Crystal Natural Mineral Salt Deodorant

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Boo. Worked at first, but not for very long. I tried the liquid version too, but no. The search continues. .

on 9/18/2010 7:41:00 AM

I tried using a deodorant crystal after reading reviews and having a colleague rave about it.

It does work--I sweated but there was no odor.

HOWEVER--I got a truly *horrendous* rash under my arms. I used the crystal properly--wet it throughly--but it is just way too harsh for me. The crystal I used was made of "mineral salts" which in this case was potassium alum. This is the active ingredient (only ingredient, actually) in styptic pencils!! (What men use to stop shaving nicks from bleeding.) Potassium alum is very astringent. It took almost a week for my underarms to heal.

The product does work in terms of stopping bacteria growth that causes BO, but given its harshness, I simply can't use it.

on 6/5/2010 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have this in chamomile & green tea. I love it! Very effective, non staining and it smells pretty, but not overpowering. Found at Sweetbay supermarket for $3.99. My only wish is that this came in a solid, as this is a roll on. Will repurchase.

on 8/23/2009 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love this product. All of my white shirts developed yellow stains from my other deodorants and they made me itch under my arm occasionally. The best thing about this product is that you don't feel it. Second best, there is no stain. Third, there's no chemical, horrible smell or creamy feel.

I live in the carribean, where it is always hot and this deodorant works great for me.

Though this product did not work for me in every way, I like the concept of using natural mineral salts that does not contain Aluminum Chlorohydrate. And it does get high praise from Cancer Treatment Centers. One thing I did like was I did not smell bad throughout the day. But, it did not prevent wetness for me (I live in humid FL). My husband uses it and it works for him. It is reasonably priced and the packaging is, umm interesting. lol All you do is run a few drops of water on the salt stick and then roll on. Well, I will not be using this one again. Prefer my JASON Natural Cosmetics Deodorant Stick above any other so far.