November 29, 2014 | 1010 users online

Treatments - Maybelline - Gentle Nail Polish Remover - Acetone Free

rated 1.0(1 review)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2009 3:41:00 PM More reviews by mapn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Well it is what it is: poison in a bottle, which almost all nail polish removers basically are. It’s acetone-free, sure, but that doesn’t mean it’s particularly safe or gentle… First of all, the smell is exceptionally strong and alcohol-y. I actually feel it all the way up in my eyes when I'm using the remover. Not fun. Yes, it does remove nail polish very quickly, but as an added bonus, it leaves my cuticles extremely dry and chapped :| The avocado oil doesn’t really make a difference when it’s preceded by ethyl acetate and alcohol in the ingredient list. I used LCN's acetone-free nail polish remover before, whose scent was sooooo mild compared to Maybelline. LCN also felt gentler… (I don’t have the bottle anymore so I can’t compare the ingredient lists). All in all, I don't think I'll be able to use this one until the bottle’s empty… And the bottle, by the way, is quite ugly, not that it matters that much.

Ingredients: Ethyl Acetate, Alcohol, Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Parfum/Fragrance, Persea Gratissima/Avocado Oil, Benzyl Salicylate, Benzophenone-1, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Eugenol, Linalool, CI 42090/Blue 1.