October 2, 2014 | 930 users online

Sunscreen - Aveeno - Positively Ageless Sunblock Lotion for Face SPF 70

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2012 3:01:00 PM More reviews by BonBonMouse

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

As a sunscreen connoisseur, I find this SS to be one of the better drugstore SS on the market. It's boasts of SPF 70, so I know that my skin is protected on even the sunniest of days. It leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth.

I feel that because of its high SPF content, the lotion is a little thicker than a normal lotion. It leaves a slightly white and brightening cast on my fair-medium (NC20) complexion, and leaves a slight shine behind. It leaves my combination skin feeling smooth and soft. There is a slight, in-offensive scent to the lotion that doesn't scream "SUNSCREEN!"

Unfortunately, I find this SS to have no oil-reducing properties. On hot summer days, it does not budge or slip, but my face turns into an oil slick by late afternoon. Some oxidization does occur, and my face looks darker/tanner on those days. I find it a bit too moisturizing and heavy during the hottest months of the year here in Northeast America. I will find an occasional break-out there and there.

During the summer months I have to avoid wearing make-up with this SS. I generally wear this SS during the cooler months, and it has served me well as an everyday budget SS.

Despite its cons, I find this to be a stable formula that rarely triggers a SS allergic reaction. That is the crucial deciding factor for me, and this SS passed the test.

I've repurchased once, and may do so again if I don't find anything better. Overall, a great everyday drugstore SS.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/27/2010 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Bolesie75

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am a huge fan of Aveeno products and I picked this up because of the Enviroblock feature. I used to have the other Aveeno sunblock and loved it but this one is not my friend. It is incredibly thick, highly scented (floral), and greasy. The label states that it is not greasy or oil-containing, however I just want to wash my face as soon as I put it on. It makes my skin incredibly shiny which is something that I want to avoid as I have oily skin as it is. I end up looking like a disco ball and I am afraid to put makeup over the sunscreen since it is slick and I fear my makeup will just run off.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2010 1:15:00 PM More reviews by ekym

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I picked this up on a whim, really to see if I liked this better than Neutrogena’s Dry Touch Sunscreens. The short answer is “no.” This sunscreen, while it did not clog my pores, was thick and sticky. It took ten minutes longer than Neutrogena Dry Touch does to dry and it felt heavy. It didn’t blend well on my face and I had white marks in my hairline. At least I didn’t get burnt or have a breakout. I used up what was left on my torso where the whitish cast wouldn’t show. I won’t buy this again. Stick with Neutrogena!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2010 3:19:00 AM More reviews by crickett85

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just LOVE Aveeno Positively Agess Sunblock Lotion for Face SPF 70. I'm not noting any whitish cast but I have really fair skin. I also have sensitive skin and this product neither breaks my face out nor does it cause any stinging even around the eyes.
Great coverage, nice thick evenly spreadable creamy lotion. No breakouts, no irritation. No noticable scent so nothing fighting with my perfume on my neck.
I tried this one day and rushed out to buy another tube to stock up.
I highly recommend this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2010 10:06:00 PM More reviews by Demos

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

This sunscreen is pretty expensive for a drugstore product. On the other hand, a little goes a long way. A pea size of this covers my entire face and my neck. I wear contacts and this doesnt irritate my eyes at all. well, it doesnt leave any white streaks on my skin. instead, it makes my skin look as if its translucent. And spf 70 is just really great! I love to know that my skin is well protected.
I wont repurchase this, i want to try a better sun screen with a better price :D

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2010 10:10:00 PM More reviews by Becky1972

This sunscreen is very thick and left a whitish cast on my face that lasted throughout the entire day. On the plus side, it didn't run into my eyes or cause any sort of irritation. Not terrible but definitely not something I'll be purchasing again. I'll most likely use what's remaining on non-facial areas.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2010 12:43:00 AM More reviews by sarahhjosephinee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I actually like this quite a bit.. I've never used any others, and I won't buy it again simply because I want to try more, but it does what it says it will. I don't break out from this, which is a plus. I see no obvious white cast when I wear this, however I don't see myself in natural light very often so I really don't know, but nobodies commented on it and I think they would.

Overall, I do like this, but will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2010 12:48:00 AM More reviews by ADPang

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So far this suncreen for the face worked for me. i like this better then the other aveeno face sunscreen, the yellow one. It protects but I do not see a difference with the ageless aspect. it doesn't leave a thick white cover it feels more like a moisturizing lotion. Also it doesn't cause any rosacea flare ups or blemishes. It's a bit pricey and small for daily use but i'll keep buying it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2010 10:24:00 AM More reviews by SugarFreeSheila

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This sunscreen actually feels quite soothing going on - and since it is a chemical-based SPF rather than a physical with titanium dioxide or zinc oxide, I didn't give the possibility of it leaving a white cast a single thought. Well, I should have. When I checked the mirror 15 minutes later ready to apply my makeup, I was appalled - it's probably the most whitening sunscreen I've ever come across. How this is possible with 3% avobenzone is a mystery to me, but I had to wash it off my face & start over with another SPF - and will be returning it today. To its credit, however, there was no burning (I'm a Retin-A/glycolic acid user) or any eye sting.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2009 11:06:00 AM More reviews by yunity

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I agree with the previous reviews. I had high hopes for this one because I love the Aveeno brand, but this stuff doesn't sink in completely, so you are left with a sticky face. And it can break you out. I was getting small whiteheads at first, and then I got these two deeper ones. Stings your eyes too, like many sunscreens out there. It's just not a pleasure to put on your face like some products out there, I actually dread putting it on! In terms of protection however, I feel that it does the job. I think I'm going to use the remainder of the bottle for dry parts of the body rather than the face.