November 27, 2014 | 1379 users online

Eyeliner - Urban Decay - Ink For Eyes - Demolition

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2012 6:01:00 PM More reviews by veganrebecca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like the way this eyeliner comes with its own dedicated brush. It makes it more of a bargain, since I'll still have the brush when the product runs out. Not that I think I'll ever hit the pan on this one.

It is very soft and creamy, and does not harden up once it is applied. So don't use it as a mascara, as you might do with a liquid eyeliner - it will just make a big mess. It's a good idea to rub off excess with your finger or the smudger on the end of the brush, to avoid smears later in the day.

It has no sparkle or shimmer.

I wouldn't buy it again because I think I have enough dark brown eyeliners to last me a long time. I think I prefer a lighter color, like Whiskey.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2011 11:37:00 PM More reviews by dancemegandance

I love this, applies very easy but runs out too easily

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2011 1:08:00 PM More reviews by podgybum

i absolutely love this product! with the angled brush, it makes it so easy to go on. i like how you can get different shades of it depending on how much you apply, and depending on what look i want.
you can get right down into your lashes, which i couldnt do with my old liquid liner. i havent tried the smudger get... but i love how i can get such a smokey look with it. would defo buy again and at 6.95 on ebay with free p&p great price!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2011 10:02:00 PM More reviews by dreanicoley

Okay so I bought this because it came in a little coffin looking package and I had always wanted to try cream liner. I suuuck at liquid liner - practice never makes perfect in my case! This is so so so much easier. In fact I just ordered bobbi brown in caviar, so I can't wait to try. Overall this is great imo. It is smudgy if u don't let it dry, but that's my only gripe.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/26/2010 4:36:00 PM More reviews by lovepigeon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I admit I got this for the pretty packaging and before reading any reviews. This is the first cream or gel eyeliner that I have tried - previously just used pencil, liquid or wet eyeshadow. Score I'd give is 3.5 not a 3.

Pros:
Colour is really nice with my colouring, has actually convinced me to switch from black to dark brown eyeliner permanently. Other browns are often too light so they don't give enough definition or have too much red in them but on me this is the perfect dark brown.
Very easy to apply, the brush it comes with is good (but smudger on end of brush useless).
The creamy formula does not drag on delicate skin around eyes.
Lasts a long time, after 9 months of daily use have only used 1/4 of it.
The packaging is really nice.
On me seems to last quite well all day (I don't have oily lids).
Cons:
The creamy consistancy of the formula means it smudges off easily so if you rub your eyes it may come off .
Can not layer it as you wipe off original application in process (again due to it being cream texture).
Probably not as long-wearing as others like Bobbi Brown.

I would not rebuy because BB is meant to be better but otherwise I preferred this to the pencil eyeliner I was using before (UD 24/7) and its easier to use then liquid eyeliner.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2009 1:56:00 PM More reviews by solyacska

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Colour - in the case it's a dark brown but it goes on as a medium warm chocolate brown. There is barely any colour intensity and the warm undertone made my eyes look tired.

Consistency - it's supposed to be a cream liner but in practice this is a pencil liner without the wooden part. It goes on quite smooth and creamy but you need more coats to make the colour as intense as it is in the container. Being so creamy it's very easy to smudge and looks a lot less harsh than liquid liner.

Lasting power - I was wondering for a while why a cream liner is not in an airtight container. Well, here is why: it basically never dries. It's just a cream that sits on your eyes when you apply. I randomly touched my eye an hour after application and the whole line smeared off on my hand, even though I set it with some brown eyeshadow. I checked myself in a mirror and it smeared up under my eyebrows as well...

Packaging - the only good part of this product. I was always a sucker for Urban Decay, both for the quality and the design, and boy is this packaging beautiful. The paper box it comes in is gorgeous and shiny and multi-coloured, and the dark silver long metal case incredibly elegant, especially with that peacock. I like the concept inside the case as well - the actual product is in along the side leaving space for a small double-ended liner/smudge brush. The brush is surprisingly good quality, even though the handle is too short for my liking.

Overall - pretty rubbish eyeliner, especially for 14. I won't ever use it on my eyes because it smears and the colour is too light and warm. However, this is amazing for eyebrows! You can apply it much more precisely with the angled brush than a brow pencil and it's not too dark. It makes for a very polished but natural brow and is the exact same colour as my hair.
I'm glad I found some use for this but I won't repurchase. Dipdown is next on the list.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2009 5:20:00 PM More reviews by spiderleenie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have read SO many negative reviews on the Urban Decay Ink for Eyes. Unfortunately I read those reviews shortly after I ordered one of the colors at Ulta, which got me worried. Yikes!

After using this stuff, I can't see what all of the negativity is about. This liner worked just fine for me! It was super-easy to apply (especially while using the surprisingly high quality brush that comes with it). Also, the liner stayed put after it dried. I just got back home from the rain, and the liner didn't smudge or fade one bit! I am REALLY happy with this product!

I don't do anything particularly special in order to make this liner stay put. I use Too Faced Shadow Insurance (I prefer this over the Urban Decay Primer Potion because it's a thinner formula), and I tend to put this liner on top of Stila's Kitten eyeshadow. Like I said, this product stays put when it dries.

Oh, and last but not least: I have to talk about the packaging. It's gorgeous and classy. I'm not going to lie- the packaging is what drew me to this liner in the first place. Luckily the product works well for me too, so I have no complaints.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2009 10:19:00 PM More reviews by kristmas5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loved this!!! I am totally in love with the packaging, and the performance! I got it home and started to play with it right away. It is an awesome creamy liner. almost a potted Kohl Liner..very smooth, making the application flawless! I am not a huge fan of the brush that came with it, ONLY cause it's short..and I like long handled brushes. But the smudger on the other end is really nice! I only got one this time just to try out, but I am totally getting all the other colors now! I 100% recommend this product!!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2009 11:59:00 PM More reviews by dejahthoris

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Like many others reviewing the new Ink For Eyes colors, I really really wanted to like this. I love the beautiful packaging (god I'm such a sucker for that), love the long strip of creamy eyeliner, and the little slanted brush end worked well for me. Demolition, a lovely deep chocolate brown color, went on smoothly and evenly.. I didn't notice the dryness that some reviewers mentioned in some other reviews of other colors. Mine was fresh and creamy, and I could make sharp lines with it. I applied it, and it looked great. I expected it to stay put, but it went smeary in just a couple hours... even over my Urban Decay Primer Potion, which usually sticks everything down tight. In a few hours, the rest of my eyemakeup was perfect and looked freshly applied, but my liner looked tired, blurry, and very much faded. Also, the smudging end of the brush was too rough for my eye area... it tugged and scraped too much. However, that's a minor point.. if this stuff would stay put, I wouldn't care about the silly smudger. UD, please rework this product, you nailed everything except the performance. I'll be returning this.