April 17, 2014 | 1638 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - TEMPTU - Airbrush System

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2014 11:27:00 PM More reviews by diana33dayman

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

it is not easy to use and i can't find the right shade for me. i feel that i just dumped money into the ocean by buying this.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/14/2014 12:08:00 AM More reviews by cupcakeluver

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just don't like the look... Looks too fake in my opinion. I want more natural makeup and this is way too tanned or unreal.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2014 4:00:00 PM More reviews by Sheri101

NOT worth the money!!! I have had my Temptu system with the airpods for about 2 years and have only used it about 15-20 times, it now lives under my bathroom sink, haha. I am about to be 31 years old, blonde haired, blue eyed, fair skin with some redness, fine lines, combination skin, mild acne, a few dark marks, and some mild old acne scaring/pitting. I know I sound hideous but my skin really isn't all that bad, nothing a DECENT foundation can't make look awesome. I really wanted to love this but I just can't. The airpod foundation doesn't set without a translucent setting powder (used their primer and benefit primer, no help), it settles into EVERY fine line, settles into all of my old acne marks and makes them look worse!!! I could never get it to stay on my nose and I've tried every trick in the book. Nothing worse then being out for the night, barely scratch/rub your nose and your make-up rubs off leaving you to look like Rudolph the red nosed reindeer! And if you're kissing anybody, forget it, your make-up will rub off your skin above your upper lip and lower lip. To get "decent" coverage you have to build it up, which means, spray a layer and let it set (yeah right!), then do another and possibly another, then it really takes forever to dry! For me it never set/dry without the use of a setting powder. Using this system actually took LONGER than just applying liquid or mineral foundation. I'm so mad at myself for not returning it when I had the chance. I kept trying and trying thinking it was something I was doing wrong but it wasn't me, it's the product, and by then my window to return it was gone. The FEW plus sides were the foundation did match me well, smelled nice, cute packaging, and never had any shipping issues, but that's about it, lol. My advise would be to save yourself the trouble and money and go buy a decent liquid foundation or mineral powder foundation. I've used Bobbi brown (wasn't impressed) worked as good as Revlons color stay for oily/combination skin but Revlon only cost $13 vs Bobbi Brown at almost $50. I'm actually heading out to Bareminerals to give that a go again. Used BM before temptu but nothing I've tried since then seems to work as well as BM. And no, I do not work for Bareminerals, just a normal mom and wife stating what's worked best for me. Good luck ladies in your quest for your HG of foundation. =-)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 10:09:00 AM More reviews by juinfille

This was a Christmas present. At first I thought I'd use occasionally, but now that I've got the hang of it I find myself using it every day. Applying makeup is quick, simple and flawless and it lasts all day long! By the time I used it 4-5 days I had figured out of to best apply it to my liking (I watched the TEMPTU website and youtube videos several times before receiving the product, which helped). It works on the 'less is more' concept and my skin looks and feels great all day! I love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2013 1:49:00 PM More reviews by karsonjane

FIRST I have to inform you that I haven't received my temptu, but that is why I'm doing this review. I can't comment on how the temptu worked for me just yet, but I can comment on how disappointed I am with their shipping. I ordered a temptu 4 days ago and the other is still processing. I called in and they said its supposed to ship out til next week AND I have to wait 7 days + after it processes and ships which I find ridiculous when I ordered it no one informed of this. The receipt said 5-7 max in delivery. I'm just disappointed with the shipping to be honest I wanted to try it by next week to have for a special occasion but can't.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2013 9:51:00 PM More reviews by kimberlyqy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow, this works so nicely on my pale and dull face! Although it sounds crazy but I actually use Airbrush makeup everyday. It is actually easier and quicker for me to use Temptu than to use powder, concealer, finishing spray...etc. The color looks great too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by spackle_n_smear

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought a used system for far, far cheaper than retail. I wasn't all to concerned about buying a used system from another because none of the unit touches the user's face, and the previous owner claimed to have used it twice at the most.

2 days owning the product, and I haven't gotten the full hang of it, most especially pulling on the dispensing trigger while doing concealing work, which is the primary reason I bought this. With minor discolorations, it is second to none! The product dries traceless on the skin. For major discolorations like a large black scar, it does an excellent job, but here is the warning: DON'T OVERDO YOUR AIRBRUSHING! Your face will look like a cakey mess and will not dry. Have good lighting in your area, and while airbrushing, when you get the impression that the foundation has started to cover the area, STOP! Allow the product to dry and settle (which can take a long time for heavier coverage, not just the recommended 30 seconds in some instances, which is one drawback). If it still needs more, then go ahead. Otherwise, you get this siliconed-out mask if you're too generous with the application. The color looked weird on me at first, but once it dries, I'm left with a smooth, traceless finish.

