April 19, 2014 | 987 users online

Polishes - OPI - Barefoot in Barcelona

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2014 8:49:00 AM More reviews by DoraZ

I absolutely love the color of this nail polish, both in the bottle and on my nails. It's a gorgeous nude beige color with decided pink overtones which pull very pink on my NW20 skintone. It's a gorgeous neutral and perfect for work, it's very flattering on me and I really like it. My only negative is that I bought this very recently in a little OPI haul at Ulta so it's new! but the formula seemed thick and I had to add a bit of nail polish thinner. Also the wear isn't as good as I'd like, it chips fairly easily even with a long wear topcoat. That said though, this is a fabulous color all around and btw, it looks absolutely stunning with a matte topcoat as well to give it a bit of an edge!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2014 4:04:00 PM More reviews by reallyrita

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just rediscovered this polish in my collection. It had sort of gotten lost in the clutter of all the glitz and glitter. It is a lovely neutral pink/brown nude color. In fact, it is just gorgeous. It is a cream formula and even though my bottle is old, it went on like a dream. I have recently discovered how important it is to choose a polish that will look good with my skin tone. I am a very light olive with yellow undertones. This is a really nice look for me and I am glad I found it again. I am taking a break from mattes and sparkle. I really need a backup of this one as it looks like it is going to move forward in my stash of polish and be an HG.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2013 12:15:00 PM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For reference nc30-35, warm and yellow

This shade is gorgeous for warm skinned ladies!! It's a perfect browny rosy nude with a creme formula. Some would say that it's a grandma color but I personally think it looks very put together and chic. This shade makes my hands look very polished and elegant. You could get away with just one coat because formula is very opaque and creamy in one swipe, but I always apply my usually two. Definitely would repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2013 3:42:00 AM More reviews by Natashia

This color reminds me of milk tea . I really loved the ease of application , sometimes one coat is enough.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2013 8:12:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

The perfect pinky nude mauve with a touch of beige - neutralish shade - if Loreal Fairest nude came in a polish this would be it. This is a beautiful polish but it is just a tad too pink/cool toned for my skintone - Chocolate Moose is about 2 shades darker and a tad warmer/tanner and works alot better on my skintone - if you are warmer toned and tossing up between the two (they look incredibly similar in the bottle) choose the chocolate moose.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2013 10:02:00 PM More reviews by michelleon

This was my first OPI product, and I have to say I am so happy with it! It went on so smoothly and easily (I applied a top coat and a base coat and two coats for complete opacity) and it actually stayed for about four days without chipping, which was amazing considering that I was working at a theme park the first time I wore it. It didn't take that long to dry, either.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 6:26:00 AM More reviews by cocoacloud

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I got this as a present for my birthday a few years ago, and it was my first OPI nail polish, and it is also my favourite. Since discovering the quality of OPI lacquers and its brushes, I have been obsessed with different colours, but no matter what I always find myself being drawn back to this beautiful shade.

Barefoot in Barcelona is a gorgeous pink, mauve-y kind of colour, and could be used as a darker nude for some. I find that because it is so pigmented, one layer is enough. If you have yellow-toned, lightly tanned skin, then I can vouch that this will look beautiful on your skintone! It has become a staple in my nail collection and I'll be repurchasing when I run out. HG!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2013 1:10:00 PM More reviews by greenpeanut

I love the color, looks like brownie but much pinky too..
And it works well with my skin colour, yellow-fair..
It makes my hands looks cleaner, brighter,and it makes me feel like,,I'm a 'girl' hahaa
I often apply it only 1 layer, cause if more, it would gv me a dark-impression

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2013 1:48:00 PM More reviews by yixie

I bought this shade after extensive research on an interesting neutral color. Being so well reviewed on mua was a deciding factor for purchase.

While the color is pretty (but common enough I'm sure there are cheaper dupes) opaque and applies beautifully, I'm totally disappointed with the staying power of my first opi polish. It chipped on the first day after application!

I used 2 topcoats. I have polishes that are $2 to the $8 I paid for this opi and the cheapies lasted longer without chipping. By day 4 my BiB looked a mess and had to be taken off.

A bummer since the point of buying an opi over a no brand polish was due to the former's superior longevity...or so I thought.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2012 10:27:00 PM More reviews by Sangu1neus

Gorgeous colour, reminds me of really creamy chocolate milk, almost want to eat it off my nails.

Didn't give it a full 5 lippies because although I love the application (smooth, like butta) it chipped after 24 hours. I have an office job! I wasn't doing dishes! I had on a base coat, chip skip AND a topcoat... and it still chipped!!

I'll keep using it though, because the colour is just toooo pretty.

I put a two $$ on the price 'cuz I was able to get it for less than retail (ladies, there is always a way to get it for less than retail... unless it's a collector's item).