April 21, 2014 | 955 users online

Cleansers - Clean & Clear - Advantage 3 in 1 Foaming Acne Wash

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2014 1:33:00 PM More reviews by auntmiamia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

the BEST cleanser on the planet! wipes out oil, makeup and dirt. Leaves skin beyond clean. It is strong so dont use if you have sensitive skin. They changed the formula and now its weak and useless. Its like they took out all the stuff that made it great. Too bad. AWESOME stuff that melted junk off of my face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2014 11:41:00 AM More reviews by littlelamb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this after C&C discontinued the silver tube version, which was my previous HG for fighting blemishes. This one is even better! It feels very gentle, is alcohol-free, and doesn't dry out my skin even in the winter. I don't need to use any other blemish treatment after using this, and the foaming pump-spray bottle is convenient too.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2014 1:12:00 AM More reviews by adriennesmith

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This has to be the worst cleanser I've ever used on my face. Just to make sure that this product is as terrible as I say it is, I've used this cleanser off and on for months. Every single time I use this cleanser, my combination and acne prone skin becomes a dry, peeling mess and I break out in cystic acne. Clean & Clear need to discontinue this product. So many bad ratings should be a wake-up call for them.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/27/2012 12:11:00 AM More reviews by ashmccord88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have oily skin. This dried out my t-zone really bad and didn't clear my acne at all. It smells terrible.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2012 6:04:00 AM More reviews by Mina_LaFleur

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product obviously works for some, but I'm in agreement with the one stars here. I bought this awhile back out of desperation because my skin just freaked out after I stopped taking the pill. I had obviously used up a good portion of the bottle, and then switched to something else and kept this around for washing my synthetic makeup brushes. I couldn't remember exactly why I'd stopped using it; probably mostly the dryness and persistent spots. Well, having tried it again, I can tell you that it may well work for you *IF YOU CAN EVER WASH IT ALL OFF!* No matter what I did over the past few weeks, I kept breaking out with deep cystic acne (which isn't typical for me) around my lower jaw and neck (also weird for me). I've tried to spend three times the amount of time it should take rinsing this stuff off and I've given up. My face is finally starting to return to normal with the last cleanser I could remember being really clear with: Neutrogena Redness Soothing cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2012 1:35:00 AM More reviews by Jexka

This is a pretty solid cleanser. I have combination skin, more on the oily side, and I'm prone to breakouts on my chin. I rarely get small blemishes...I pretty much only get the big, deep ones that take about a week to clear up. I picked this up randomly one day and while it's not the best cleanser I've ever used, it does work pretty well.
This is a liquid cleanser that lathers up on the skin pretty nicely, but I'm not sure why they call this a "foaming" product, because it doesn't really foam up, it just creates a lather. The pump on my bottle fell off when I dropped this once and the pump hasn't worked very well since, but 2 pumps of this is enough to cover my face. The smell isn't great, it's a little medicinal if you ask me, but I don't mind it. I don't experience the tightness or irritation that a lot of other reviewers have mentioned. I actually find that this makes my skin feel very clean without feeling stripped. I do usually follow up with a toner and moisturizer, though.
This didn't clear my skin up completely, but it was definitely better than using nothing. I still get the random pimple here and there, but I find that using this and a spot treatment helps clear my skin up better than other cleansers I have used in the past.
Overall, I won't be running out to repurchase this, but I can see myself getting another bottle sometime in the future. If you have skin similar to mine and salicylic acid generally works well for you, I'd give this a shot.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2012 8:53:00 PM More reviews by Lisaaaj

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Out of all the drug store products I have bought this has to be the best. I tend to have anywhere from normal- sensitive skin and this product does dry out your skin when used excessively so make sure to moisturize properly. I currently use this a couple times a week, give or take a few times depending on the condition of my skin. I used to have really bad acne and this product seemed to be the only one that worked for me. This product isn't expensive at all and I always have a bottle, just in case. If your skin dries out easily, you should probably only be using it once every other day. If not, then once a day is fine. Just beware that this product is kind of harsh on your skin, especially when used too often but it does work. If you're contemplating purchasing this product, I'd say to give it a try!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2012 3:53:00 PM More reviews by minakoaino

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just bought this product last month. Prior to this face wash, I was using a foaming cleanser by Clinique. Since I started using this face wash, my face has been free of acne (except for when I'm on my time of the month), and it's gotten smoother too. I was trying to find the Clean and Clear advantage acne spot treatment at a local grocery store and then I saw this product. I use it at night, and then I apply face lotion right after. I can pretty much say that this is a pretty good product for me. Before I bought this cleanser, I would get acne forming on my forehead everyday since I have bangs. Now, I barely get any. I would buy this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2012 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Itzsyd123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I didn't have any problems with this product. I am a teenager with very oily and acne prone skin. The first time I used it, it burned a little and my skin got red. After the first few times using it, it cleared my skin up. It doesn't burn and my skin has not been too dry. I enjoyed this product and would repurchase it.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2012 11:33:00 PM More reviews by BunnyYas

I was using the clean & clear face wash of mandarin smell (can't remember exactly the name), which was pretty ok for my skin. I run out of face wash product so I had to go to the drug store in emergency to purchased another one. I saw this one being 3in1 so catched my attention.
I started using it for about 3 days and it was working okay; but today, I just used it, and when I applied the moisturizer that I always use, I started feeling a burning sensation and my skin became so red and it burns horrible!! I had great expectations on this product but it made my skin terrible irritated so I am not gonna use it again... Sigh, It's like dumping my money on the trash.

I see one review of a teenager who said that the people who wrote bad review is because they didn't use moisturizer.. LOL.... that's why is better to read well before giving an opinion, everyone has said they used a moisturizer which didn't make the effect to calm down. And of course, not everybody have same type of skin; for some people it will work okay, for others it will not. I cannot expect a big deal from reviewers who are less than 18 years old and do not have enough experience yet.