It does take longer than your usual swiping of liquid foundation, perhaps three times longer, but the end result is unbelievable. Just as natural as mineral foundation, but more durable and longer lasting, even for oily skin.

Also remember to be fully dry before powdering, if you needed. You can be left with a cakey and pasty face mask if you don't dry all the way, and you can smear your work.

***EDIT 09/16/2013*** Concealing with just the Temptu foundation became futile. But I figured out how to do the perfect concealment of really bad discoloration:

FIRST: Correct the discoloration with their Airpod blush in Ruby Red.
SECOND: Use concealer like I normally would in the area.
THIRD: Apply Temptu foundation to the area. The effect is far less cakey now, AND it actually dries on my face!
FOURTH: Since I have very red undertones, I apply again the most lightest application of Ruby Red to the area to make it even with the rest of my face. Since airbrushing is seamless, I don't have to apply foundation to the rest of my face. I'm SO happy with that.
FIFTH: A little dusting of HD powder to the area and the rest of my face.

There is NO FADING WHATSOEVER all day AND way into the night when I wash my face. Just some blotting throughout the day. THIS IS TOO GOOD! I changed my overall rating from 4 to 5 lippies!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 9:27:00 AM More reviews by pcolonna

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am 49 with oily/combo skin and I love this product....it took me a while to get the hang of it....especially the blush......BUT now it takes me less than 5 min to apply my make-up and it looks FLAWLESS.....I order my airpods directly from Temptu and so far I have not had a problem with ordering and the shipping is very fast......I have had my unit for over a year now and so far it is working just like it did the 1st day I used it.....I bought mine from QVC and I would def buy it again....if I had to go back to REG make-up I really don't know what I would do!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2013 6:43:00 PM More reviews by Rachel1234

I was really excited to try this airbrush system, as I had seen testimonials from women over 40 who said that it looked so natural, and blurred fine lines (unlike traditional makeup that can settle in fine lines). But what a joke. I am 41 years old and my skin looks really good for my age .... I have worn sunscreen and kept careful attention to my skin since I was 18, and I have very few fine lines. What I have noticed is that as I get older the skin under my eyes is starting to get thinner and when I smile it crinkles and looks a bit crepey, as well as the skin on my upper cheeks which are starting to get fine lines when I smile. My skin is not as plump and smooth as it used to be 20 years ago. My normal foundation looks pretty good, but I thought that this Temptu Airbrush system might really make those fine lines fade from view. Was I ever wrong! This makeup highlighted every single fine line on my face! Lines that are invisible when I have no makeup on suddenly look huge, deep and ghastly with this makeup! Ugh! This makeup literally ages me 10 years! I look far better with no makeup on than this stuff. AND NO, I did not apply it too heavily. I tried everything from barely-there to heavy application, and no matter what I did, this makeup seriously aged me.

I think it's the fact that this silicone makeup creates a sort of "seal" on your skin of makeup. And when you smile or move your skin, it moves WITH your skin ..... So if you have young, smooth skin, then it will look smooth and beautiful. But if you have fine lines, then it will "seal" into those lines when your face is motionless as you apply the makeup, (and it will look beautiful and even, as long as you don't move your face!) .... But as soon as you smile, the makeup clings to every line and crinkle ... highlighting them and making them look WORSE!

So I boxed this up and returned it. Went back to my regular makeup and my skin looks better. If your over 40, beware of this system.

Plus, I hated the idea of breathing in all that aerosolized silicone. Common sense tells me that can't be healthy. I didn't mind the first week or so, but after that it really started to bother me, breathing that in every morning.

