December 20, 2014 | 908 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Buriti Baby Body Butter

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2014 11:05:00 AM More reviews by Radchickee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This body butter is great, and a pleasure to use. It is soft and smooth and sinks in easily with no greasiness. The scent definitely has a baby smell to it, but its not like baby powder to me. It has a slight citrusy zing to it as well as the powder. I also use this on my son’s skin, and it works great on his winter eczema. I took off one lippie just for the scent. Although I like it, I do find it a bit strong. I was told at TBS that this product has been discontinued so I bought the last three tubs they had in stock. I’m sadly on the last one. I hope they bring this back.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by vuvie

This is so so good for dry and sensitive skin! Works just like the body butter only better.
Cause it is not as greasy and sinks into the skin well.

Love!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2012 7:50:00 PM More reviews by misslu990

This stuff is awesome seriously. Some of TBS body butters are really greasy but this isn't one of them. It goes on so smooth and is very easy to work into the skin. The scent is powdery but not overwhelming. It smells a little weird at first when you smell it but it smells good after it's applied and settles in. My skin feels as soft as a baby's butt no joke. I like that this doesn't have parabens in it and all that. I don't have any kids but I would definitely use this in a heart beat if I did because it don't irritate my skin at all and I have sensitive skin. Will repurchase
**11/3/12** I forgot to add that everytime I put this on it feels like you put a medicated ointment on where you get that slight tingly feeling. It's not strong or anything but it feels like it is definitely helping your skin heal. Not sure if it's the buriti in it or what, but I love it. Looks just like butter in the jar and spreads very smoothly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2012 2:48:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I hope TBS hasn't discontinued this product because I can't seem to find it anymore. I love that it doesn't have parabens or any of those 'nasty' ingredients found in other lotions and creams. The texture is so smooth and it absorbs into my skin without any problem.
I'd stockpile this stuff if I can find it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2012 3:25:00 PM More reviews by fundercat55

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my very favorite body butter. It's light and sinks in very quickly, but is extremely moisturizing and leaves my skin silky soft. I like the light, powdery scent. I found this a TJ Maxx for super cheap and I wish I had scooped up two or three of them. I would definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2012 10:12:00 PM More reviews by arizonababyboo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is amazing! So, for those that do not like the smell because it smells like baby powder, keep in mind that this is for babies! I use this on my 4 year old daughter and this stuff is great, nothin.g has kept her skin so smooth. I have tried it on myself as well and love it! I personally find the scent similar in nature to philosophy baby grace, so much so that I layer it with the spray. my daughter loves for me to read her the little description on the back that talks about it being used on the little prince and pricess babies. it looks and feels like spreading butter, except that once its on the skin it drinks it right up. I will continue to buy this over and over again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2011 2:13:00 PM More reviews by xion

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love the smell of this cream. It goes on smooth and not to thick, leaves your skin soft. Great buy for baby and mommy!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2011 3:18:00 PM More reviews by ericsson322

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Just for people wondering about the scent of this item. To me, this smells EXACTLY like the facial moisturizers by Avene (the scented ones like Avene hydrance optimal). It's a very clean, fresh scent - I love it! It does not smell like a 'typical' baby lotion, ie Johnsons.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2011 4:41:00 PM More reviews by gommiebears

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually like this butter because for some reason most of The Body Shop butters have been breaking me out for some reason. But I like this butter because it moisturize my skin and doesn't break me out. The smell is okay. I don't hate it but I am not enamored by it. It could be a bit more emollient but this is my go to lotion in the summer. I would repurchase.

UPDATE:08/09/2011
I love this lotion. Been buying this on repeat.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2011 2:53:00 PM More reviews by rsantos2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this body butter! This body butter sinks in very quickly and does not leave me feeling greasy. I love the smell, it's very light. The smell fades very fast soon after I apply it. I will repurchase!