Estee Lauder Pleasures Intense

3.8

on 2/3/2014 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Uggh. If you want an overpowerlying green/lily floral, this is it. This perfume actually smells okay after about 2 hours. The drydown is nice. But the first spritz and first hour is a very sharp white florally /green scent. On application it makes me sneeze, my husband hates it, and the dog actually goes out the doggy door and rolls in the grass. It is overpowering. Headache inducing overpowering.

I see reviews of "pink, purple, neon, etc..", but I smell straight up WHITE floral. Lilies, white honeysuckle, gardenia... in a bouquet tied up by fresh cut grass and weeds. The second note I smell is very green also, like fresh cut or broken weed stems. So altogether (to me) this is an uberstrong crushed weeds/leaves and white flower scent. However, this is much better than the original Pleasures, which to me smells like Deep Woods Off.

I hate myself for almost liking this scent. I never EVER get comments or compliments wearing it. But I do find myself wearing this scent off and on.

on 4/22/2013 7:29:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

It really smells a freshly picked bouquet of flowers. It's refreshing and makes you feel comfortable under your skin :) It's perfect for summer time but on my skin, ıt becomes a little sour after a few hours but I like it very much and I spray it on my clothing in order to prevent that sour smell.

on 3/3/2013 4:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This was a gift. Sickeningly sweet and floral. Old lady's house.

on 12/4/2012 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is one of those scents I love but I canít wear. Maybe it is my chemistry but as much as I love it when fresh out from the bottle or on some other people, I canít bear it on my skin. This scent is a real flower-bomb. Gorgeous, opulent, sunny and sweet in an almost cloying, sultry way. I like it so much but I canít wear it. I get headache and nausea if I smell it for too long. Maybe the only way for me to wear it would be in homeopathic portions.

on 8/8/2011 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The intense pleasure that this fragrance brings to me, i have no words hahaha is so different from the original pleausres intended for more mature woman! Is strong and floral! It was love at the first sniff with this one, so try it before buy it! Comments from everyone using this pleasure fragrance!!!! Of this line i do love more pleasures delight, i need to try the new pleasures in bloom, that seems to be more freshly floral type!

on 12/2/2010 3:34:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a more intense version of Pleasures (as the title indicates). To me it is the best version of Pleasures. The original is too thin and sheer, this one is at least interesting and has some cool notes. Top notes are peony, black currant, ylang-ylang and green lily; middle notes are lily, tiare flower, jasmine and moroccan rose; base notes are maple, vanilla and styrax.

on 4/29/2009 2:32:00 PM

This is another disapointment that i bought this season, I love pleasures, and this one is stronger and i think the scent is so nice, but the problem is the staying power, i have to keep reapplying it all day, and that's is a waste, no compliments on it either. so it with a couple other weak perfumes will sit on my dresser, never will waste my money again.

on 4/25/2009 3:55:00 PM

This perfume just NEVER, EVER failed to get me compliments both from men and women. It's funny because I own other scents that are supposed to be compliment getters, but I have never , ever experienced so many compliments as with PIntense.
I like this scent, but I kind of grew tired of it. It is just waaaaayyyyy to floral. The lilies are super strong. I can also detect a very present lilac note and just a tad of vanilla.
Definitely the ultimate spring scent and a must- have for (hardcore )flower lovers.
It's a really pretty scent.. If I had to choose a color for it, it would be lavender . Just not my style these days.
The staying power is excellent. Actually, it will follow you everywhere like a cloud, so I hope you enjoy wearing it ;P

There are no words for how much I enjoy this fragrance. I used up my first bottle when I was a freshman in college, and recently thought to repurchase it (I'm 23 now). Pleasures Intense just smells like fluorescent pink and purple to me...super feminine, super fun, but sophisticated enough to not seem out of place, say, at a fancy dinner party. I also like it because not many people know about it or wear it. Be forewarned: Although this scent is incredibly easy to like, you probably won't be able to live with it unless you are a quote "floral person" because the lily and lilac are STRONG.

on 11/23/2008 5:28:00 PM

mmmm this is a very pretty floral. It smells like honeysuckle and lilacs to me. It is pretty strong and sharp when first sprayed, but after a bit it mellows into a very feminine elegant smell that reminds me of a sunny spring morning.

Popular Fragrances