All in all ..... I pass on this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2012 7:29:00 AM More reviews by rightjennifer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am a professional esthetician/makeup artist. I have lots of experience with airbrush, have taken classes, used it on brides, etc. so I hope you can trust my opinion here. I have different types of airbrush systems- I have a professional airbrush system with a high grade Iwata compressor and airbrush (sold at trade shows for beauty pros) and of course, it is the most versatile system there is...you can do special FX makeup, body tanning, etc., but for this review, this version of the temptu is NOT that type of product. It is designed for personal, at home use.
THIS system excels and blows other personal airbrush systems like Dinair and Luminess, out of the water.
The main reason people are attracted to airbrush makeup is for the idea of looking flawless and like you have perfect, real, skin. Not cakey, overly made up skin that is fake and obvious- but real skin.
Other systems like Luminess and Dinair may be more versatile in the sense that they have those mini top, gravity feed airbrush guns, which allows you to mix colors ( basically, smaller, less powerful versions of the pro versions) and you can even mix wild and crazy colors if you want to,) But really, what normal, busy professional working woman, full time mom, whatever, is going to mix blue avatar makeup for fun everyday? And don't forget. Even with those smaller airbrush systems like Dinair and Luminess, you have to clean the airbrush gun out after EACH AND EVERY USE...just like the pros have to between clients. If you don't, it affects the quality of your application spray the next time you use the Machine, and your makeup will come out sputtering and blotchy on your face. How are you supposed to clean it? Well, you have to flush your gun out with both special cleaner AND distilled water (not tap, which can cause deposit buildup inside your airbrush gun, which would also affect future performance.) Try to get away with NOT doing this even a few times and you will regret it and curse your system and have to do a deep clean AFTER you disassemble like, 6-10 or so parts that comprise the airbrush gun. Sounds awful, right? Stay with me here.
Why the temptu has the other systems beat and why it has revamped the personal airbrush system idea is because they have figured out that the busy woman doesn't have time to pre-mix her own foundation color from 1,2, or even 3 different foundation shades. Nor does she want to clean the darn airbrush gun after every use. That gets old people, trust me.
With Temptu, all your colors are already pre- mixed for you inside their own little forms of applicators, called air pods ....you just choose your perfect shade, snap it on, and begin airbrushing. And if you can't find your shade, you call the company and they customize a shade for you. Easy. ( I bought my system at Temptu.com....they do that there....check where you buy yours to see if they do that.) when you are done applying your makeup, it's really easy- No cleaning, just snap off each pod, change it out for another or store it. Easy.
Plus, temptu is a silicone based airbrush makeup. For skin that looks real, you want silicone based foundation airbrush makeup over water based. All of the pros (or most of them, anyway, if they are any good) use some form or brand of silicone makeup to airbrush those models and celebs we envy so much. Why? Because silicone base lasts longer, is water and sweat resistant, and most importantly, LOOKS LIKE SKIN. It is sort of satin, skin like finish. Systems like Dinair market their foundations as being silicone free and water based with a matte finish, but trust me, matte skin is NOT real skin in real life. It looks made up. most cosmetic and skin care companies use silicone in most of their products.
Most high tech bottle foundations, bb creams, face primers, etc, all have varying degrees of it in them. Its there for slip, feel, wearability, and staying power. And it works for most people without reaction or absorbing into the skin and causing problems. If you are oily, you still can use these types of products with silicone, mainly because they last on your skin type (or dry for that matter) just use an oil free, oil absorbing primer underneath your airbrush makeup ( or silicone makeup product) and your oil will be greatly controlled. ( I can't tell you how many People who tell me that water based airbrush makeup sprays on too matte and drying on their face and looks cakey...Even oily skinned women say this) And most women over 40 want glowy, not matte skin.
So when you wear Temptu foundation, For wearability, I would recommend for drier to very dry skin types, you hydrate with your regular day moisturizer or a nIce moisturizing primer with SPF (if you want sun protection.) Temptu's formula is kind of like a built in primer, so dry skin gals don't necessarily have to use one, but if you already have one you love, feel free to use it.
For normal/combo or oily skin gals, I would say get yourself a good oil free, oil control primer (with or without SPF, your choice) let that dry down THEN airbursh the temptu makeup on.
Your skin will have a pretty real skin glow. Not shiny, just perfect. If it feels wet on your skin when you spray it on, you are either spraying too much, putting the airbrush gun too close, using a pressure that is too high, or a combination of these...remember, hold the gun 4-6 inches from your face, smallish, circular motions, and a pressure that is comfortable for your desired coverage. The trick to more coverage without it looking heavy is to follow the above technique, but allow it to set a bit betweem LIGHT layers! Dry skins don't need powder necessarily(your preference)- oily skins should just use a light, talc free superfine setting powder..and use a soft FAN brush it Delivers less powder to set and you still get oil control without looking flat. LOVE!

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No