October 23, 2014 | 1473 users online

Foundations - Bare Escentuals - bareMinerals SPF 15 Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2014 4:59:00 PM More reviews by emilyc1234

I have some acne, and this doesn't disturb it at all. after I apply a bb cream, I set it off with a little of this, and my makeup looks awesome. I wish it would stay on a little longer than about six hours. My skin can get oily later in the day especially around my nose and forehead, and I hoped that it would keep my face matte, but that's what the stay matte mineral foundation is for!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/11/2014 6:28:00 PM More reviews by mgibbs

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is not a foundation for older or dry skin. It settles into your fine lines and
Wrinkles. I had a make up artist apply this for me and she agreed it's not for dry skin.
I've tried it with several different moisturizers and serum....still made my skin look dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2014 6:06:00 PM More reviews by alexiseptember

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A little pricey. But so worth it. Super perfect skin, cake-free, and it stays on without accentuating any dry spots. I love it.

I have dry to normal skin that is very fair with yellow undertones. Golden Fair is my holy grail product. I'm very sensitive/acne prone but haven't gotten a single pimple from this. (I use the Matte version, FYI.)

I apply my BareMinerals Well Rested powder Concealer beforehand to my under eyes- which are this awful, lavender color. This covers them awesomely. Then I buff this on using my EcoTools Buffing Brush. You wouldn't leave the house without setting a liquid foundation, and I set my powder foundation too, using NYC Smooth Skin Loose Powder in Translucent and Sephora's "Airbrush" powder brush. Bam. Satin finish, not super-mask-matte, no redness in sight, and skin that looks smoother than ever.

I only need one layer for medium coverage, but can get full coverage if I want. The second I run out, I'll buy more. This is the ultimate buildable foundation for pale, yellow-toned skin. I recommend this brand to literally all my friends.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2014 12:42:00 AM More reviews by noelizgonzalez

Just like every other foundation, you have to apply it the correct way. If you have a lot of scars, redness, hyper pigmentation, or even acne, you're definitely going to need to apply this with the concealer brush from bare escentuals. When I first started using this foundation which was about 3 years ago, I made the mistake of applying it with the flawless face brush. That gave me little coverage, and I had to end up using more then what I really needed. I started applying the foundation with the concealer brush and literally everything is covered, from acne, acne scars, and redness. Bottom line is use the concealer brush for full coverage! This foundation is perfect for me. It doesn't break me out and I have every sensitive skin, so a lot of other high-end brands break me out like crazy. It leaves a very natural look and ever since I've been using this, I get compliments on how beautiful my skin looks. It covers just about everything. I use the matte foundation because the original foundation emphasizes my oily skin and has me shining all day. I haven't experienced any horrible breakouts from using this product in the last 3 years, and mind you I breakout very easily.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/15/2014 3:41:00 AM More reviews by msbluestone13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I went with my mom to get us both a starter kit of this makeup. I had to go back 3 times because no one could correcrly match my skin color. Anyway.. I did not like it. It didnt cover anything atall. It also felt..like there was too much powder on my face. It was also too dewy..the finish. I tried this foundation with bisque later on..still didnt work great... the matte version works lots better as far as not being dewy and I can find a color match as well. It works for some ppl..not for me :-(

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2014 8:14:00 PM More reviews by emilyc123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this mineral foundation. it makes my face look natural and it looks good with my liquid foundation. doesnt irritate my acne. it is pricey, and i cant wear it alone, but if you dont have bad acne and want a light foundation, i suggest this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2014 12:11:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

I have tried this several times with the same result. First I do not like how it looks on the skin and I do not find it natural looking at all on anyone, it always increasing my oil production on my skin, within and hour I am already getting shiny enough that I need to touch up. I always looks cakey as the day goes on and creases which I do not get with my other foundations. I have found that PF is much better than this foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/26/2014 8:33:00 PM More reviews by huttoncg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've got pretty severe acne. This product is nice and light and feels natural so I really want it to work out. Unfortunately I've got really oily skin and I feel this product slipping off my face about an hour after I apply it. I just need more long lasting coverage just more coverage in general.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2014 4:58:00 AM More reviews by yjanney

I used this for several years around 2000. It was definitely better for my skin than a lot of the liquid foundations out there that clogged my pores and made my face even greasier! This was back when mineral/powder foundation was a new idea, so it was very exciting.

Unfortunately, it never provided enough coverage for my broken-out skin, it didn't prevent my face from getting oily, and it would be almost gone in a matter of hours. To be fair, I don't think I knew about primers back then.

I found some lurking in a drawer the other day and decided to try it again, now that my oiliness is more under control and my skin has cleared up a lot. Still not thrilled with this product, though. I prefer IT Cosmetics Celebration Foundation - better coverage, more natural looking, less mess. I alternate between IT and Motives Liquid Powder foundations.

This was a completely new and different idea in makeup, and I appreciate it for forging a new path. But there are better options out there. Won't be buying again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2014 4:16:00 PM More reviews by annaa7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't understand what all the hype is about. This is a HORRIBLE product, it does NOT cover whatever kind of acne you have! This is a waste of money. I bought the kit with brushes, concealer and foundation. I did like it in the beginning, but turns out it is not good. However, the brushes are good. And I also liked the concealer. But the foundation? No.