October 25, 2014 | 1637 users online

Gels/Soaps - VitaBath - Spring Green Shower Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2013 11:51:00 PM More reviews by Leilani702

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a good product. The scent is clean, fresh, and it moisturizes skin very nicely! I also have to say that I only use 2 squirts and take my entire shower with lather left over in the washcloth. This also makes an extreme bubble bath! All you need is a little and it will last. I also have very sensitive skin, and this does not irritate me at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/11/2013 7:09:00 PM More reviews by Smiley0821

I got a sample of this and it reeks good for your male partner but its s strong yuck

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2012 7:06:00 PM More reviews by ProductJunkey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I purchased this because it was on clearance at Sears for $4.50 for the 10 oz. bottle. I remember this from the 70's- my Mom used to like the Pink scent (which has since been discontinued) I think they replaced it with the Vitabath Plus- which has a nice scent, but the original pink was the best- that one was more floral. When this first came out there were only three scents- Green, Pink and Yellow- the yellow one was straight up lemon. The yellow has been discontinued as well- so the green one is the only original scent that is still around. The scent is very nostalgic for me. What I like is that the scent actually stays on your skin after you've dried off. It turns your bathtub green as your showering! Love this- you only need a quarter size dollop to do your body with a bath pouf.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2012 9:53:00 PM More reviews by natasha102002

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I cannot speak for myself, as I've only used it a few times, but my grandma loved it. It reminds me so much of her. My mom always loved it and vitabath is amazing/

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2011 12:48:00 AM More reviews by blondex199667

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love Vitabath! I always have a variety of body washes going at once, but I use Vitabath the most.
It's far more concentrated that any other body wash I've used, so the relative expense is no where near as bad as you might think. It is intensely green smelling; by today's standard a more masculine than feminine scent. It cleans very well and rinses cleanly. It's never dried me out.
This was the first, widely-available liquid body cleanser and remains one of the best.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/18/2010 5:18:00 PM More reviews by popejohn3rd

Overrated. I have oily facial skin and dry body skin prone to odors. I bathed with this stuff and did not feel clean and still had body odors. Unless you are bathing several times a day (very drying) this does no good and keeping you fresh smelling. Probably makes a better bubble bath than anything.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2010 2:58:00 AM More reviews by kinkaju

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This reminds me of my mom and how much she liked the Spring Green scent in VitaBath. The scent is so green, almost pine-y, very clean and strong smelling. Definitely a unisex fresh woodsy scent. I don't recall if these products were especially moisturizing, drying etc.... I only remember the smell and it's simply for nostalgia's sake for me. I found Spring Green in Ulta today.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2009 11:34:00 AM More reviews by dachua

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the pink vitabath plus, but the green one is nauseating to me. It smells like a rotten pine tree.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2009 6:29:00 PM More reviews by fragranceisall

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

If I didn't have this to shower with, I don't think I could live in New York City during the summer. Nothing, nothing refreshes me more than VitaBath spring green. I've been using it for years and would be inconsolable if it were ever discontinued.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2009 8:46:00 PM More reviews by youdroppedabalmonme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ahhhh, such memories for me with this stuff. It was all the rage in the '80s, right when shower gels and sponge poufs were revolutionizing personal hygiene and giving bar soap a run for its money. I've always liked the original scent the best. It is a true fougere (fern/green) fragrance: it smells like forest pine and fresh-cut leaves. Rather like a fancier version of Irish Spring. The label says it has a "hint of musk," which I don't catch at all. I like the scent a lot and use the matching lotion when I use the bath gel. Those two alone give all-day freshness. I'm not always into a more unisex "clean/green" scent, but sometimes it's just right. (I work in a funky old building and smelling like expensive spa salts can come in very handy!)

Vitabath is expensive- a 10-ounce bottle goes for $18. But that can be a little misleading, because it is super-concentrated and just a few drops produces mounds of bubbles and fragrance. (Ironically, this stuff is marketed in Germany under the brand name "Badedas" and is as cheap and ubiquitous as Olay Body Wash is for us!)