November 23, 2014 | 2116 users online

Loose Powders - Avon - Ideal Shade Loose Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2013 10:28:00 AM More reviews by fatisfoxxy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my 1st loose powder so i have to get used to the shaker jar. I apply it with my elf studio kabuki brush over just moisturiser and concealer on my acne scars. It lasted for a few hours without needing to touch up and also my concealer is still intact. Usually if i just wear a concealer and pressed powder, my skin would be oily and makeup looks non existent. Pros: - big amount of product - very finely milled - never cakey - doesn't melt with a little sweat or oil (i live in hot and humid tropical country) - got the correct shade Neutral for my first buy. - affordable price Cons: - useless applicator. always use a brush! - shaker jar which i don't like - can be a hassle for touchups outside

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2013 7:48:00 AM More reviews by Maggiepup

This loose powder is okay I guess. As far as quantity goes it has a lot in it it would probably last you a little under a year, even if you wear it everyday, that's what I have done for two years so I know what I'm talking about. The coverage is fairly good though its not a build-able cover it looks very caky if you do that. They have a great colour line so that's also good on picking out your skin tone however you don't see the product until after you have bought it so its a little dodgy, kind of like a trial and error, so that sort of sucks. The container is good in comparison to others, though it can kind of get messy and the fluffy cloth sponge things that goes with it, is great for on the go, though isn't really good for applying it with, I would say it goes on caky and you have to wash it constantly if you do use it. The price I would say is great even if it does cost you like 20-30 dollars here in Australia cause it will last like a year so that's pretty good. I would recommend it for people who have oily skin especially for teenagers.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2012 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Radchickee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

An excellent powder. The color selection is great. I've found something where I don't have to worry about my powder looking too ashy and gray, or too orangey. This goes on smooth and natural without caking or changing color throughout the day. I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2012 1:32:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie98

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this! I have been using it for a few months, and have hardly made a dent in it. The product itself is wonderful, but I hate the packaging and I also find it to be very messy and it gets all over my clothes:/ So I just do my makeup before I get dressed. I'm not a huge fan of loose powders so this may be why. I would probably like it more if it had one of those shave off things

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2012 10:37:00 AM More reviews by ambsoph1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I only bought this because I keep seeing pixiwoo using this (yes I know they do some work for Avon) I also see them using the chanel loose powder also.I might try that next! And I would buy this again..What a lovely powder looks very natural I do not get that powder look when I apply this. It sets in very nice. I actually stopped using a setting spray since I started using this. It looks that good. I have a very oily nose slightly and slightly oily in the rest of the T zone and this really really helps keep my makeup set. Nothing in the world will stop the oil but this really helps a lot and I end up just looking dewy by the end of the night.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2012 9:31:00 AM More reviews by ningurl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm a make up artist and LOVE using this to set my clients make up. Its sheer, absorbs oil, sets make up, is soooo soft and doesn't show up in photos. The price is fantastic too. Will definately repurchase.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2011 10:38:00 PM More reviews by beccaFTW

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love it! I have it in 01 Translucent & I use it everyday to set my foundation. It's fantastic, even better than the Maybelline loose powder I used before.

If you use loose powder on a daily basis, then you should seriously consider getting this Avon powder, it's amazing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2011 4:24:00 PM More reviews by beautifuldreamer324

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I sale Avon, and I've read rave reviews about this, so I thought I'd pick one up. These are constantly going on sale in various campaigns, so I suggest grabbing one on the sale. This is really nice. I haven't used a loose powder since jr high, but I was curious to try one. I'm glad I purchased this. It gives a flawless finish over makeup or alone, without looking cakey or makeupy! (I applied with a powder brush from Ecotools. I haven't used the puff that came with it.) I purchased this in translucent. I want to try this in medium too. Highly recommend. The pressed version would be handy for on the good, but I'm a fan of loose powders. I may actually grabbed the pressed version for on the go in the future. I recommend this, and I would buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2011 5:46:00 PM More reviews by serahx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My mom bought this for herself but didn't like it so passed it on to me. I don't use it as much now (my pot is nearly empty and currently can't get hold of it so I'm trying to "save it up" ha ha), but at one point it was HG for me. The container is infuriating though, you have to shake so much for such little product to come out. If you're not careful with it you can end up looking really cakey. It seems to wear off really easily so I used it as my finishing powder. If they improved the container I probably would buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2010 5:16:00 PM More reviews by serenity9278

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had bought this product a long time ago, but never used it.This was sitting on my dresser for a long time.I usually use Milani pressed powder.One day my milani ran out and i was looking for a powder to replace this so i decided to try this.I loved it!!!! The color was a match and it kept my makeup looking fresh all day long.Since i have oily skin i am always disappointed when i look in the mirror after a while to see a shiny nose.Since I've been using this after 3 hours there is no sign of shine.I would buy this product again.