November 24, 2014 | 1989 users online

Lip Gloss - Bare Escentuals - 100% Natural Lipgloss in Tartlette

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2012 2:09:00 PM More reviews by cowzipper

I love this lipgloss! I'm allergic to lipstick and there are several lipglosses that I cannot wear. However I can wear this daily without any problems. It's highly pigmented and nondrying. I love the brush applicator and the tube is heavy duty and does not look or feel cheap. I have this in several shades but Tartlette is one of my favorites. I hope they never stop making this. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2012 4:23:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

It has such a very beautiful mauvey-brown coloring to it. Also, it does come with flecks of sparkle to it (which look very pretty on one's lips) as well. The only con that I have with this product is that I could do without its very artifically sweet fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2011 12:26:00 PM More reviews by lemonade3248

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE this lip gloss. Totally agree with other reviewers--sturdy packaging, the brush is fantastic (compared to the wand on most glosses), lasts longer than most glosses, etc. This is a beautiful wine brown color--I love it! Not too brown, not too red--the perfect color for my indian skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2009 2:00:00 PM More reviews by smeegal9

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree with everything Bybs said, but I love the brown wine color!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2009 1:26:00 PM More reviews by Bybs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bare Escentuals state that this Lip Gloss is an all-natural, preservative-free formula that contains Natural oils and Cupuacu Butter. Tartlette is described as a wine berry. I would say that it leans towards being more of a browned wine shade which contains a small amount of sparkling silver particles. The Gloss comes housed in a thick plastic tube which is slightly shorter and chubbier in size than a MAC Dazzleglass. It contains 4.2ml or 0.14 oz of product and retails for around $15.00. The formula is quite thick and has a tendency to be a little sticky or tacky and in comparison I'd probably say that texture wise it's most comparable to MAC's Dazzleglass. However, I find that the slight stickiness of the product gives it the right consistency to remain on the lips without slipping off. The formula is extremely moisturizing and non-drying which is probably due to the fact that the gloss contains natural oils and butters. The scent is said to be natural vanilla however it smells more like creme brulee and has little to no taste. I wouldn't repurchase this particular shade as it's a little too brown for my liking.