September 18, 2014 | 2039 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Yves Saint Laurent - Matt Touch Radiant Base Colour Balance Primer with SPF 12

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2012 1:03:00 AM More reviews by iluvmakeup0412

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am constantly trying new products but keep coming back to this. It smells great and is so good at controlling the oils. I have a super oily T-zone and I only blot once a day. It's been better than snashbox,Mac, mufe,Laura mercier you name it this is my go to primer. At $42 bucks it's in the same range as most other primersl

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2009 6:47:00 AM More reviews by streeetdoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

YSL came out with a range of primers (Teint Parfait) that mimic the colors of foundation, in various shades of yellow, brown etc, which I have tried when I was living in California and had a tan. It evened out my skin tone and gave me a soft glow.

But since relocating to Asia, I've since lost all my tan and have become very fair. It's terribly humid here and I didn't want to use powder and/or foundation because that would just be too much and would melt in the daytime. So, remembering how I used to skip powder and foundation in CA because of my YSL primer, I checked out the YSL counter to see if they have something for my now fairer skin. I noticed that YSL carries 2 pink primers. One of them is in the Teint Parfait range and has no mattifying result. The one that I purchased is also a primer, but has additional mattifying result. I have combination skin (oily t-zone, drier cheeks), and the SA told me if I purchased the primer without mattifying effects, the glow + the oil that my face would naturally produce after a few hours.... that would be too much. So I went ahead and purchased this Colour Balance Primer in #2 (Glowing Pink), with mattifying results and SPF12.

I am truly in love with it!!! It is so humid here in Asia and the mattifying part of this primer keeps my oil production in check. The best part about this is that I can skip my foundation altogether. It evens out my skin tone, gives me this dewiness that we girls all dream about but can never really achieve without blending multiple products. And - it minimizes my pores around the nose/cheek area. It's so easy and I am in love. After my sunscreen I squeeze out a pearl-sized drop from the tube and apply this as I would any moisturiser (using my fingers), and I'm set for the day. I have a glow throughout the day, and even 10 hours later when I come home at night - my t-zone is still not oily, and my face is radiant from within. This is definitely my HG primer (and I have tried tons including Smashbox, which I didn't like due to it's silicone texture).

This primer does what it promises. If you have great skin to begin with (or just suffer from a few zits from time to time), just use this and perhaps a concealer. Skip the powder and foundation altogether. I'm constantly on the go so this product is truly a godsend. Whenever I feel more tired or notice my skin is looking a little dull, I use this and people never fail to comment on the glow :) You know how guys are always saying they like girls who look like they are not wearing too much makeup? This is it ladies! Can't go wrong with this one - I look like I was born with perfect skin. (This collection includes 3 colors: the pink one which I purchased, a yellow one for evening out complexion, and a pale blue one for a brightening effect)

*** I also tested this primer out by wearing foundation powder over it, and there was still a soft glow. Powder stayed put for the entire day, even though it's 100 degrees out and the fact that I have an oily -zone. I noticed that my face wasn't as oily as usual, that greasy shine was gone. And in place, a natural radiance. Very impressive!***

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No