August 30, 2014 | 1907 users online

Cleansers - Clean & Clear - Advantage 3 in 1 Foaming Acne Wash

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2014 2:22:00 AM More reviews by Jaliyah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I broke our like month ago & could not find a product to help me. I was in the store & just try to find something good , the 3 in 1 caught my eye so I bought it. For some reason I could NOT OPEN IT I had to look up how to open up the bottle & the people was saying they just broke it , so I struggled with it & finally opened it , I used it for a week & it works great I used it day & night with cetaphil cleanser & moisturizer to calm my face & keep it from being dry , now I use it only at night which is better for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/4/2014 4:49:00 PM More reviews by rkaybee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Oh my gosh stay away from this face wash. I bought this hoping it would help with my oily skin, and now my face BURNS. I used it twice and with moisturizer day and night (as I've been doing for years) and have cystic acne all around my mouth and chin and it hurts like crazy and itches and is super red; I can barely eat or smile. I also woke up with a swollen eye today. I don't know how I'm going to fix this. but I'm throwing this face wash away.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 5:12:00 AM More reviews by Monicagrin

This stuff is amazing! Wow I can't believe there is so many bad reviews. Seriously I love this stuff! Normally I wouldn't write such a great reviews on acne wash but gosh wow I'm in love with this. At first it does break you out but lucky it only broke me out for a week, I have combination skin and I can't stand stuff that makes my face even more oiler than it already is but nope! This product works great. Recently I switched to clearasil daily clear wash since this wash was out of stock and the other oroduct completely broke me out and shows no signs or clearing. As of now I'm on vacation and I am definitely will get this product again. I've been having troubled skin since I was around 10 and nothin would work now this product has been by far one of the best products I have used in a while its great the only con I can think of is that it's alway out of stock since it seems as if everyone wants it.
I would defiantly try this product it's cheap and works better than most products
I recommend this to anyone with troubled skin!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2014 11:10:00 PM More reviews by littlerogers

Hi...
I am new to this review thing, but I wanted to review this. I am sixteen and being sixteen I breakout (duh). I normally breakout on my forehead and recently my chin. I needed a new face cleanser because the product I normally get is way expensive (Pevonia sensitive skin cleanser? Light green cap) and I can't find it nearby. So I stopped by target and picked this up. It wasn't terribly pricy-maybe $6-and the purple bottle thing it came in was relatively appealing (most everything in the aisle was in a white/cream container). So I bought it. The first time I used it, my skin got super dry. There was peeling. So I went back to my usual cleanser, Aveeno Positively Radiant because it left my face soft. However when I got this huge breakout (it was during that special time of the month lol) I gave this a try along with my Yes to Tomatoes face mask as a spot treatment. It worked like a charm. I've been using it for about a month at this point (1-2x daily) and I'm satisfied. My forehead has almost cleared up (thank The Lord!) and my chin has smaller blemishes. The reason why I only gave it three was because of how drying it is!!!! I use this in moderation, focussing on the unwanted blemish zone. If I use it on my face, I start to get dry patches that peel...not cute! I wash my problem areas with this and then my whole face with Aveeno, just for sensitivity's sake(:
For the occasional breakout areas, this product is great. For everyday use...eh...just use this sparingly and have moisturizer handy!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2014 1:33:00 PM More reviews by auntmiamia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

the BEST cleanser on the planet! wipes out oil, makeup and dirt. Leaves skin beyond clean. It is strong so dont use if you have sensitive skin. They changed the formula and now its weak and useless. Its like they took out all the stuff that made it great. Too bad. AWESOME stuff that melted junk off of my face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2014 11:41:00 AM More reviews by littlelamb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this after C&C discontinued the silver tube version, which was my previous HG for fighting blemishes. This one is even better! It feels very gentle, is alcohol-free, and doesn't dry out my skin even in the winter. I don't need to use any other blemish treatment after using this, and the foaming pump-spray bottle is convenient too.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2014 1:12:00 AM More reviews by adriennesmith

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This has to be the worst cleanser I've ever used on my face. Just to make sure that this product is as terrible as I say it is, I've used this cleanser off and on for months. Every single time I use this cleanser, my combination and acne prone skin becomes a dry, peeling mess and I break out in cystic acne. Clean & Clear need to discontinue this product. So many bad ratings should be a wake-up call for them.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/27/2012 12:11:00 AM More reviews by ashmccord88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have oily skin. This dried out my t-zone really bad and didn't clear my acne at all. It smells terrible.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2012 6:04:00 AM More reviews by Mina_LaFleur

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product obviously works for some, but I'm in agreement with the one stars here. I bought this awhile back out of desperation because my skin just freaked out after I stopped taking the pill. I had obviously used up a good portion of the bottle, and then switched to something else and kept this around for washing my synthetic makeup brushes. I couldn't remember exactly why I'd stopped using it; probably mostly the dryness and persistent spots. Well, having tried it again, I can tell you that it may well work for you *IF YOU CAN EVER WASH IT ALL OFF!* No matter what I did over the past few weeks, I kept breaking out with deep cystic acne (which isn't typical for me) around my lower jaw and neck (also weird for me). I've tried to spend three times the amount of time it should take rinsing this stuff off and I've given up. My face is finally starting to return to normal with the last cleanser I could remember being really clear with: Neutrogena Redness Soothing cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2012 1:35:00 AM More reviews by Jexka

This is a pretty solid cleanser. I have combination skin, more on the oily side, and I'm prone to breakouts on my chin. I rarely get small blemishes...I pretty much only get the big, deep ones that take about a week to clear up. I picked this up randomly one day and while it's not the best cleanser I've ever used, it does work pretty well.
This is a liquid cleanser that lathers up on the skin pretty nicely, but I'm not sure why they call this a "foaming" product, because it doesn't really foam up, it just creates a lather. The pump on my bottle fell off when I dropped this once and the pump hasn't worked very well since, but 2 pumps of this is enough to cover my face. The smell isn't great, it's a little medicinal if you ask me, but I don't mind it. I don't experience the tightness or irritation that a lot of other reviewers have mentioned. I actually find that this makes my skin feel very clean without feeling stripped. I do usually follow up with a toner and moisturizer, though.
This didn't clear my skin up completely, but it was definitely better than using nothing. I still get the random pimple here and there, but I find that using this and a spot treatment helps clear my skin up better than other cleansers I have used in the past.
Overall, I won't be running out to repurchase this, but I can see myself getting another bottle sometime in the future. If you have skin similar to mine and salicylic acid generally works well for you, I'd give this a shot.