like paint). This however, is lovely. Applies and blends like a dream, even over bare skin on days I'm running too late to slap on primer and/or moisturizer, which alone earns this high marks. At first I thought Buff 02 might be too dark for my winter NC20-25 skin, but it turned out to be perfect and looks flawless, like I have no foundation on. The SPF 18 is nice, but I'm not sure it's full spectrum or high enough to make a difference by itself. A little goes a long way with this, I just apply to the center of my face and blend outwards. I use a large oval sponge because the one it came with is too small for my liking but it works in a pinch. This is probably the best cream foundation I've ever tried, high or low end because I've tried at least half a dozen. It does make me look softer and nearly airbrushed, but not 'glowy' or dewy either. Somewhere in between, like a satin. Those smile lines I mentioned? All but gone. It lasts all day on me without touch ups, doesn't wear off in places I might be more dry or oily any particular day, doesn't require setting powder, doesn't transfer to clothes, tissues when I blow my nose, my phone, etc. I don't notice any scent in this. It's pricey ($40 or so) like all Lancome foundations but I got it during a F&F sale along with a ton of GWPs because Lancome is great that way. I'd buy this again even without a sale because it's worth it and a little goes a long way. This makes me want to try the liquid version now for when the weather gets warmer because I don't need a heavy moisture foundation then but the rest of the year, this will definitely be the one I reach for. <3

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2009 9:54:00 PM More reviews by roselynnbelle3

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have mature skin (few wrinkles around eyes) and some dry patches due to use of Retin A and benzoyl peroxide for acne. I had this applied by a Lancome makeup artist at my local mall. She used the Lancome foundation brush to apply it. While in the mall, it looked ok, not great, but I was out of the foundation I usually use and needed something.

When I got outside, it really looked cakey. It was very humid and I do have oily skin and it looked like it was breaking up all over my face. I am going to give it a few more days and see if I like it any better. I went in looking for Teinte Idole and the Lancome makeup artist steered me toward this. I don't think it is good for someone with oily or problematic skin. If you already have decent skin to begin with it probably looks good.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No